Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 AFCCG, where the Pats end Ray Lewis' career...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
This offseason has to be about the Welker decision and (once again) improving that DL.

What decision? He's Terrell Owens-level unreliable at this point. For all his positives, he just can't be counted on to make important catches because of how suspect his hands are. Let him walk, spend the cap space on defense.

For you and me, it's an easy decision.

I don't think it's going to be that easy for Belichick. Especially with how fussy Brady is with his WR's.

To be honest, I think Belichick would come to the same "easy decision" conclusion as you and I if it weren't for the lack of other realistic options and I expect Brady to have some sway.

I think they franchise tag him and force him to come back on the tag or a short deal. If they give him a multi-year contract, I'll be furious.

Brady can be as fussy as he likes; I don't care if he doesn't like it, and I don't care if the offense takes a hit, if it means bolstering the defense significantly. That will go further towards making this team succeed in the postseason, versus maintaining a powerful but unreliable offense. Do they really need to score 35 points a game? I'll take the downgrade to Edelman if they can drop their points against by 3+ points a game, and come up with key stops against quality opponents.

Should probably take it to the off-season thread but I'm curious as to where the defensive upgrade comes from realistically. I know people fawn over Melton but that seems like a pipe dream. Other than that, I don't see much out there that seems like an obvious allocation of Welker's money.

Not that you have to spend all of it on one player, but there are some upgrades out there potentially. A guy like Kruger could be on the market, and he'd be a solid addition to their rush unit. Cliff Avril might be allowed to walk, Randy Starks could be out there, there's even a chance William Moore could be available given the Falcons' cap situation.
khodder

Moderator - MVP

SFPatsFan wrote:
Where are the trolls?

They scurred. But seriously if they do show up, don't feed them just send a Global Mod or if you cannot find one of those guys Webby a link to the offending post and let them deal with it.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
24isthelaw

mddeckie wrote:
The salt is strong with this one.. Whatever you say dude I hope San Fran puts up a Billboard like Boston did. Have a great rest of the night. I know I will

Go for it dude. Stay safe though, if you're in Baltimore.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Richter

mddeckie wrote:
Richter wrote:
mddeckie wrote:
Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:
Also, the Ravens going to the Super Bowl is making the NFL jump the shark so hard, it'll be saying "ayyy!" for months.

Why? They've played very well this post-season.

Because the league is so watered down now, every year some garbage team gets hot around playoff time and gets to the Superbowl, killing the actual interesting matchups. Take the Pats out of the equation, does anyone really want to see the Harbaugh bowl? The rules changes, the epidemic of free agency and the small sample size of the post-season all add up to a big bunch of blah. I long for the days of powerhouse teams crushing upstarts in the postseason.

^^ is this guy serious?? Mad the underdog won? It's football Bro most people cheer for underdogs

Most people are stupid, what's your point? I'd rather watch actual greatness, not watered down garbage like your team. Have fun watching them lose in the Super Bowl, I can tell you from personal experience that it isn't so bad.

The salt is strong with this one.. Whatever you say dude I hope San Fran puts up a Billboard like Boston did. Have a great rest of the night. I know I will

For the next two weeks, anyway.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the plus side, this was the first season-ending game where the OL actually came to play.

Brady still managed to under-perform though.
samgurl775

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
On the plus side, this was the first season-ending game where the OL actually came to play.

Yeah, I thought Wendell in particular did a really good job.

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:

Wendell was a bright spot, I suppose. Looks like we have a center of the future.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Naq

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bitter about the loss for some reason, I had a bad feeling about the way the game was going as it was being played out in the 3rd. Baltimore beat us fair and square, they showed up and we didn't. But if there's anything that I want addressed after this game, its the wideouts. Welker can leave, I don't care if he comes back. We need a big wideout this offseason. This crap of getting by with what we have is just so sicking.

Go Ravens!
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
SFPatsFan wrote:
Where are the trolls?
Probably in NFL General, which I will avoid for the next 7 months.

Ya, the GDT is running rampant with the haters/trolls.

It's hilarious how quickly the masses of Pats hater come out of their caves after a Patriots defeat.

Where were all these people last week?

Richter wrote:

That can all be true, and do you still think the casual fan wants to see Baltimore? I mean, do you enjoy watching the style they play? I find it hard to believe anyone but their fans could enjoy such aesthetically displeasing football. The only thing worse than this would have been if Atlanta had stolen that game at the end. Then we would have had two garbage teams competing for a trophy neither deserves. I'm pulling real, real hard for San Francisco, they'll be a deserving champion.

Why wouldn't people want to see the Ravens? An excellent game vs the Broncos and beat the Patriots with relative easy in the second half, they have been great to watch in the play-offs.
kmvoss

Richter wrote:
mddeckie wrote:
Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:
Also, the Ravens going to the Super Bowl is making the NFL jump the shark so hard, it'll be saying "ayyy!" for months.

Because the league is so watered down now, every year some garbage team gets hot around playoff time and gets to the Superbowl, killing the actual interesting matchups. Take the Pats out of the equation, does anyone really want to see the Harbaugh bowl? The rules changes, the epidemic of free agency and the small sample size of the post-season all add up to a big bunch of blah. I long for the days of powerhouse teams crushing upstarts in the postseason.

^^ is this guy serious?? Mad the underdog won? It's football Bro most people cheer for underdogs

Most people are stupid, what's your point? I'd rather watch actual greatness, not watered down garbage like your team. Have fun watching them lose in the Super Bowl, I can tell you from personal experience that it isn't so bad.

You mad!

Anyways, to the rest of you guys... good game. I know how frustrated you are and I couldn't believe it wasn't closer to a blowout for the Pats @ halftime. A tale of two halves. You guys will be favourites heading into next season, depending on your draft.

One last thing, I feel your pain about Pollard. I have no idea what it is about him. He has it in for the Patriots.
Sciz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say, I'm glad the refs weren't a factor in this game. I'm more disappointed than anything now, where I was full out angry after the last Ravens game.
Richter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Richter wrote:

That can all be true, and do you still think the casual fan wants to see Baltimore? I mean, do you enjoy watching the style they play? I find it hard to believe anyone but their fans could enjoy such aesthetically displeasing football. The only thing worse than this would have been if Atlanta had stolen that game at the end. Then we would have had two garbage teams competing for a trophy neither deserves. I'm pulling real, real hard for San Francisco, they'll be a deserving champion.

Why wouldn't people want to see the Ravens? An excellent game vs the Broncos and beat the Patriots with relative easy in the second half, they have been great to watch in the play-offs.

The style of football they play is putrid. Aside from the truly miserable teams in the league, there's no team I'd rather watch less than the Ravens, and that's taking my personal distaste for them out of it.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
I will say, I'm glad the refs weren't a factor in this game. I'm more disappointed than anything now, where I was full out angry after the last Ravens game.

Uh, the Ridley fumble? Missing the helmet to helmet? That was pretty big I think.

Deadpulse on the sig
Richter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmvoss wrote:
Richter wrote:
mddeckie wrote:
Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:

You mad!

Anyways, to the rest of you guys... good game. I know how frustrated you are and I couldn't believe it wasn't closer to a blowout for the Pats @ halftime. A tale of two halves. You guys will be favourites heading into next season, depending on your draft.

One last thing, I feel your pain about Pollard. I have no idea what it is about him. He has it in for the Patriots.

Try disgusted. Of course, I wouldn't expect someone who relies on memes to communicate to understand it.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 57 of 65

Jump to: