You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Championship Round: Ray-Ray-Ravens vs Our Forefathers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can the Ravens win?
Yes
69%
 69%  [ 36 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 11 ]
Call me....maybe?
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 52

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titan89 wrote:
I am a Titans fan and over the years the Ravens admittedly were not my favourite team lol. I miss when the Titans weren't complete garbage Laughing and the clashes both teams used to have.

That being said this past week was probably one of the best playoff games I have ever seen the Broncos and Ravens and the Ravens totally deserved to win that game.

However, no team do I dislike more than the Patriots and I have to say I am loving all the gif images. Keep it up Laughing .

Bottom line, even with my Titan bias I still respect the Ravens and Ray Lewis deserves to at least get to the big game for his last hoorah.

I hope the Ravens march into New England and hand them the loss they so deeply deserve.

Best of luck the rest of the way guys and am I the only one who wants a Harbaugh brother Super Bowl?

I too want the Harbowl... if only because I know the 49ers to be the more well respected team around the league... and the stage will be that much more grand. Since this team couldn't make things easy for itself by winning the #2 seed when they had the chance... and since the road has already seemed to take the toughest path we could take... I want to make it as tough as it can be.

If we get the Falcons, I think we can proceed to run all over them and make plays. But I want the 49ers and their read-option. I want that 49ers front 7. I want Kaep and Gore and Crabtree and Davis... and I want to beat them so that everyone can respect this team and not simply make excuses about how we beat some mediocre/overrated team.

But then again... the excuse if we win probably is because Kaep is a rookie and handed you guys the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so excited for this game! I went to the gym today and watched The Ray Lewis Rise Video right before I started lifting and I set a new personal best bench press by 20 lbs. There really is something about Ray that just pumps people up and I cannot wait for Sunday. Anyone else thinking about heading up to NE to go to the game??

GO RAVENS!!
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Ravens2 wrote:
Anyone else thinking about heading up to NE to go to the game??

I was thinking about it. And when I was looking around, I saw a few pairs of seats for relatively reasonable prices - given the stadium, the situation (championship game), and the area (lower level seats). But money isn't really the issue for me, it's that with me being a recent college graduate I'm in a much more fortunate situation than a lot of my friends who are either still in school or working at less than stellar jobs, at least financially. So it would probably be pretty hard to find someone willing to spend that kind of money from my group of friends to go up there, that and you're probably not going to find a decent price on good seats for more than 2 people.

bananabucket wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
For years the argument has been, mostly, Peyton V Joe V Brady as the GOAT QB.

Flacco?
Greenlaser86

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here goes ESPN again... Confused

10. Who will advance to the Super Bowl? Most everybody was primed for another chapter in the Peyton Manning-Tom Brady postseason series, but since Denver couldn't make that happen, it's difficult to see anybody stopping the Patriots at this point. It's not just about the home-field advantage, either. It's about knowing how to win at this stage of the postseason. New England is 5-1 in AFC Championship Games since Tom Brady became its starter. They're about to get win No. 6.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN will never, ever, go against the Patriots. It's just who (and where) they are. Of course they wanted a Manning-Brady showdown for the AFC Championship. Headlines like that would lead to more popularity for pregame discussions they would have on their network. I've honestly disregarded most of their opinion-based content for years. They have agendas to meet and that's fine because ESPN is a business first and foremost. You just gotta sift through a lot of crap to find the occasional gold nugget.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ref for the game is Bill Leavy.

Sad Sad Sad
Tom Brady Tribute
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^anyone recall him ever screwing us?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:

I actually think he's been pretty favorable to us in the few games I remember seeing his face in. Not to say there doesn't remain the off-chance we once again get screwed by the refs, but I think we should have a relatively fair, clean-cut game with Levy and co. And if nothing else, at least we can say, thank goodness it's not Mike Carey. Laughing

bananabucket wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
For years the argument has been, mostly, Peyton V Joe V Brady as the GOAT QB.

Flacco?
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

I actually think he's been pretty favorable to us in the few games I remember seeing his face in. Not to say there doesn't remain the off-chance we once again get screwed by the refs, but I think we should have a relatively fair, clean-cut game with Levy and co. And if nothing else, at least we can say, thank goodness it's not Mike Carey. Laughing

I know it wasn't involving us, but isn't this the ref from the Steelers vs. Seahawks Super Bowl a few years back?

GO RAVENS!!
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenlaser86 wrote:
Here goes ESPN again... Confused

10. Who will advance to the Super Bowl? Most everybody was primed for another chapter in the Peyton Manning-Tom Brady postseason series, but since Denver couldn't make that happen, it's difficult to see anybody stopping the Patriots at this point. It's not just about the home-field advantage, either. It's about knowing how to win at this stage of the postseason. New England is 5-1 in AFC Championship Games since Tom Brady became its starter. They're about to get win No. 6.

Laughing Who do they think stopped Denver, from "making it happen"?

The pick isn't surprising; the wording is funny.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Ravens2 wrote:
but isn't this the ref from the Steelers vs. Seahawks Super Bowl a few years back?

He is, in my opinion he is probably the worst ref in the NFL currently.
Tom Brady Tribute
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Go_Ravens2 wrote:
but isn't this the ref from the Steelers vs. Seahawks Super Bowl a few years back?

He can't be worse than Mike Carey. Not possible.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Go_Ravens2 wrote:

He can't be worse than Mike Carey. Not possible.

Both are up there, i do think Leavy is worst since at least Carey can communicate his ruling to the crowed much better than most refs in the NFL, better than Leavy for sure.
Tom Brady Tribute
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Go_Ravens2 wrote:
Anyone else thinking about heading up to NE to go to the game??

I was thinking about it. And when I was looking around, I saw a few pairs of seats for relatively reasonable prices - given the stadium, the situation (championship game), and the area (lower level seats). But money isn't really the issue for me, it's that with me being a recent college graduate I'm in a much more fortunate situation than a lot of my friends who are either still in school or working at less than stellar jobs, at least financially. So it would probably be pretty hard to find someone willing to spend that kind of money from my group of friends to go up there, that and you're probably not going to find a decent price on good seats for more than 2 people.

I'm really dithering on this. Part of me really wants to go, but I have to work on Saturday and it's busy season in my line of work (financial services). Would take some creative maneuvering by me to make the trip work. As you mentioned the money isn't really the issue.

Is people are interested, though:

http://wnst.net/nfl/wnst-trip-to-afc-championship-game-boston-on-sale-now/
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw a nice stat. Of all 8 playoff games so far, highest passer ratings

1. Joe Flacco - 125.6(vs Colts)
2. Joe Flacco - 116.2(@ Broncos)
3. Tom Brady - 115.0(vs Texans)

Anyone know what the yards per attempt record is? 12.26 against Indy has to be up there.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 3 of 52

Jump to: