Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What does the Seahawks need to improve for next season?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
chpjns15


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 1700
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, Moffit was playing very well last year until his season ending injury. He has hardly even seen the field this year, and to my best guess it is because he is in Tom Cables doghouse. On RRR he was saying how he doesn't really watch what he eats, and he never lifts weights (Im pretty sure it wasn't sarcasm). Seems to me like he doesn't take it seriously enough, so Cable doesn't want to give him playing time.

But I really don't want to get rid of him, he is easily the most entertaining person on the Real Rob Report! Laughing
_________________
"Trying is the first step towards failure"


"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."


"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MAC DRE


Joined: 09 Mar 2009
Posts: 266
Location: Portland
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interior pass rush for sure. Any sort of pass rush!

Get rid of Bradley. He's not too bad except 3rd down a lot but it could also just be our personnal but I'm really curious to see what a new coord. could do with this roster.

Rounds 1-4 should be d line, slot CB, OLB or WR in no particular order. We could use a first rounder at either of those positions IMO. Russ really needs a big physical guy on the outside to go up and get it. Bowe would be real nice.

Other than that I think we are fine at guard. Sweezy looks promising and Moffitt is young as well. I still haven't given up on Carpenter. Also, golden Tate needs to get a lot more looks next year. He's really improved and is an explosive player after the catch. Very fun to watch.

Til next year....go Hawks
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
C-Hawkin'


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 238
Location: olympia, wa
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to cool the fire between Tats & Imani, I picked a "professional" mock on the DC Mocks site & here's the guard rundown: Chance Warmack #16 to St Louis, Jon Cooper #18, Barret James #26; 2nd rd Dallas Thomas #39, DJ Fluker #49 also to St Louis. That's it. I didn't look @ 3rd round.
FWIW this mock give the Hawks C Patterson in the 1st & Fauria in the 2nd, so I'm not all that sure he knows what the hell he's talking about when it comes to guards either. Shocked
_________________
"We have met the enemy & he is us."- Pogo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 1932
Location: WI
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
If I remember correctly, Moffit was playing very well last year until his season ending injury. He has hardly even seen the field this year, and to my best guess it is because he is in Tom Cables doghouse. On RRR he was saying how he doesn't really watch what he eats, and he never lifts weights (Im pretty sure it wasn't sarcasm). Seems to me like he doesn't take it seriously enough, so Cable doesn't want to give him playing time.

But I really don't want to get rid of him, he is easily the most entertaining person on the Real Rob Report! Laughing


He wasn't playing well before his injury last season, but yeah, he doesn't have the greatest OL body.

Here's a classic picture of him, BTW.

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbo=d&biw=1600&bih=775&tbm=isch&tbnid=0s69c-zcaxXpdM:&imgrefurl=https://twitter.com/Moffitt74&docid=7yLDErHPwGJcnM&imgurl=https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/1796277453/16445_880629474397_8607809_53060730_6522526_n.jpg&w=500&h=374&ei=5qDzULaYF5HK0AG4rYEo&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=553&sig=112378918555533113011&page=1&tbnh=142&tbnw=184&start=0&ndsp=36&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0,i:100&tx=95&ty=4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
silus


Joined: 09 Aug 2007
Posts: 1870
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you could point to one thing that cost us this game, it was run defense run defense run defense. Their passing game wouldn't have been nearly as effective if they didn't run roughshod in the first quarter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Str8Wreckin08


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 419
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SInce getting Aurther Brown might not realisticly happen even though this is the player you want, you guys could still make your defense better by moving Kam to will and drafting Duke Williams Strong safety out of Nevada.

Is he a threat in the run game? No. But he is a great man cover guy, has great range, and had 17 pass deflections. That means he makes alot of plays on the ball.

COuld be a pro bowl player in the right scheme. Woudn't have to reach for him he would fall right to you late in the 2nd.

He'll move ahead of guys in his class because of athletism, which he'll show at the combine.

He's gonna make alot of plays in coverage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheoryofSeahawk


Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 1938
Location: Kosmic Satori
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our first need is pass rush. We desperately need both an interior pass rush and an edge rush. Without Clemons yesterday we got no pressure. Irvin was invisible. I know that the FO likes to develop players instead of going the FA route because it costs less money and normally I absolutely agree, but in this case the team seriously needs to consider going the FA route IF there is a guy who can bring proven pass rush to our roster. We need that more than a guy who will come out of college and need to develop. And Bruce Irvin needs to put in some serious work in the off season to pick his game up. Way too inconsistent. The sack numbers look nice, but he did nothing else for this team. Also need to look at different options with Red Bryant. He wasn't a huge factor this year. He is supposed to be a run-stuffer on the outside, but our run D got progressively worse as the year went on and we were horrible vs Atlanta yesterday.

We need interior O-line help, no surprise there. Hopefully we can find some guys to come in and improve the quality of play. Tom Cable has shown the ability to make these guys a lot better the last couple years now we need to get him better talent to work with. Okung and Unger are set now we need to get better at the other spots.

I feel like we need help at WR but a lot of that would be helped by Golden Tate becoming a more consistent player. He has the talent, he makes plays when he gets the ball in his hands, but he disappears too damn much. We also need a TE. Miller is nice and he showed flashes yesterday but he's damn slow and McCoy needs to improve like Tate.

And depth is always a concern, fortunately we are very close and so BPA is always an option in the draft.
_________________
Consistent application beats complex programming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SFaithful97


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 2975
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From an outside perspective....

QB- Looks to be pretty well set for the future

RB- Lynch is monstrous and Turbin looks good for the most part. After that I am unconvinced Washington is any threat outside of special teams at this point (great there) so the team may want to add a different style of runner to add a wrinkle to the ground attack

WR- To my eyes the WR group is very strong, but without a true #1. There are a lot of good #2 caliber players, but getting Wilson a top target would be nice.

TE- Miller is a very good target and an excellent blocker, and I don't know enough about the skill of the other TE's on the roster to make a statement about them.

OL- Looked pretty good later in the year, but I think that a lot of help is needed to make them a better than average group. Mostly, I think if this team drafted some top OGs (or signed some) it could go a long way towards making this offense one of the best in football.

DL- The run defense is really solid, but there seems to be no penetration whenever I watch this team. Especially with Clemons out yesterday, they seemed to struggle mightily. A pass rushing DT to take Bryant off the field in passing situations would really help collapse the pocket on some opposing QB's. Outside maybe a specialist? I think it is too early to know if Irvin can be an every down guy, but he is effective in a limited role.

LB- Seems to be a solid group. Athletic and smart.

CB- good, maybe a depth player needed

S- one of the top duos in the game. Unsure about the depth at the position.


If I were to prioritize, I am always a fan of strengthening the trenches. If you guys got a OG and a DT with your first picks (that pan out obviously) I think it would help improve the team a lot.... which is scary.
_________________

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Str8Wreckin08


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 419
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
Our first need is pass rush. We desperately need both an interior pass rush and an edge rush. Without Clemons yesterday we got no pressure. Irvin was invisible. I know that the FO likes to develop players instead of going the FA route because it costs less money and normally I absolutely agree, but in this case the team seriously needs to consider going the FA route IF there is a guy who can bring proven pass rush to our roster. We need that more than a guy who will come out of college and need to develop. And Bruce Irvin needs to put in some serious work in the off season to pick his game up. Way too inconsistent. The sack numbers look nice, but he did nothing else for this team. Also need to look at different options with Red Bryant. He wasn't a huge factor this year. He is supposed to be a run-stuffer on the outside, but our run D got progressively worse as the year went on and we were horrible vs Atlanta yesterday.

We need interior O-line help, no surprise there. Hopefully we can find some guys to come in and improve the quality of play. Tom Cable has shown the ability to make these guys a lot better the last couple years now we need to get him better talent to work with. Okung and Unger are set now we need to get better at the other spots.

I feel like we need help at WR but a lot of that would be helped by Golden Tate becoming a more consistent player. He has the talent, he makes plays when he gets the ball in his hands, but he disappears too damn much. We also need a TE. Miller is nice and he showed flashes yesterday but he's damn slow and McCoy needs to improve like Tate.

And depth is always a concern, fortunately we are very close and so BPA is always an option in the draft.


Theres no defensive tackle worthy enough to pick with your first, oryour second round pick this year. Defensive ends come a dime a dozen, you can find a good olineman anywhere. Good defensive backs are hard to find, particirlly a play making nickel. You have to get them early. Outsidelinebacker, and athletic playmaker is hard to find late. Have to spend an early round pick.

I would say the best player you can pick at defensive end with the first pick would be Margus Hunt out of SMU 6-7 guy. Would be an major upgrade. Is an terror on the edge, great lenght and strenght. But will shoot up the draft boards come combine time because of his 4.65.4.7 speed. Probaly won't be there late in first. If your gonna spend an early pick this year on pass rush he'd better be polished and NFL ready. Not a raw guy like Bruce Irvin, (I hated that pick). Hunt would be your guy here.

Wr's come a dime a dozen.

But Jordan Poyer will be there. He's a top 15 football player in this draft. He's the best defensive back in this draft. Can't miss. And he will slide because of knee concerns. Will be a dream come true for some lucky team who just needs a whole to fill somewhere in the secondary (nickel).

Duke Williams is a playmaker at safety if you want to go that route. late second.

Spending an early pick at wr this year would be costly. Have bigger needs. But A guy like Chris Harper will be there in third. Big, Strong, fast. Strong hands.

Resign Jason Jones who is one of the best penatrating defensive tackles in the league. Hopefully Jay Howard who is a really really lazy player but tends to step it up in big games and dominate can blossom into a disruptive player. Has the size, strenght, and the speed to do it.

Defensive tackle is very weak this year, not worth spending an early pick on if your Seattle. But guys like Spencer Nealy, and David King out of OU who are a little undersized, but are very very quik and disruptive will be there late.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hawksman81


Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 2571
Location: I am the Eyas
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@710ESPNSeattle
Carroll on what the #Seahawks' need to improve for 2013: "We need a pass rush, more than anything that's it."


Good thing Pete recognizes that like a lot of the fans, and it looks like he will not ignore it. In the previous offseason’s he has been honest to the media about what were are going to try to add and improve to this team. Hopefully we can come out of FA or trade for a good pass rusher and spend a 1st on one also.
_________________


SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21455
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Str8Wreckin08 wrote:
Theres no defensive tackle worthy enough to pick with your first, oryour second round pick this year. Defensive ends come a dime a dozen, you can find a good olineman anywhere. Good defensive backs are hard to find, particirlly a play making nickel. You have to get them early. Outsidelinebacker, and athletic playmaker is hard to find late. Have to spend an early round pick.
...
Defensive tackle is very weak this year, not worth spending an early pick on if your Seattle. But guys like Spencer Nealy, and David King out of OU who are a little undersized, but are very very quik and disruptive will be there late.
So... You have no idea who Sheldon Richardson is?
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hawksman81


Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 2571
Location: I am the Eyas
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also..

Pete Carroll: "We need another pass rusher. We really do. ...We're going to need a couple of them."
_________________


SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawksman81 wrote:
Also..

Pete Carroll: "We need another pass rusher. We really do. ...We're going to need a couple of them."


LOL it's kind of weird a coach being that brutally honest.

But hey it takes that unorthodox coach to give a rookie QB like Russell Wilson a legit shot to compete for the job to begin with
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hawksman81


Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 2571
Location: I am the Eyas
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
hawksman81 wrote:
Also..

Pete Carroll: "We need another pass rusher. We really do. ...We're going to need a couple of them."


LOL it's kind of weird a coach being that brutally honest.

But hey it takes that unorthodox coach to give a rookie QB like Russell Wilson a legit shot to compete for the job to begin with


Yeah it is. Two years ago, he said we would we would focus on the Oline. What did we do? Draft James Carpenter, John Moffit, and sign who we thought would be good in Robert Gallery.

Last year, he said we would focus on pass rush. What did we do? Surprisingly draft Bruce Irvin in the first round and sign Jason Jones. He’s as honest as you get with a NFL HC. Laughing
_________________


SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
outside_Insider


Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 1218
Location: Calgary, AB
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3N6jdbMPN4
_________________


"We all we got, we all we need"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group