Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

(Updated)Britt. Wanted for further questioning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ockham

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I need a ride to hospital after a knifing or shooting incident, Kenny is my goto guy. That is not a bad thing.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut him and CJ and sign a middle of the pack RB and a top tier WR for less than what they are paid.
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:
Quote:
Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports

Kenny Britt's father just told me his son is scheduled to meet with NJ police on Wednesday. Said he is cooperating, and did nothing wrong

Maybe when you're Kenny britt, you meet with the law when it's convenient for you.

Can we just get Kenny on Oprah already so we can move on?

Does he even have to talk to them? He didn't commit any crimes so unless they're arresting him and he doesn't want to talk to them, what's the point?

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Ockham

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Britt is a suspect in a crime, he does not have to say anything to the cops. If he is just a witness to something, he still has no legal obligation to contact the police, unless it involves a child or young person being abused, neglected, put at risk, or needing protection. The cops really should not plaster his name all over hell trying to smear and embarrass him. NJ cops do not like Britt, but they need to get their emotions under control and act like professionals.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
lamont

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per rotoworld.

Quote:
Kenny Britt met with Jersey City Police on Tuesday, though a police spokesman declined to say whether Britt was a suspect in the case.
Captain Edgar Martinez would only say the JCPD's investigation of a weekend shooting/stabbing was "ongoing." It still appears that Britt is only a witness and not a suspect but it's never easy to get to the bottom of a Britt story. Britt's situation should be updated before the end of the week, though it doesn't appear the Titans have major reason for concern.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
Man, this is shaping up to be the best offseason ever.

Don't take this as trolling, just kinda wanted to show you this. Wink
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=8353740#8353740

This upcoming season will be the last one on his contract, correct? I doubt they cut him, but I also doubt they re-sign him, unless he cleans up his act. Really can't hurt to keep him around though, never heard anything about him negatively affecting your team on the field.

Unless he's suspended, of course.
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Does he even have to talk to them? He didn't commit any crimes so unless they're arresting him and he doesn't want to talk to them, what's the point?

Ockham wrote:
If Britt is a suspect in a crime, he does not have to say anything to the cops. If he is just a witness to something, he still has no legal obligation to contact the police, unless it involves a child or young person being abused, neglected, put at risk, or needing protection. The cops really should not plaster his name all over hell trying to smear and embarrass him. NJ cops do not like Britt, but they need to get their emotions under control and act like professionals.

There's a difference, I would say, between a common citizen protecting their legal rights by refusing to talk to law enforcement without legal representation and someone who represents an NFL franchise deciding that he doesn't need to talk to law enforcement. He also doesn't need to be a member of the Tennessee Titans. He doesn't need to be paid millions of dollars to play a game for a living. So if he wants to flip the bird to the police when they are investigating a stabbing and gunshot fired incident, then he should not be surprised when the Titans have enough of him and release him. He's digging his grave here and although there will be other teams willing to give him a chance, he'll be burning those bridges as well pretty quickly.

I hope when he's washed up and broke - and done squandering this easy opportunity to fulfill a dream that millions of kids have - that he's comforted by the fact that he didn't let the police boss him around by asking him to come answer some simple questions.

Edit: At least he finally went in and spoke with them.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

This upcoming season will be the last one on his contract, correct? I doubt they cut him, but I also doubt they re-sign him, unless he cleans up his act. Really can't hurt to keep him around though, never heard anything about him negatively affecting your team on the field.

Four years ago? Those are some impressive grudge-carrying skills you got.

Correct, this is his last year under contract. With his talent, there will undoubtedly be some teams willing to throw decent money at him. I can't see any scenario where we'd try to match a large contract for him after the slew of trouble he's caused for himself.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

Wow impressive that you go back 4 years ago. Wink
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

Four years ago? Those are some impressive grudge-carrying skills you got.

Correct, this is his last year under contract. With his talent, there will undoubtedly be some teams willing to throw decent money at him. I can't see any scenario where we'd try to match a large contract for him after the slew of trouble he's caused for himself.

Based on who it is, I'm not surprised.

This year will decide if Britt stays with us. If he's performs well and stays healthy, I could see us resigning him.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
This year will decide if Britt stays with us. If he's performs well and stays healthy, I could see us resigning him.

I guess a lot will depend on how the current issue plays out. If he has cooperated (finally) with police and they clear him... then he goes out and stays healthy... then he performs at a very high level this year... maybe we give him an extension? Difficult for me to see all that coming together.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kenny Britt's lawyer says Britt is not a suspect in the stabbing/shooting incident he's been questioned about, and that New Jersey police have assured him there's "no chance" he'll be arrested.
We would say "that settles that," but there's always the possibility of a twist when it comes to Britt. Nevertheless, all signs are pointing toward Britt again squirming out of a potentially serious situation. He may still have to meet with commissioner Roger Goodell, but a suspension is sounding unlikely."

End of story. Now he can continue his journey of becoming the best WR in the league next year. Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
"End of story. Now he can continue his journey....

.....Until his next run in....
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:

Ockham wrote:

There's a difference, I would say, between a common citizen protecting their legal rights by refusing to talk to law enforcement without legal representation and someone who represents an NFL franchise deciding that he doesn't need to talk to law enforcement. He also doesn't need to be a member of the Tennessee Titans. He doesn't need to be paid millions of dollars to play a game for a living. So if he wants to flip the bird to the police when they are investigating a stabbing and gunshot fired incident, then he should not be surprised when the Titans have enough of him and release him. He's digging his grave here and although there will be other teams willing to give him a chance, he'll be burning those bridges as well pretty quickly.

I hope when he's washed up and broke - and done squandering this easy opportunity to fulfill a dream that millions of kids have - that he's comforted by the fact that he didn't let the police boss him around by asking him to come answer some simple questions.

Edit: At least he finally went in and spoke with them.

At least when he is broke, he can say with a straight face...

"I KEPT IT REAL!" Wink
-Hope-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

Wow impressive that you go back 4 years ago. Wink

Yeah, holy crap. I mean, sure, I was wrong, mea culpa, but that has got to be the most absurd example of selective memory I've ever seen. Confused

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: