Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots injuries: Gronkowski done for season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jofos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConnPatFan wrote:
jofos wrote:
Wilshirex9 wrote:
How does this happen...

Boggles my mind really. If a simple fall on his wrist can cause shockwaves to break his forearm, why is he allowed to play, and why hasn't it healed after all these weeks?

Brb googling surgeon's name
Brb...

Is it the same break as last time?
Considering how carefully he had been treating the arm, the fact he still had some form of protection on it and simply the odds of the same player breaking the same forearm in a new place back-to-back, it would suprise me if wasn't.

Not trying to act smart are anything but the reason I asked this was because it is not that uncommon to break a bone that has a protective plate at a different location. Had it broke in the same spot it would be a sign that there was a problem with the bone healing which would be a bigger concern. The protective plate does nothing to strengthen the bone or the area that it is put in, it is simply there to hold the bone togeather so that it heals properly. Because of the lack of flexibility of the plate breaks can happen around the plate. This is simply a case of bad luck not a problem with the bone healing. I'm sure that had Gronk made it through the season without breaking his arm again that the plate would have been removed before next season and he would be fine. I still feel that this will be the case.
TreeFiddy350

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jofos wrote:
ConnPatFan wrote:
jofos wrote:
Wilshirex9 wrote:
How does this happen...

Boggles my mind really. If a simple fall on his wrist can cause shockwaves to break his forearm, why is he allowed to play, and why hasn't it healed after all these weeks?

Brb googling surgeon's name
Brb...

Is it the same break as last time?
Considering how carefully he had been treating the arm, the fact he still had some form of protection on it and simply the odds of the same player breaking the same forearm in a new place back-to-back, it would suprise me if wasn't.

Not trying to act smart are anything but the reason I asked this was because it is not that uncommon to break a bone that has a protective plate at a different location. Had it broke in the same spot it would be a sign that there was a problem with the bone healing which would be a bigger concern. The protective plate does nothing to strengthen the bone or the area that it is put in, it is simply there to hold the bone togeather so that it heals properly. Because of the lack of flexibility of the plate breaks can happen around the plate. This is simply a case of bad luck not a problem with the bone healing. I'm sure that had Gronk made it through the season without breaking his arm again that the plate would have been removed before next season and he would be fine. I still feel that this will be the case.

You are 100% correct. It was basically bad luck. He broke his arm in a different place. (Source)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: