Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 AFCCG, where the Pats end Ray Lewis' career...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donut

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
Donut wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
Just saw on ESPN that Pollard shared his thoughts on Brady's slide saying he shoulda been fined or should be with his raising of the leg. Guy should talk. He concussed Ridley with that illegal hit that "caused" the fumble. With that call so rampant last night I was shocked that the most blatant "head-to-head" hit was not called. He is indeed a Patriots killer. Took out Brady in 2008, Welker the year after, Gronk last year and seriously injured Ridley on the worst of the helmet hits I have seen in a while. Ridley folded up like a lawn chair. Killed momentum we had but thats not his fault... I know refs will miss calls too but one of the dirtiest players in the game should not be calling out a QB for a slide,

I also remember hearing a few yrs ago about him bragging and talking trash about injurying Brady and Welker. He's a POS. Fits in w/ Ray Lewis. And I swear Pollard tried to stomp on Vereen's hand at one point in the game.

I also find it hilarious that apparently according to Raven fans Pollard is clean player and he just has a few incidental headshots. I dont want Randy Moss to get a ring but I definitely don't want Baltimore winning.

Thats messed up. After all he has done for the patriots you wouldnt want him to get a ring Shocked

He cried and whined his way out of town here. He's been a diva his whole career. He did it Minnesota oakland and NE. He wasn't as bad as TO. Then add having to listen to NBT w/o a ring he'd probably get even more ridiculous. He still wants us to trade a high pick for Streeter...And basically go w/ Millen draft. WR every first round
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
Donut wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
Just saw on ESPN that Pollard shared his thoughts on Brady's slide saying he shoulda been fined or should be with his raising of the leg. Guy should talk. He concussed Ridley with that illegal hit that "caused" the fumble. With that call so rampant last night I was shocked that the most blatant "head-to-head" hit was not called. He is indeed a Patriots killer. Took out Brady in 2008, Welker the year after, Gronk last year and seriously injured Ridley on the worst of the helmet hits I have seen in a while. Ridley folded up like a lawn chair. Killed momentum we had but thats not his fault... I know refs will miss calls too but one of the dirtiest players in the game should not be calling out a QB for a slide,

I also remember hearing a few yrs ago about him bragging and talking trash about injurying Brady and Welker. He's a POS. Fits in w/ Ray Lewis. And I swear Pollard tried to stomp on Vereen's hand at one point in the game.

I also find it hilarious that apparently according to Raven fans Pollard is clean player and he just has a few incidental headshots. I dont want Randy Moss to get a ring but I definitely don't want Baltimore winning.

Thats messed up. After all he has done for the patriots you wouldnt want him to get a ring Shocked

He cried and whined his way out of town here. He's been a diva his whole career. He did it Minnesota oakland and NE. He wasn't as bad as TO. Then add having to listen to NBT w/o a ring he'd probably get even more ridiculous. He still wants us to trade a high pick for Streeter...And basically go w/ Millen draft. WR every first round

It's not like Moss was a long-time Patriot who just never quite won a Super Bowl with the team (think Ray Bourque as a local example). He was here for 3 years and whined his way out of town.

How is he any different than the thousands of other non-Patriots players out there?
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moss is one of the most exciting players in NFL history & he did a lot for the Patriots (obviously). If one wants to say that he whined his way out of town, go right ahead. But don't use that as a way to diminish what Moss did on the field, both on the Pats and elsewhere.

& every Patriots should love the way Moss acted in Oakland. Randy never gets traded for a mere 4th round pick if he acts like a model citizen. Strangely enough, I was reading earlier today how members of the 49ers 110% trust Moss to be open and real with them. They are well aware that Moss will vocalize his feelings if he is displeased. Understand that they know that Moss isn't BSing them when he gives them pep talks. Moss is credible. Tebow and his ultra optimism make it difficult for folks to take him seriously, even when he is right. Combine Moss's brutally honest attitude & amazing accomplishments, and you have one of the most respected players on and off the field in NFL history.

"Being the team guy" and "being ownerships guy" can be and often are two very different things. The truth is that Moss saying what every vikings played wanted to say when he told Wilf that Childress wasn't fit to be an NFL coach. Moss was speaking for every Raider player when he said Turner and co. weren't good enough to be coaching & their attitude is reflected on downwards. Randy was so good that he could get away with saying, while other guys had to keep quiet in order to keep jobs.

This is like the classic "who are better fans?" argument. Fans A show up and support their team no matter, even if they go 0-16. Fans B boycott games when the team is poor, demanding management give them an improved product if they hope to earn their money. Fans B are better for the team.

While you want your star players to listen to coaches, I don't want them to be anybodys tools. If a player is inferior, coaches can replace them. If a coach is inferior, players should let him know it. It does nobody ANY FAVORS if the players blindly go with a flawed strategy. That is why, when Moss says Belichick is the greatest coach in history....people listen. Wink

Randy is more than deserving of a super bowl ring.
"A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear"
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Moss is one of the most exciting players in NFL history & he did a lot for the Patriots (obviously). If one wants to say that he whined his way out of town, go right ahead. But don't use that as a way to diminish what Moss did on the field, both on the Pats and elsewhere.

& every Patriots should love the way Moss acted in Oakland. Randy never gets traded for a mere 4th round pick if he acts like a model citizen. Strangely enough, I was reading earlier today how members of the 49ers 110% trust Moss to be open and real with them. They are well aware that Moss will vocalize his feelings if he is displeased. Understand that they know that Moss isn't BSing them when he gives them pep talks. Moss is credible. Tebow and his ultra optimism make it difficult for folks to take him seriously, even when he is right. Combine Moss's brutally honest attitude & amazing accomplishments, and you have one of the most respected players on and off the field in NFL history.

"Being the team guy" and "being ownerships guy" can be and often are two very different things. The truth is that Moss saying what every vikings played wanted to say when he told Wilf that Childress wasn't fit to be an NFL coach. Moss was speaking for every Raider player when he said Turner and co. weren't good enough to be coaching & their attitude is reflected on downwards. Randy was so good that he could get away with saying, while other guys had to keep quiet in order to keep jobs.

This is like the classic "who are better fans?" argument. Fans A show up and support their team no matter, even if they go 0-16. Fans B boycott games when the team is poor, demanding management give them an improved product if they hope to earn their money. Fans B are better for the team.

While you want your star players to listen to coaches, I don't want them to be anybodys tools. If a player is inferior, coaches can replace them. If a coach is inferior, players should let him know it. It does nobody ANY FAVORS if the players blindly go with a flawed strategy. That is why, when Moss says Belichick is the greatest coach in history....people listen. Wink

I don't think anyone diminishes what Moss did on the field in 2007. His 2008 and 2009 years were awesome too but historically memorable for the average fan.

He was a great player for the Pats and really fun/exciting to watch.

That said, I don't care one iota if he succeeds elsewhere. I root for the laundry and once a guy leaves the team, I just don't care if he wins.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fine. Being a fan of Moss...I really want him to win. Mr. Green
"A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear"
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finn54 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
You guys smell that??? Smells like troll...gross.

That post has been removed.

What fanbase was it from?

Don't lie to me Finn! Laughing
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm rooting for commercials in 2 wks. I was planning a SB party no matter eho was in it but I refuse to even turn on my television during this stupid game. Harbaighs and Tay Lewis and Beyonce have ruined the biggest game of year for me. I will not listen or watch the two brothers have a field day with the media. I hate that one of these teams to win anything. So awful.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
finn54 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:

What fanbase was it from?

Don't lie to me Finn! Laughing

Think a team that rocks mostly purple bro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am rooting for the 49ers.

4 reasons.
a) I loved Teddy Ginn in college.
b) Donte Whitner, revived his lackluster career at San Fran
c) Drunk Alex Boone went from a talented LT idiot to a damn good Guard (49ers fans claim he is better than their 1st round LG).
d) Moss.

3 Buckeyes and Randy.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:

4 reasons.
c) Drunk Alex Boone went from a talented LT idiot to a damn good Guard (49ers fans claim he is better than their 1st round LG).
d) Moss.

3 Buckeyes and Randy.

San Fran were the best team in the league this season. They are playing as well top to bottom across phases as you can expect a salary-cap bound team to play. They deserve the title "NFL champions" more than any other team this year, and far more than the Ravens. I just hope they don't read their own press clippings and take Baltimore too lightly and come out completely flat.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
finn54

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
finn54 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:

Thank you Finn and I apologize for reacting the way I did. I will ignore it next time and just bite my tongue...or fingers...you know what I mean. I will not find it as an opportunity to react.

Don't worry, just ignore them in future.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:

4 reasons.
d) Moss.

3 Buckeyes and Randy.

San Fran were the best team in the league this season. They are playing as well top to bottom across phases as you can expect a salary-cap bound team to play. They deserve the title "NFL champions" more than any other team this year, and far more than the Ravens. I just hope they don't read their own press clippings and take Baltimore too lightly and come out completely flat.

Colin Kaepernick is also one of the most entertaining players in the league too. A pleasure to watch. I wasn't looking forward to dealing with him had we made the SB anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kudos to the New England Patriots on another good season.
However, I felt the Ravens and Ray Lewis were destined to get revenge on a game they should of won last year. Ravens were the better team on Sunday.
Naq

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As sacrilegious as this sounds I'm rooting for the Ravens. Growing up and watching football and playing linebacker in high school, I loved watching Ray Lewis and that Baltimore defense. There was just something that, despite being a Pats fan, just attracted me towards Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed, Haloti Ngata, esc. I just want to see those group of players get a ring.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naq wrote:
As sacrilegious as this sounds I'm rooting for the Ravens. Growing up and watching football and playing linebacker in high school, I loved watching Ray Lewis and that Baltimore defense. There was just something that, despite being a Pats fan, just attracted me towards Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed, Haloti Ngata, esc. I just want to see those group of players get a ring.

I hope Suggs never ever ever gets a ring....he is the epitome of a classless dumb a-hole.

Ray Lewis I can live with...I can't stand him, he plays himself up so bad, but he is still one of the greatest players ever....Suggs, while a very good player, is just too much of an a hole for me.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 64 of 65

Jump to: