Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFCCG GDT: San Francisco 49ers @ Mylanta Falcons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who represents the NFC in the SB?
San Francisco 49ers
80%
 80%  [ 32 ]
Atlanta Falcons
20%
 20%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 40

Author Message
Ataal


Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 2578
Location: Avondale, Arizona
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaepernick seems to do very well when under pressure. His first start ever, against the Bears on Monday Night Football, he balled. His first playoff game ever, he broke records. I'm hoping his first road playoff game ever will produce the same results. And, of course his first SuperBowl. Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NinerNation21


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 1718
Location: South Central PA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like the read option wont be as effective this week. The falcons did a great job at staying disciplined and keeping Wilson from taking the ball and running. They face Cam Newton twice a year so they understand the read option and how to stop it. One advantage for the niners tho is that they haven't seen the pistol yet.

Another advantage is that the falcons will have to commit a player entirely to spying Kaep which will pull one guy out of coverage almost every single play. I imagine it will be their fastest LB, Weatherspoon maybe? Im not really sure. Speed over strength will be key to spying Kaep. Kaep is both strong and fast but he seems to prefer to either running away from you or running around you. If he cant do that he will go to the ground to protect himself. He rarely uses his strength to gain extra yards which im totally ok with. Kudos to him for being smart at going to the ground.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
John232


Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Posts: 10438
Location: A place where everybody is from somewhere else.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


Irrelevant but funny.
_________________

xsaMainevent on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SFaithful97


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 2975
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
It seems like the read option wont be as effective this week. The falcons did a great job at staying disciplined and keeping Wilson from taking the ball and running. They face Cam Newton twice a year so they understand the read option and how to stop it. One advantage for the niners tho is that they haven't seen the pistol yet.

Another advantage is that the falcons will have to commit a player entirely to spying Kaep which will pull one guy out of coverage almost every single play. I imagine it will be their fastest LB, Weatherspoon maybe? Im not really sure. Speed over strength will be key to spying Kaep. Kaep is both strong and fast but he seems to prefer to either running away from you or running around you. If he cant do that he will go to the ground to protect himself. He rarely uses his strength to gain extra yards which im totally ok with. Kudos to him for being smart at going to the ground.
The read option is a wrinkle in our game I don't want us to ignore. It is one of the things Kaep is the most comfortable and the most effective with. That said ATL is very disciplined on D, so we will have to pick our spots well. It may be smart to set up the option with some set runs out of the shotgun, then when/if you see the LB's starting to cheat throw in the occasional kaeper. If we win this game, I believe it will take a big day from Crabs with a lot of yards coming after the catch. I think he will feast on short slants and WR screens in this one. that style of passing game destroys Nolan's defense.
_________________

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26699
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling Atlanta will play a lot of zone disguising their schemes and making Kaepernick make decisions in the pocket. This is the game Vernon Davis needs to be a major factor. I'm hoping the deep ball he caught will get him going and Kaepernick finds him open in the holes of the defense. The secondary of the Falcons have a bunch of play makers so we have to be careful. Going to be a good one and don't like it one bit how everyone is putting us in the Super Bowl already.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ersfan


Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 6456
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny that one of the men standing in the way for this team to reach the superbowl, is essentially the man who brought so many core players to our team (VD, Willis, Staley, Goldson, Gore).



Hello again, Nolan...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 22069
Location: Beat Of My Own Drum
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy abused the Falcons secondary the last time they faced off in the NFC Championship Game, running circles around the defense all game!

Moss cooked the Falcons secondary in overtime, but Cunningham threw a duck which not even Moss could catch. Kaep better do better! Wink
_________________
"A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SupeRG00F


Joined: 12 Aug 2012
Posts: 1335
Location: Vancouver, Wa
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:

Irrelevant but funny.
How'd you get this pic of me..

I can't remember which one of you posted in Seattle's forum who I replied to, he had "49er" in his name somewhere (imagine that Rolling Eyes ). I came here to say my birthday falls on the Superbowl this year and would very much not like to watch your dreadful, ugly, tan, white, and red colored selve's run around the field. Especially that inked fellow who smiles far too often.

Bad luck to you this week. I'm counting on the 3rd game curse. Laughing Wink


What really sucks is I think SF is going to dimolish the Falcons. Especailly with Justin Smith back and helping hold the o-line for Aldon. Razz
_________________


Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22699
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I have a feeling Atlanta will play a lot of zone disguising their schemes and making Kaepernick make decisions in the pocket. This is the game Vernon Davis needs to be a major factor. I'm hoping the deep ball he caught will get him going and Kaepernick finds him open in the holes of the defense. The secondary of the Falcons have a bunch of play makers so we have to be careful. Going to be a good one and don't like it one bit how everyone is putting us in the Super Bowl already.


This is what I'm worried about. They did an excellent job of thoroughly confusing Manning with their schemes and there's nothing saying they can't confuse Kaep either. Let's just hope he's careful with the ball.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22699
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
It seems like the read option wont be as effective this week. The falcons did a great job at staying disciplined and keeping Wilson from taking the ball and running. They face Cam Newton twice a year so they understand the read option and how to stop it. One advantage for the niners tho is that they haven't seen the pistol yet.


Cam ran for 86 and 116 yards against them this year. Also 4 total touchdowns and zero picks.

It seems like we saved the pistol for the playoffs. I know we ran some in the regular system, but never as many as we did last Saturday.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26699
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
This is what I'm worried about. They did an excellent job of thoroughly confusing Manning with their schemes and there's nothing saying they can't confuse Kaep either. Let's just hope he's careful with the ball.


Yep, the Packers played strictly man to man for most of the game while blitzing. Against a mobile QB like Kaepernick, that is the worse thing you can do. If our OL plays dominant and gives Kaepernick a lot of time, it will make his like a bit easier. However, Asante Samuel will be baiting him all game and their safeties are very good as well. Manning eventually figured it out, but he was struggling mightily for the first quarter. These guys also held RG3 in check better than basically any other team until he got hurt in the 3rd quarter.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
neezy007


Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 9087
Location: El Paso
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SupeRG00F"]
John232 wrote:

Irrelevant but funny.
How'd you get this pic of me..

I can't remember which one of you posted in Seattle's forum who I replied to, he had "49er" in his name somewhere (imagine that Rolling Eyes ). I came here to say my birthday falls on the Superbowl this year and would very much not like to watch your dreadful, ugly, tan, white, and red colored selve's run around the field. Especially that inked fellow who smiles far too often.

Bad luck to you this week. I'm counting on the 3rd game curse. Laughing Wink


What really sucks is I think SF is going to dimolish the Falcons. Especailly with Justin Smith back and helping hold the o-line for Aldon. Razz[/quote
You're the only sea chicken fan I kind of like and you're pushing it. Lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22699
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:

Irrelevant but funny.


/r/49ers Wink

This one's awesome too.


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26699
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kevin Lynch ‏@klynch49
Harbaugh said Delanie Walker will work with the jugs machine on catching passes.


Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22699
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Kevin Lynch ‏@klynch49
Harbaugh said Delanie Walker will work with the jugs machine on catching passes.


Laughing Laughing Laughing


Please don't play him a lot Harbs.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 3 of 74

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group