Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aldon Smith and Character

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Aldon Smith and Character Reply with quote

As an FYI, don't really expect the article to entirely answer the question that titles it, but instead enjoy a decent article about his character:

Where Has Aldon Smith Gone?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/page/hotread-aldon-smith/aldon-smith-trying-regain-form

Quote:
The 49ers' front seven is a tight-knit group, and Smith's biggest concern in the summer of 2012 was that he'd let the other six down. By police accounts, he did not start the fight at his house that led to the stabbing on June 30; he was trying to break it up. (A spokesperson for the Santa Clara County Sheriff's office said that suspect[s] in the stabbing are still at large). But Smith still made a point to apologize to his teammates for making poor decisions and for doing anything to put their dreams in jeopardy. "You're never going to learn from your mistakes unless you face them, and Aldon did that," said Matt Suther, Smith's former AAU coach and mentor. "He didn't hide from any of that stuff. He's mad that it happened. He's sad that it happened. I think it put some things in perspective for him in terms of everything can be gone tomorrow."

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 22nd All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #21, Ricky Watters: 29
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 354
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, read this a few hours ago and I hope he will be ready to go come Saturday. Most outsiders will just point out to the fact Justin Smith is gone, so he doesn't get his sacks off stunts anymore even though the main issue is him being banged up. There may be some mental and physical fatigue as well since Harbaugh brought that up last week. The thing I don't like is he still is limited in practice, while Justin Smith is a full go. Now, it could be for precautionary reasons, but he's been limited ever since the Dolphins game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Yeah, read this a few hours ago and I hope he will be ready to go come Saturday. Most outsiders will just point out to the fact Justin Smith is gone, so he doesn't get his sacks off stunts anymore even though the main issue is him being banged up. There may be some mental and physical fatigue as well since Harbaugh brought that up last week. The thing I don't like is he still is limited in practice, while Justin Smith is a full go. Now, it could be for precautionary reasons, but he's been limited ever since the Dolphins game.

I think we'll see him uncover an injury after the season ends.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hes getting doubled nearly every passing play. He's getting cut and teams are getting rid ofthe ball quick so he's not getting the stats but the production is still there. He's still giving his all every snap - he's just really tired at through moment. People forget that this is his first season as a full time starter and that nfl teams play more games. I think he's going to benefit from the bye more than anyone not named Justin.

Like that article says, he plays better under the lights. I know he will be ready for the task at hand. I would like to see them put him on the inside like they did during the pats game. I also like it when we line him on the left oppo Justin.

Our defense will be ready. I have zero doubts. If we can jump out to a lead it will do wonders

Can't wait for this game
Night Angel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt its a coincidence that Aldon's performance dropped when J. Smith got injured. Ricky Jean just cant open up the lanes for Aldon like Smith can.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night Angel wrote:
I doubt its a coincidence that Aldon's performance dropped when J. Smith got injured. Ricky Jean just cant open up the lanes for Aldon like Smith can.

Not doubting Justin doesn't help, but it's MUCH more than that. He's clearly not 100% and hasn't been a full go in practice since the Dolphins game. Today he was better, but he couldn't close the deal on a few opportunities. That has been the norm lately, and Justin doesn't have much to do with that.................

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: