Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 AFCCG, where the Pats end Ray Lewis' career...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow did you see what Suggs said? I love watching people like him fail.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
samgurl775

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Third Rider wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
The Third Rider wrote:
Extending Talib should be the #1 priority. We need draft a least another big physical CB and a SS. Chung can go to hell along with Arrington, they have been a complete liability all season long. Unfortunately we also need another WR since Welker is unreliable, Branch is old and Lloyd is streaky. A UT and DE would be nice too but I know damn well we can only get 1 may be 2 good players for all those holes.

Were my eyes fooling me or did your post originally say:

Extending Taliban should the #1 priority. Laughing

It did, iPhone auto correct fail. Laughing
You should have left it Laughing One of the funniest auto corrects I've seen.

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
redsoxsrule1437

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone see Suggs after the game?

I hate that guy more than anyone in sports.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Third Rider wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
The Third Rider wrote:
Extending Talib should be the #1 priority. We need draft a least another big physical CB and a SS. Chung can go to hell along with Arrington, they have been a complete liability all season long. Unfortunately we also need another WR since Welker is unreliable, Branch is old and Lloyd is streaky. A UT and DE would be nice too but I know damn well we can only get 1 may be 2 good players for all those holes.

Were my eyes fooling me or did your post originally say:

Extending Taliban should the #1 priority. Laughing

It did, iPhone auto correct fail. Laughing

I just thought it was a nickname you gave him, which I thought was brilliant.

Aqib "Taliban" Talib.....he terrorizes the opponents receivers Laughing

Sig credit: Deadpulse
samgurl775

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsrule1437 wrote:

For those of us that are avoiding all things football related, what did he say?

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsrule1437 wrote:

Reminds me of Bart Scott. Typical loudmouths who retire with no hardware and an empty bank account.

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry guys, you know i love all of you.

tough loss to process when you get that close.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
sorry guys, you know i love all of you.

tough loss to process when you get that close.

Thanks dude, appreciate the love.

The Third Rider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
The Third Rider wrote:

Arrington isn't a liability as a slot CB and I think you'll realize that next year if they let him walk. Most slot CB's in the NFL are shaky and get exposed playing outside. In his niche, he's a perfectly acceptable #3 CB.

Problem really is that they have nobody who can play outside if Talib/Dennard get shaken up. Doubt Dowling is that guy and I'm sick of them using high draft picks to find that guy. So I'm not sure how they address it.

Upgrading from Cole to a guy who can play outside could help. As could bolstering the safety position enough where you could kick McCourty back to CB if Dennard/Talib go down.

I understand your logic about the slot cb but let's be honest, in today's nfl the slot cb is basically a starter. I saw Arrington get burned on almost every single game this season and that is just unacceptable. While we don't need to get Sherman or Revis, we need to at least draft someone who may have upside because Arrington brings nothing to the table.

*Actual time may vary.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just dandy. There's people outside my window down here, screaming and yelling still, all coked up and stuff. So much for going somewhere. I hate living in this city.

redsoxsrule1437

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
redsoxsrule1437 wrote:

For those of us that are avoiding all things football related, what did he say?

He said something about the Patriots being arrogant [inappropriate/removed], starting with Belichick. Said have fun at the pro bowl.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/01/terrell-suggs-calls-patriots-arrogant-pricks-fckers-wishes-them-well-in-pro-bowl/

Hope Randy Moss gets his ring next week.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
Just dandy. There's people outside my window down here, screaming and yelling still, all coked up and stuff. So much for going somewhere. I hate living in this city.

Add either gunshots, fireworks, or a combination to that mix. Laughing

mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Third Rider wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
The Third Rider wrote:

Arrington isn't a liability as a slot CB and I think you'll realize that next year if they let him walk. Most slot CB's in the NFL are shaky and get exposed playing outside. In his niche, he's a perfectly acceptable #3 CB.

Problem really is that they have nobody who can play outside if Talib/Dennard get shaken up. Doubt Dowling is that guy and I'm sick of them using high draft picks to find that guy. So I'm not sure how they address it.

Upgrading from Cole to a guy who can play outside could help. As could bolstering the safety position enough where you could kick McCourty back to CB if Dennard/Talib go down.

I understand your logic about the slot cb but let's be honest, in today's nfl the slot cb is basically a starter. I saw Arrington get burned on almost every single game this season and that is just unacceptable. While we don't need to get Sherman or Revis, we need to at least draft someone who may have upside because Arrington brings nothing to the table.

Arrington played great as a slot CB after Talib was brought in. In that role (and that role only), I'd say he's in the top half of the league.

If you're going with a veteran replacement, you're probably not going to do better. If you want the Pats to try the high draft pick route again, OK. But I think that's a waste of a pick.

Who are these #3 CB's (other than 1st or 2nd rounders buried behind entrenched starters) who are so much better than Arrington? I'm sure there are a few, but looking around the league and off the top of my head - I can't think of more than a couple..

Arrington isn't a problem, and he's a nice piece to have, if he is playing inside. Even outside, he is capable of playing well (he did very well against Stevie Johnson for example).

Every year people bash the team's #3 CB's. Well, that's the way the league is. Offenses are too good and there just aren't 96 good CB's (3 per team) out there. Furthermore, it's tough to find a #3 CB who is a quality veteran (they want to be a starter and many don't want to sign places as free agents if they have no shot to start). We've seen the high draft pick route fail continuously.

So, what to do? I'm OK with Arrington going but I think it's silly to proclaim him as a terrible player, a total liability or easy to upgrade.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:

Went there when I was still in college on sea term training....in my opinion a horrid city. Had one mall with like 5 stores on three different levels, all of which sucked IIRC. Made the bad choice to go for a walk on my time off of the boat, not a good idea, most uncomfortable walk I've ever been on. Pretty sure I witnesses three murders Laughing

Sig credit: Deadpulse

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 59 of 65

Jump to: