Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 AFCCG, where the Pats end Ray Lewis' career...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donut

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
Just saw on ESPN that Pollard shared his thoughts on Brady's slide saying he shoulda been fined or should be with his raising of the leg. Guy should talk. He concussed Ridley with that illegal hit that "caused" the fumble. With that call so rampant last night I was shocked that the most blatant "head-to-head" hit was not called. He is indeed a Patriots killer. Took out Brady in 2008, Welker the year after, Gronk last year and seriously injured Ridley on the worst of the helmet hits I have seen in a while. Ridley folded up like a lawn chair. Killed momentum we had but thats not his fault... I know refs will miss calls too but one of the dirtiest players in the game should not be calling out a QB for a slide,

I also remember hearing a few yrs ago about him bragging and talking trash about injurying Brady and Welker. He's a POS. Fits in w/ Ray Lewis. And I swear Pollard tried to stomp on Vereen's hand at one point in the game.

I also find it hilarious that apparently according to Raven fans Pollard is clean player and he just has a few incidental headshots. I dont want Randy Moss to get a ring but I definitely don't want Baltimore winning.
mozwanted

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
Just saw on ESPN that Pollard shared his thoughts on Brady's slide saying he shoulda been fined or should be with his raising of the leg. Guy should talk. He concussed Ridley with that illegal hit that "caused" the fumble. With that call so rampant last night I was shocked that the most blatant "head-to-head" hit was not called. He is indeed a Patriots killer. Took out Brady in 2008, Welker the year after, Gronk last year and seriously injured Ridley on the worst of the helmet hits I have seen in a while. Ridley folded up like a lawn chair. Killed momentum we had but thats not his fault... I know refs will miss calls too but one of the dirtiest players in the game should not be calling out a QB for a slide,

I also remember hearing a few yrs ago about him bragging and talking trash about injurying Brady and Welker. He's a POS. Fits in w/ Ray Lewis. And I swear Pollard tried to stomp on Vereen's hand at one point in the game.

I also find it hilarious that apparently according to Raven fans Pollard is clean player and he just has a few incidental headshots. I dont want Randy Moss to get a ring but I definitely don't want Baltimore winning.

Thats messed up. After all he has done for the patriots you wouldnt want him to get a ring Shocked
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what rule Brady violated.

No rule, he lifted his leg and Pollard cried.

And how can you not nail a WR in the head but a RB can get bashed in the noggin and its okay...after that hit to Ridley you better believe owners/NFLPA re visit that "non rule".

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
2.5 Sax, 17 tackles, 1 TD
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
Sciz wrote:

And how can you not nail a WR in the head but a RB can get bashed in the noggin and its okay...after that hit to Ridley you better believe owners/NFLPA re visit that "non rule".

You can nail a WR in the head if he's running with the ball.

Helmet to helmet penalties only apply to "defenseless" players. A runner who has established possession of the ball is not deemed "defenseless" by the rules. I don't think that's going to change.
VTPatsFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
Sciz wrote:

Helmet to helmet penalties only apply to "defenseless" players. A runner who has established possession of the ball is not deemed "defenseless" by the rules. I don't think that's going to change.

Which is still dumb, because, as we saw last night, helmet-to-helmet on "protected" players will lead to Ridley getting knocked the F out.

For all the league does to try to make the game safe, leaving out helmet to helmet hits on runners is incredibly dumb.

Not saying the hit on Ridley was 100%, or really any percent, on Pollard (if I remember it correctly, Ridley puts his head down and Pollard's head happened to be in the way instead of him coming down for the hit), but it's something that should be looked at closely, considering runningbacks take a lot of damage to their bodies.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VTPatsFan wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
Sciz wrote:

Which is still dumb, because, as we saw last night, helmet-to-helmet on "protected" players will lead to Ridley getting knocked the F out.

For all the league does to try to make the game safe, leaving out helmet to helmet hits on runners is incredibly dumb.

Not saying the hit on Ridley was 100%, or really any percent, on Pollard (if I remember it correctly, Ridley puts his head down and Pollard's head happened to be in the way instead of him coming down for the hit), but it's something that should be looked at closely, considering runningbacks take a lot of damage to their bodies.

The problem is, there are a ton of those types of hits (RB's getting hit H2H) because there is a tendency for ball carriers to put their head down.

I don't see any way the league could penalize that without seeing a ridiculous amount of flags.

Is it a bit hypocritical of the league? Maybe, and I can definitely see that argument. But I don't think we're going to see a rules change.
VTPatsFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
VTPatsFan wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
Sciz wrote:

The problem is, there are a ton of those types of hits (RB's getting hit H2H) because there is a tendency for ball carriers to put their head down.

I don't see any way the league could penalize that without seeing a ridiculous amount of flags.

Is it a bit hypocritical of the league? Maybe, and I can definitely see that argument. But I don't think we're going to see a rules change.

I don't disagree that they're not going to change the rules, but I do think that they should at least look into ways of protecting defenders and runningbacks, not just QBs and receivers. The game's so "SCORE AS MANY POINTS AS POSSIBLE" that probably the most fun position to watch (RB IMO) and an entire squad (the defense) get pushed to the wayside when it comes to safety because "Well, they should know how to protect themselves."

Maybe start something at the younger stages on teaching RBs and defenders not to lead with their heads, like developmental stuff. I don't know how, but somewhere between high school, college, and the pros, people seem to forget that their shoulders are going to be better suited for tackling/breaking tackles than the top of their skulls.

Last edited by VTPatsFan on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys smell that??? Smells like troll...gross.

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
VTPatsFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:

Comes with the territory.

We a. have the most successful team of this millenium so far, b. an awfully arrogant fan base (not you, or any one person on this board in particular, level-headedness seems to do well here...for the most part), and c. people like the idiot making the billboard in Mass.

Seriously, Boston/New York fans have a tendency to act in ways that make others hate them. I'm done with that. Ever since SB XLII, I've eaten crow so many times that I've given up trying to deal with people who don't like my team, so I just go "It was a good game," because usually, the games that the Pats lose are quite good games. Either that or we're blindsided by a poor team that just has our number the entire day.
samgurl775

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VTPatsFan wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
Comes with the territory.

We a. have the most successful team of this millenium so far, b. an awfully arrogant fan base (not you, or any one person on this board in particular, level-headedness seems to do well here...for the most part), and c. people like the idiot making the billboard in Mass.

Seriously, Boston/New York fans have a tendency to act in ways that make others hate them. I'm done with that. Ever since SB XLII, I've eaten crow so many times that I've given up trying to deal with people who don't like my team, so I just go "It was a good game," because usually, the games that the Pats lose are quite good games. Either that or we're blindsided by a poor team that just has our number the entire day.
Exactly. This is why I never talk trash either - I don't want to look like an idiot if we lose. And then if we win I can just sit back, quote all the people that were foolish enough to guarantee victory, and be like

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect fans who have teams that rarely/barely get to the "big one" to be excited about making it there but to come to the Pats forum with only that post in mind is just mind boggling. Why waste your time posting in here. Stay in the BAL thread and throw all kinds of parties and insults and such around. Silly imo

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
finn54

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:

That post has been removed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finn54 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:

That post has been removed.

Thank you Finn and I apologize for reacting the way I did. I will ignore it next time and just bite my tongue...or fingers...you know what I mean. I will not find it as an opportunity to react.

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
RBrown86

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
I hope you guys realize that you are one of the few teams in the NFL that consistently has "good problems". Failing to win or get to a SB is a good problem, consistently picking in the top 10 is a bad problem.

So don't feel too bad. You're the spoiled kids who picked a Caddy over a Benz and feel terrible about not getting a Benz, while most others are saving up enough money to buy a used Honda. Very Happy

I can only wish I had the same problems.

Yeah, imagine being an Eagles fan, we've lost four times in championship games (should have won three of them) Laughing

Good year Pats fans

^Thanks to McNabbNo5 for the sig, Phire for the avy
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RBrown86 wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
I hope you guys realize that you are one of the few teams in the NFL that consistently has "good problems". Failing to win or get to a SB is a good problem, consistently picking in the top 10 is a bad problem.

So don't feel too bad. You're the spoiled kids who picked a Caddy over a Benz and feel terrible about not getting a Benz, while most others are saving up enough money to buy a used Honda. Very Happy

I can only wish I had the same problems.

Yeah, imagine being an Eagles fan, we've lost four times in championship games (should have won three of them) Laughing

Good year Pats fans

Very classy guys

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 63 of 65

Jump to: