Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFCCG GDT: San Francisco 49ers @ Mylanta Falcons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who represents the NFC in the SB?
San Francisco 49ers
80%
 80%  [ 32 ]
Atlanta Falcons
20%
 20%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 40

steadypimpin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate when they show the past matchups of us against the Falcons. I'm sorry but the last loss was in 2010 and this team is totally different from then.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
I hate when they show the past matchups of us against the Falcons. I'm sorry but the last loss was in 2010 and this team is totally different from then.

Yep. we are a different team because we ACTUALLY have a coaching staff now.

but I will say, I can't remember the last time we beat them nor beat them in ATL? maybe 2000?

edit: last time we beat them was in ATL back in 2001. in OT 37-31.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

but I will say, I can't remember the last time we beat them nor beat them in ATL? maybe 2000?

So we're due?

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 21st All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #20, Warrick Dunn: 317
*Yards needed to enter Top 15: 1045
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

So we're due?
yes we are. Very Happy

"Keep choppin' wood"
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

So we're due?

Yes Sir we are due.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to this game. Matty Ice is overrated and I know that Brady and company can't handle you guys in the Super Bowl. Win this and go on to NOLA and embarrass Brady! Cool
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami
No. In fact privately some in the building say they know Atlanta's a much stronger team than Green Bay. RT @rkg115 sensing over-confidence?
Retweeted by Niners Nation

Good to hear, and I am afraid of the Falcons much more than others around here. They are resilient and that's one of the best compliments you can give to a team.

Ryan loves taking deep shots to White and Jones, and I believe he will try to test Culliver. Lately, Cully hasn't been as good, but I think he will be just fine for this game. He had great coverage against James Jones but couldn't make the play. It was actually similar to the Floyd TD late in the Cardinals game. If we can make them one dimensional, it will allow us to put both our safeties deep in a cover 2 man.

Willis/Bowman vs Tony G is another fascinating match up. Our ILBs are as good as it gets when it comes to covering opposing TEs, but this will be a tough test for both of them.

Is anyone else scared of Rodgers? I don't want to see this guy break one on us, whether it be a big run, or big completion.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
No. In fact privately some in the building say they know Atlanta's a much stronger team than Green Bay. RT @rkg115 sensing over-confidence?

Good to hear, and I am afraid of the Falcons much more than others around here. They are resilient and that's one of the best compliments you can give to a team.

Ryan loves taking deep shots to White and Jones, and I believe he will try to test Culliver. Lately, Cully hasn't been as good, but I think he will be just fine for this game. He had great coverage against James Jones but couldn't make the play. It was actually similar to the Floyd TD late in the Cardinals game. If we can make them one dimensional, it will allow us to put both our safeties deep in a cover 2 man.

Willis/Bowman vs Tony G is another fascinating match up. Our ILBs are as good as it gets when it comes to covering opposing TEs, but this will be a tough test for both of them.

Is anyone else scared of Rodgers? I don't want to see this guy break one on us, whether it be a big run, or big completion.

It seems like we struggle against the more physical backs, and do well against quicker, shifter guys. Which is almost the opposite of a few years ago. I'm more worried about Turner powering through the hole on a consistent basis TBH. He looked really good against SEA, although their run D isn't as good as ours and has fallen off big time.

I'm also glad to read that tweet. We need to be focused. Maiocco said on a radio interview that guys at the facility felt good because they were having a great week of practice, if we have another week like that we should be ready to roll.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, hearing all the press conferences last week they just had that look of determination and were very confident. When Harbaugh made that statement basically saying Kaepernick finally gets "it," I felt good about the game. Now, we didn't exactly start the best way, but fought from behind twice. It may not seem like much as it was early on, but as we know this team doesn't always respond well from deficits.

The way we lost last season still has to sting. No way these guys would be over confident knowing this is a game in a tough environment and they are once again one game away from the Super Bowl. However, we better not let the Falcons jump on us like they did against Seattle. Aldon Smith and the crew will have to get pressure early on to rattle Ryan. I'm not too worried about Turner though. Rodgers is the one that scares me as he is very shifty and if we don't get him down on first contact, he will break one for 20+ yards.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:

It seems like we struggle against the more physical backs, and do well against quicker, shifter guys. Which is almost the opposite of a few years ago. I'm more worried about Turner powering through the hole on a consistent basis TBH. He looked really good against SEA, although their run D isn't as good as ours and has fallen off big time.

I'm also glad to read that tweet. We need to be focused. Maiocco said on a radio interview that guys at the facility felt good because they were having a great week of practice, if we have another week like that we should be ready to roll.

not to mention losing chris clemons didn't help their run defense either...
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I wanna see this Sunday. Cool
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:

Thats what I wanna see this Sunday. Cool
Me too. Cool NBT, I'm actually a big Moss fan myself. I have a 12" tall McFarlane figure of him from the Vikings still in the box. I'm waiting for that baby to make me some money one day.

"Keep choppin' wood"
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to wait, NBT will personally buy it from you RIGHT NOW for approximately six figures Laughing .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't it atlanta we played when Garrison hearst shredded his ankle.

Yeah that was the year they beat the Vikes to go to the SB don't we have some playoff revenge coming our way.
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXFlyteXx wrote:
Wasn't it atlanta we played when Garrison hearst shredded his ankle.

Yeah that was the year they beat the Vikes to go to the SB don't we have some playoff revenge coming our way.

That game still hurts. Hearst was having a great season.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 6 of 74

Jump to: