Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots injuries: Gronkowski done for season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jofos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilshirex9 wrote:
How does this happen...

Boggles my mind really. If a simple fall on his wrist can cause shockwaves to break his forearm, why is he allowed to play, and why hasn't it healed after all these weeks?

Brb googling surgeon's name
Brb...

Is it the same break as last time?
ConnPatFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jofos wrote:
Wilshirex9 wrote:
How does this happen...

Boggles my mind really. If a simple fall on his wrist can cause shockwaves to break his forearm, why is he allowed to play, and why hasn't it healed after all these weeks?

Brb googling surgeon's name
Brb...

Is it the same break as last time?
Considering how carefully he had been treating the arm, the fact he still had some form of protection on it and simply the odds of the same player breaking the same forearm in a new place back-to-back, it would suprise me if wasn't.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TGShabba wrote:
The silver lining is that we already know our offensive identity without him. We've been Gronk-less the entire second half of the season. It's not like going into last year's Super Bowl having to completely reinvent our offensive strategy.

Yeah, the one that struggled to put up points against the 49ers (until they let their foot off the gas) Miami and the Jaguars.

We need Gronk in the run game and the pass game and I for one am disgusted at the job that was done by all those medical professions around Gronk. Someone has botched their job, either the surgeon, the team doctors, or the guys that cleared him to play. Pathetic.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
The fractured arm suffered by Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski on Sunday was not identical to the original fracture he suffered November 18, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

http://www.csnne.com/football-new-england-patriots/patriots-talk/Gronkowski-break-not-the-same-as-first-o?blockID=823573&feedID=3352

Also:
Quote:
Because of the implanted plate, there will always be a risk to the area at the end, the source explained, because of a "collection of stress." The injury could have occurred "three years from now" in the same spot, said the source.

Crying or Very sad

So this means that Gronkowski's career is now screwed? at least to some degree since he is more sensitive to an arm injury? it took two drives for him to get injured despite the fact he was apparently healthy from the previous break.

Or will the plate be removed at some point before next season and he will be back to normal?
Tom Brady Tribute
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
The fractured arm suffered by Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski on Sunday was not identical to the original fracture he suffered November 18, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

http://www.csnne.com/football-new-england-patriots/patriots-talk/Gronkowski-break-not-the-same-as-first-o?blockID=823573&feedID=3352

Also:
Quote:
Because of the implanted plate, there will always be a risk to the area at the end, the source explained, because of a "collection of stress." The injury could have occurred "three years from now" in the same spot, said the source.

Crying or Very sad

So this means that Gronkowski's career is now screwed? at least to some degree since he is more sensitive to an arm injury? it took two drives for him to get injured despite the fact he was apparently healthy from the previous break.

Or will the plate be removed at some point before next season and he will be back to normal?
Probably going to have to play with a protective cast on it going forward, and not be as effective blocking. Confused

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

Also:
Quote:

Crying or Very sad

Probably going to have to play with a protective cast on it going forward, and not be as effective blocking. Confused

For the rest of his career he won't be the same? and be more likely to suffer an injury? this is so sad...

Damn Sergio Brown i will find you some day and run you over with a car.
Tom Brady Tribute
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole thing is depressing. It just goes to show that no matter how talented you are, how much effort you put into what you do, or how good your attitude is, you can get screwed over by totally random freak occurrences.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Richter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or they could let the damn thing knit naturally and take the plates out.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:

Which, given the fact he has 9 months to recover, I'd say is a pretty good idea at this point.

Deadpulse on the sig
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:

That's exactly what i asked before because i wasn't sure what it means:

Billy Spikes wrote:

So Gronk could be back to 100% next season and will no longer be sensitive to suffering an arm injury?
Tom Brady Tribute
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People break their arms all the time, they usually make full recoveries. I don't think the surgeons would have implanted the plate knowing he would be at such risk. I think he will be back and able to do everything fully next season, this isn't something that should affect him long term.

Mack on the sig
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:

That's what I want to know. Since Gronk has 9 months to recover, they could do another surgery to remove the plates and be fine w. it right?
finn54

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus, we really ride the wave of emotions here, don't we? Laughing How about we just wait and see what happens before deciding Gronk will never be the same again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think with 9 months Gronk could naturally recover...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Gronkowski's original break, it was noted, has fully healed and was intact when surgery was performed Monday to address the new injury.

Well if he had surgery again, doesn't it mean that again he has a plate in his arm and the Patriots/Gronkowski decided against letting it heal naturally?

Wish we had someone who knows more about this stuff..

I guess we just gotta wait and see how things go, as finn said.
Tom Brady Tribute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: