Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Championship Round: Ray-Ray-Ravens vs Our Forefathers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can the Ravens win?
Yes
69%
 69%  [ 36 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 11 ]
Call me....maybe?
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 52

RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reading over the past few pages, is this REALLY what the argument has boiled down to leading up to the AFC Championship game? Discussing the semantics of a trivial expression? Really people? Razz

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Just reading over the past few pages, is this REALLY what the argument has boiled down to leading up to the AFC Championship game? Discussing the semantics of a trivial expression? Really people? Razz

Yeah, this whole BA "thing" is really stupid, imo.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
I think the real question is, should I join in on this Ray Lewis groupthink sig everyone's got?

I've never been one for the banner sigs, and we've won our first two playoff games, so I don't want to jinx anything (I am the center of the universe and have the ability to jinx AFC Championship Games with my message board signatures). Also, I like my DFW quote. And I'm lazy. But I feel all left out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
I think the real question is, should I join in on this Ray Lewis groupthink sig everyone's got?

I've never been one for the banner sigs, and we've won our first two playoff games, so I don't want to jinx anything (I am the center of the universe and have the ability to jinx AFC Championship Games with my message board signatures). Also, I like my DFW quote. And I'm lazy. But I feel all left out.

Definitely not at this point! Do what you been doin'!

But I mean hey, I'm not superstitious, so the bandwagon is always open Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone come across a gif of harbaugh doing the "talking hand" at Decker?

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/video/fa717f18cb4349d8a4fa0d85cb92d6a7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:

Let's not forget the Championship game where you decided to jack my thread making duties, think it was against the Steelers?

Yeah...stay away BTerp, stay far, far away from Suga! Laughing

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:

I think you should. Someone new has joined during each wave of games. We need you to join for us to stand a chance at winning. Just think, if you don't join... and we lose, you were caught standing on the sidelines of fate... but by grabbing hold of fate... you can never lose... I think. Razz

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:

I think you should. Someone new has joined during each wave of games. We need you to join for us to stand a chance at winning. Just think, if you don't join... and we lose, you were caught standing on the sidelines of fate... but by grabbing hold of fate... you can never lose... I think. Razz
The masses have spoken. I'm going to hold out for at least one more week. If we head to the Super Bowl, I guess I'll re-consider.

Great article from Mike Silver over at Yahoo! on our guys...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--baltimore-ravens-eager-to-shake-memories-of-last-year-s-afc-title-game-loss-153059887.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Quote:
"The guy I felt the worst for was Lee Evans," Boldin said recently, harkening back to that 23-20 AFC championship game defeat, which also included Billy Cundiff's missed 32-yard field-goal attempt with 11 seconds remaining. "In his career, he had never been to the playoffs. Then you get in that position and have a chance to be the hero – and to have him have that situation happen to him, it was really tough.

"I remember seeing him in the locker room with his head in his hands, sobbing, just heartbroken. I was trying to console him, but how do you console somebody like that who feels like he let down his team, and let down the whole city of Baltimore? You're trying to tell him it's gonna be OK, but for him, it wasn't OK."

Quote:
"To be on the type of team we have, with guys who will sacrifice everything to try to accomplish something, it's amazing. You don't always have that kind of group, and when you do, you try to take advantage of what you have."

Not to get all hokie, but it's stuff like this that reminds me why I love this team. Stuff like this, games like last Saturday. And I think, while it's not going to be anything close to a deciding factor on Sunday, because games aren't won and lost purely on emotion, it's hard for me to see how the Pats could possibly want this more than the Ravens. Quite frankly, they've been too successful to want this as bad as the Ravens do. Win or lose, our guys are going to leave absolutely everything out there on the field. They're going to play like losing is a worse fate than death. Life isn't a fairy tale and we don't get to waltz into the Super Bowl just because we've overcome adversity and Ray Lewis is retiring and the Pats at Foxboro are like a 'final boss' in a video game. But it's still all part of a narrative that fuels the team. They believe in each other, and they're going to fight to the death to rectify last year's disappointment. It's unfinished business on a colossal scale. It's a damn pleasure to root for this team, win or lose, because from the top-down, they really are a family. A family that feuds, a family that shows up drunk for dinner sometimes, a family that struggles, but a family that fights for each other. And maybe Sunday is where it all comes together for that family.

The article also made me feel a pang of pity for Lee Evans. The guy completely washed out in the league after last year's AFCCG after showing some good things when he was healthy last year. I think he was just never able to mentally come back after letting Moore strip him. That's his legacy for the rest of his life, that's what ended his career, and while that drop caused a whole lot of pain for all of us and ultimately he has to answer for his professional failings, sometimes it's not a bad thing to acknowledge what those failures do for the individuals themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:

Yeah, this whole BA "thing" is really stupid, imo.

I guess people are clutching at whatever straws are offered, because apart from Ayanbadejo, the build up to this game has been a total lovefest between the coaches and players.

All everyone is doing is saying how great and tough and dangerous and capable the other team/players are. I suppose this sort of détente is natural when you do know a team as well as the Patriots and Ravens know one another.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://russellstreetreport.com/rave-on-tv-video/goobvision-afc-championship-edition/

this gave me a good laugh

GO RAVENS!!
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun
RB Bernard Pierce (knee) and Brendon Ayabandejo (undisclosed) not practicing today for #Ravens, according to my colleague Edward Lee.

Pierce was expected, but do you think Ayanbadejo isn't practicing because of his tweets and his missed ST tackle on one of the return TDs last week?

GO RAVENS!!
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Ravens2 wrote:
Quote:
RB Bernard Pierce (knee) and Brendon Ayabandejo (undisclosed) not practicing today for #Ravens, according to my colleague Edward Lee.

Pierce was expected, but do you think Ayanbadejo isn't practicing because of his tweets and his missed ST tackle on one of the return TDs last week?

Highly doubtful. If you want to discipline a guy, you hold him out for the start of a game, not practice. And with a game like this on the line, you are playing with fire if you keep a guy out of practice for posting on Twitter, especially for something that wasn't necessarily a horrible thing to say (stupid, sure, but not horrible like disrespecting teammates/coaches/etc).

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Go_Ravens2 wrote:
Quote:

Highly doubtful. If you want to discipline a guy, you hold him out for the start of a game, not practice. And with a game like this on the line, you are playing with fire if you keep a guy out of practice for posting on Twitter, especially for something that wasn't necessarily a horrible thing to say (stupid, sure, but not horrible like disrespecting teammates/coaches/etc).

Yea that's what I figured, but I just didn't recall him being injured or anything

GO RAVENS!!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Ravens RB Bernard Pierce, who suffered a knee injury against the #Broncos, guaranteed he will play against the #Patriots in the AFCC game.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/291634884370382848
Tom Brady Tribute
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:

Are you really THAT surprised....its Pats vs Ravens, arguing over stupid stuff is what our fan bases do leading up to game, why change such rich tradition??? Laughing

Sig credit: Deadpulse

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 8 of 52

Jump to: