Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What does the Seahawks need to improve for next season?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobob123 wrote:
10 things the Hawks need to improve on in 2013'.

1. Better playcalling on 3rd downs from both sides of the ball.
2. A new RG, (draft or FA). I think LG will be locked down by Carp next year.
3. Draft a WLB, I tired of watching old man Hill out there.
4. Draft a pass-rushing DT, or pick one up in FA.
5. Draft a DE, Clem's career is over. Crying or Very sad
6. WR is a need, Sidney is overpaid, Golden still needs to develop, and what happened to Dougie Fresh?
7. Release TRU he is a weak spot on that defense, so a Nickleback is a need.. (Maybe Thurmond can stay healthy?)
8. TE, we need a TE that can flat out fly, We need speed at that position, IMO.
9. WR (again), just because it's that big of a need on this offense.
10. A back-up FS that we can trust so we can slide Earl down to the nickle spot every now and then.

That's my top 10 things the Hawks need to improve on for the 2013' season.

Baldwin has been banged up all season.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
I don't think wr is near the need some of you think it is

While i think our greatest need is a pass rusher on the D-Line i think we could use a weapon on Offense our WRs didn't look bad but thats because Wilson could extend plays for these guys sometimes they still couldn't get open even with the extra time.
Our offensive line play is so abysmal on the interior OL from Unger. I really can't think of a reason Guard wouldn't be our top offensive need unfortunately.

I agree need to improve the pass rush the guard spots and a Nickel CB later in the draft i am just saying i am not content with our WR position though we need a game changing WR we don't have one.
I agree, but my thought is I don't want to spend a pick on another solid receiver. I'd rather just improve all the other areas and have the luxury of spending a 1st or 2nd on a WR next year.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
sirensong

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

While i think our greatest need is a pass rusher on the D-Line i think we could use a weapon on Offense our WRs didn't look bad but thats because Wilson could extend plays for these guys sometimes they still couldn't get open even with the extra time.
Our offensive line play is so abysmal on the interior OL from Unger. I really can't think of a reason Guard wouldn't be our top offensive need unfortunately.

I agree need to improve the pass rush the guard spots and a Nickel CB later in the draft i am just saying i am not content with our WR position though we need a game changing WR we don't have one.
I agree, but my thought is I don't want to spend a pick on another solid receiver. I'd rather just improve all the other areas and have the luxury of spending a 1st or 2nd on a WR next year.

Completely agree with this.

WR has enough there for us to be successfull. A game breaker would be great but there's enough there that our other areas are much more pressing.

If we hadn't seen what we did out of MIller in the playoffs it would be a slightly greater need in my opinion. But Russell was really starting to develop chemistry with the guys we have. We will improve from within at that position.

RG.RT.UT.SLB are the areas that MUST be addressed.

Im not a big draft guy so I dont know how things will shake down. But if the talent is there Id like to see

1st UT
2nd RG
3rd SLB
4th RT

Then I would look for value later in the draft. WR can be addressed in the future.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Completely agree with this.

WR has enough there for us to be successfull. A game breaker would be great but there's enough there that our other areas are much more pressing.

If we hadn't seen what we did out of MIller in the playoffs it would be a slightly greater need in my opinion. But Russell was really starting to develop chemistry with the guys we have. We will improve from within at that position.

RG.RT.UT.SLB are the areas that MUST be addressed.

Im not a big draft guy so I dont know how things will shake down. But if the talent is there Id like to see

1st UT
2nd RG
3rd SLB
4th RT

Then I would look for value later in the draft. WR can be addressed in the future.
youand I think so much a like

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
silus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will accept the same level of pass rushing if we can shore up the run defense.
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a pass rushing OLB. I miss Julian Peterson.

More importantly, I want a better pass rush Pray

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
bill21792

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random receiver who could potentially be a "redemption" guy for us would be Titus Young. I'd be willing to trade up to a 6th, maybe a 5th for him. He sounds like a headcase, but if he gets his head on straight, it could turn out to be a steal. Better than most players you can get late in the draft.

I'd like to do it but it doesn't really sounds like a Pete and John move. I think Young lacks that chip on his shoulder mentality, it just sounds like he just wants to be handed the starting role in an offense.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bill21792 wrote:
Random receiver who could potentially be a "redemption" guy for us would be Titus Young. I'd be willing to trade up to a 6th, maybe a 5th for him. He sounds like a headcase, but if he gets his head on straight, it could turn out to be a steal. Better than most players you can get late in the draft.

I'd like to do it but it doesn't really sounds like a Pete and John move. I think Young lacks that chip on his shoulder mentality, it just sounds like he just wants to be handed the starting role in an offense.
He seems like a smaller Golden Tate and a way more troublesome Deon Butler. Seattle needs a big receiver.

Young is going to be released though i'm pretty sure. So they wouldn't trade picks for him.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
bill21792

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
bill21792 wrote:

He seems like a smaller Golden Tate and a way more troublesome Deon Butler. Seattle needs a big receiver.

Young is going to be released though i'm pretty sure. So they wouldn't trade picks for him.

If we try to get him via FA, there's no guarantee that we get him. If it's even a 7th round pick, we're assuring ourselves that we're at least infusing the WR core with talent. He may be a headcase, but IF he turns it around, that's a steal.

I'm just one of those people that likes to throw late round picks at players who've dropped because of off the field garbage. We could've had both Blount, and Burficit in the 7th, but we passed on them and they've become good players (for the price of a 7th anyways)

I'd also like to take a flyer on Tyrann Mathieu late in the draft to be a potential nickel CB or bandit safety, assuming he falls big time.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bill21792 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
bill21792 wrote:

If we try to get him via FA, there's no guarantee that we get him. If it's even a 7th round pick, we're assuring ourselves that we're at least infusing the WR core with talent. He may be a headcase, but IF he turns it around, that's a steal.

I'm just one of those people that likes to throw late round picks at players who've dropped because of off the field garbage. We could've had both Blount, and Burficit in the 7th, but we passed on them and they've become good players (for the price of a 7th anyways)

I'd also like to take a flyer on Tyrann Mathieu late in the draft to be a potential nickel CB or bandit safety, assuming he falls big time.
I see what you're saying. But there could just as easily be a steal in the late rounds of the draft for a receiver just like him without the trouble.

I think Winston Guy played very well at the bandit safety position against the falcons. He blitzed well and covered Gonzalez man to man on an all out blitz and was inches away from knocking the pass down on a third down. I'm pretty sure that was his first game of the season. But I do want Mathieu as a nickle.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: