Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tj Yates for 2013
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Tj Yates for 2013 Reply with quote

Im fully behind Yates for our starting qb in 2013, hate me all you want, Im all in. Who's with me

Last edited by amazingandre on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
TexansFan23

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not me. Answer comes from the outside.
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexansFan23 wrote:

Agreed. Yates is schaub with a weaker arm lol.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
TexansFan23 wrote:

Confused
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
TexansFan23 wrote:

Yates has a stronger arm, and Yates worse than Schaub.

We wont address QB this year. Not in trade, not in free agency and not in the draft early.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schaub played very poorly in the 3rd quarter. He played well in other parts of the game however. I think we can all agree that our inability to run the ball played a much bigger part in the game. I would love a Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, etc. I would even love a Colin Kaepernick (sp?) that we could take in the second or thrid round, sit for a year, then he could take over. But without a doubt, the right side of that O-Line is putrid and we have got to change something. We could not run the ball worth a lick.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing i'd like to reiterate is, change is needed relatively soon. I don't think Schaub is going to be the QB in 2014 and definitely not by 2015. This crop of QBs coming out this year is so freaking weak though i just don't see anybody we grab in the second or third that could be of help in the immediate future.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
Schaub played very poorly in the 3rd quarter. He played well in other parts of the game however. I think we can all agree that our inability to run the ball played a much bigger part in the game. I would love a Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, etc. I would even love a Colin Kaepernick (sp?) that we could take in the second or thrid round, sit for a year, then he could take over. But without a doubt, the right side of that O-Line is putrid and we have got to change something. We could not run the ball worth a lick.

and here we go again.............................
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kubiak: if you're asking me about our quarterback I have a ton of confidence in him. #texans

Quote:
"I thought Matt was very good," #Texans owner Bob McNair on Schaub.

dsiadosidnsaoidnsidnasno

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:

Hey now! You've got no idea of putrid till you see Jeromey Clary and Rex Hadnot manning a right side of your line! Laughing

That said, it had looked like Eric Winston's presence was certainly missed on this line (possibly Brisiel's as well, but what I saw of Winston in the past and what I've seen of his this season leads me to believe that the higher quality at RT would have made the lesser quality at RG less noticeable/impactful). Can't fault either for cashing in when they did, but they certainly do appear missed.

And trust me, it pains me to see any more teams looking for OL help in this draft given how badly my own team needs it (and likely needs to come out of it's first 3 picks with two quality guys). I realize that very rarely is drafting a RT in the 1st round considered terribly favorable, but for a team that emphasizes the run on offense as you guys do (see San Francisco - even to this day though they are airing it out more with Kaepernick), it's considerably more justifiable because you want to be able to run with the same efficiency to either side, otherwise you become all the more easy to gameplan against.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This right side of the oline is garbage talk can stop now. We gave up no sacks and rushed 5 times for 47 yards to the right.....the qb is terrible
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 Year 62.0 Million extension inhibits a change at the QB position. Schaub clearly lacks the arm strength to stretch teams vertically, which is the trait teams covet at the position. Bit of what I call a Dinker & Dunker.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
This right side of the oline is garbage talk can stop now. We gave up no sacks and rushed 5 times for 47 yards to the right.....the qb is terrible

That I agree with. I believe I only seen Newton get beat once early in the game, and Brooks played well. Hopefully they continue to improve, and I dont think we go OL early in the draft now.

BTW, is it just me or does it seem like when we ere bad we had all the cap in the world, but now when we are good we don't. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

That I agree with. I believe I only seen Newton get beat once early in the game, and Brooks played well. Hopefully they continue to improve, and I dont think we go OL early in the draft now.

BTW, is it just me or does it seem like when we ere bad we had all the cap in the world, but now when we are good we don't. Laughing

better players cost more money
JOHNNY TEXAN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on board with T.J., I would like to see what he can do after studying this year, It could be a breath of fresh air, Unfortunatly time is running out on the texans I hate to say.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: