Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Key to Winning?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
Found this:

Professional football

In both American and Canadian professional football, every player on the defensive team is considered eligible. The offensive team must have at least seven players lined up on the line of scrimmage. Of the players on the line of scrimmage, only the two players on the ends of the line of scrimmage are eligible receivers. The four remaining players in the backfield (five in Canadian football), including the quarterback, are also eligible receivers—except in the National Football League, where a quarterback who takes the snap from "under center" is never eligible.[2]

Well, that's interesting. So, if a quarterback hands the ball off to someone, his only role at that point can be a blocker. He cannot hand the ball off to a running back and then have the running back throw the ball back to him down the field?

I've never heard this distinction before about "under center" vs shotgun, but that's what it says.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
Found this:

Professional football

In both American and Canadian professional football, every player on the defensive team is considered eligible. The offensive team must have at least seven players lined up on the line of scrimmage. Of the players on the line of scrimmage, only the two players on the ends of the line of scrimmage are eligible receivers. The four remaining players in the backfield (five in Canadian football), including the quarterback, are also eligible receivers—except in the National Football League, where a quarterback who takes the snap from "under center" is never eligible.[2]

Well, that's interesting. So, if a quarterback hands the ball off to someone, his only role at that point can be a blocker. He cannot hand the ball off to a running back and then have the running back throw the ball back to him down the field?

So that play at the end of Waterboy is illegal?

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Ataal wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
Found this:

Professional football

I refuse to accept that!

P.S. Gaaaaateraaaaade!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The Key to Winning? Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
I think I've found it. It works like this:

Keep Randy Moss at 2 catches (sorry NBT). Keep Vernon Davis at 1.

Definitely do not feed Randy Moss the ball 3 times, and don't give the ball to Vernon Davis twice.

In the Dolphins, Patriots, Cardinals, and Packers (playoffs) games, we went 4-0. Randy Moss had 2 catches. Davis had 1.

In the Rams and Seahawks games, we went 0-2. Moss had 3 catches. Davis had 2.

I'm convinced.

-------------------------------------------

Seriously, though - what do people think are key in the next game? I think regardless of it being the Falcons or Seahawks, the biggest thing is going to be finding someone other than Michael Crabtree in the passing game wide receiver-wise. It'd REALLY be a great time for AJ Jenkins to show why he was drafted. Because if Crabtree gets shut down...uh oh.

I share the concern of Crabtree getting shut down, or Harbaugh forbid, he gets injured. Then what??? Delanie to the rescue! Okay, I couldn't even type that with a straight face.

Lol why are people so concerned with Crabtree getting shut down? It won't happen. Am I the only one watching him play over the last couple months?
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: The Key to Winning? Reply with quote

sherm wrote:
Ataal wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
I think I've found it. It works like this:

Keep Randy Moss at 2 catches (sorry NBT). Keep Vernon Davis at 1.

Definitely do not feed Randy Moss the ball 3 times, and don't give the ball to Vernon Davis twice.

In the Dolphins, Patriots, Cardinals, and Packers (playoffs) games, we went 4-0. Randy Moss had 2 catches. Davis had 1.

In the Rams and Seahawks games, we went 0-2. Moss had 3 catches. Davis had 2.

I'm convinced.

-------------------------------------------

Seriously, though - what do people think are key in the next game? I think regardless of it being the Falcons or Seahawks, the biggest thing is going to be finding someone other than Michael Crabtree in the passing game wide receiver-wise. It'd REALLY be a great time for AJ Jenkins to show why he was drafted. Because if Crabtree gets shut down...uh oh.

I share the concern of Crabtree getting shut down, or Harbaugh forbid, he gets injured. Then what??? Delanie to the rescue! Okay, I couldn't even type that with a straight face.

Lol why are people so concerned with Crabtree getting shut down? It won't happen. Am I the only one watching him play over the last couple months?

So we're not allowed to discuss what ifs?

Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Ataal wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
Found this:

Professional football

The waterboy didn't play in the NFL. He was an NCAA athlethe. Is the rule the same in college as it is in the NFL?

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Key to Winning? Reply with quote

sherm wrote:

I don't know, how many people watched Marshawn Lynch over the past few months? Because he went over 100 yards in 9 of 11 games (including the Washington playoff game) and had 10 touchdowns in that span and the same Falcons we're about to face held him to 46 yards and less than 3 yards an attempt.

Turns out - apparently how you've been playing doesn't automatically cause a defense to not be able to stop you. Also see entries for: Peterson, Adrian and the Green Bay Packers.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 21st All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #20, Warrick Dunn: 317
*Yards needed to enter Top 15: 1045
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Ataal wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
Found this:

Professional football

I've never heard this distinction before about "under center" vs shotgun, but that's what it says.

Flea flicker? Don't a majority of those start under center?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: The Key to Winning? Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
sherm wrote:

I don't know, how many people watched Marshawn Lynch over the past few months? Because he went over 100 yards in 9 of 11 games (including the Washington playoff game) and had 10 touchdowns in that span and the same Falcons we're about to face held him to 46 yards and less than 3 yards an attempt.

Turns out - apparently how you've been playing doesn't automatically cause a defense to not be able to stop you. Also see entries for: Peterson, Adrian and the Green Bay Packers.

All those said cases have nothing to do with Crabtree and Kaep.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The Key to Winning? Reply with quote

sherm wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
sherm wrote:

Because you said so?

Don't be such a homer. The line is fine between confidence and arrogance, and neither fans nor the players on our team should cross that line.

sbrown

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: The Key to Winning? Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
sherm wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
sherm wrote:

Because you said so?

Don't be such a homer. The line is fine between confidence and arrogance, and neither fans nor the players on our team should cross that line.

damn good point. any player can get shut down including our guys or theirs.

btw rudy good pickup on the ricky davis example Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: The Key to Winning? Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
sherm wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
sherm wrote:

Because you said so?

damn good point. any player can get shut down including our guys or theirs.

btw rudy good pickup on the ricky davis example Wink

What a punk...

sherm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: The Key to Winning? Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
sherm wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
sherm wrote:

Because you said so?

Why cuz u said so? So I should be worried about Kaep/Crabtree getting shutdown when they've showed no signs of doing so. I'm sure Sea worried all wk about Lynch getting shutdown. And Vikings fans def worried all wk that Peterson would get shutdown...just look @ his prev gms. Now if they get shut down I'll give just due where its deserved. Until then I'm not gonna concern myself with players actually balling.

U can call me a homer...I'll call u pessimistic. Laughing
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: The Key to Winning? Reply with quote

sherm wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
sherm wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
sherm wrote:

Because you said so?

Why cuz u said so? So I should be worried about Kaep/Crabtree getting shutdown when they've showed no signs of doing so. I'm sure Sea worried all wk about Lynch getting shutdown. And Vikings fans def worried all wk that Peterson would get shutdown...just look @ his prev gms. Now if they get shut down I'll give just due where its deserved. Until then I'm not gonna concern myself with players actually balling.

U can call me a homer...I'll call u pessimistic. Laughing

What's pessimistic in the mental exercise of finding countless ways to win, as opposed to just one? If anything, I'm the real optimist, here.

y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: The Key to Winning? Reply with quote

sherm wrote:
I'm sure Sea worried all wk about Lynch getting shutdown. And Vikings fans def worried all wk that Peterson would get shutdown...just look @ his prev gms.

Do you not see the inherent flaw here?

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 21st All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #20, Warrick Dunn: 317
*Yards needed to enter Top 15: 1045

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: