Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Watching the 9ers makes me believe in Pryor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

La_Vader wrote:
Tamby wrote:
I think we'd be wise to roll with Palmer as the #1 and Pryor as the #2 quarterback. We are nowhere near stable enough to be grooming a rookie QB yet. Once we have some stability and a well established system on offense we should be looking for a QB of the future. I think we're a solid 2 years away from this.

Pryor's skill set is intriguing however I would never put the future of the organization in his hands. He does NOT have the arm strength to be elite he cannot make those handful of throws per game that you gotta put that extra zip on the ball to fit it through those tight windows. He does have an excellent work ethic, seemed to have command of the offense, and has elite athleticism for the position. He would be a GREAT backup QB. Imagine a defense gameplanning for your typical pocket passer and if an injury happens you throw them a real curveball in Pryor. There is nothing wrong with keeping him as depth for the quarterback position.

I respect your opinion. Pryor just needs to work on his footwork and he can be a stud in this league. This team won't win soon, makes no sense to keep an over the hill overpaid QB around. Just takes salary away from young players we can keep, and keeps us winning meaningless games that wont help long term

You have absolutely no proof that the Raiders can't look competitive. Look at all the immediate turnarounds across the league over the last two years. Some think our players just suck. That's fine but that's their opinion. I am of the opinion that while this team may not win 9 games they should surely look more competitive than they are because the are in the wrong system. Routinely Raider players are put in the wrong system because the FO ALWAYS hires cheap help. Nothing has changed.

Imo, the 49ers turned the corner with good coaching and heavy investment in the OL in 2010.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

La_Vader wrote:
J Tagg did Pryor sleep with your gf. Why do you hate a raider so much for being a fan

lol, he probably wishes that pryor did, because that would insinuate that his GF is hot. (this was not intended to be an insult)
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
La_Vader wrote:
J Tagg did Pryor sleep with your gf. Why do you hate a raider so much for being a fan

lol, he probably wishes that pryor did, because that would insinuate that his GF is hot. (this was not intended to be an insult)

I literally lol'd.

[/Thread]

Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
If scrambling is all that mattered, Tim Tebow would still be starting. Kaepernick can actually throw the ball and won't be coached by his 3rd OC in 3 years.

$$$

Tebow played on a team that never wanted him in the first place. And they had to sign one of the all-time greats to justify getting rid of him

Pryor is a much better athlete than Pryor and the pistol offense is far more innovative than what the Broncos ran with Tebow last year

Pryor could absolutely lead the Raiders to a high octane offense combined with McFadden in the pistol offense
BBIB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And honestly what do the Raiders really have to lose by trying to implement that type of offense next year

The reward is far greater than the risk. Because it's not like they are going anywhere with Carson Palmer and his ridiculous contract
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Darkness wrote:
If scrambling is all that mattered, Tim Tebow would still be starting. Kaepernick can actually throw the ball and won't be coached by his 3rd OC in 3 years.

$$$

Tebow played on a team that never wanted him in the first place. And they had to sign one of the all-time greats to justify getting rid of him

Pryor is a much better athlete than Pryor and the pistol offense is far more innovative than what the Broncos ran with Tebow last year

Pryor could absolutely lead the Raiders to a high octane offense combined with McFadden in the pistol offense

its funny how tebow got them deeper in the playoffs than peyton lolol
didnt peyton have 3 ints also?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the 49ers makes me wish AlDavis pulled the trigger on something smart for once. Like the Kaepernick trade up, Aaron Rodgers draft pick, or Aaron Rodgers for Moss trade. Instead we have Pryor, and have to pray.
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Darkness wrote:

$$$

its funny how tebow got them deeper in the playoffs than peyton lolol
didnt peyton have 3 ints also?

Actually they both got knocked out in the divisional round. But either way the bronco's won't be in the Super Bowl this year. Heck they may not even contend next year.
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we were to invest our future in Pryor - I'm not saying we should just theorizing - who would be the best offensive co-ordinator?
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
La_Vader wrote:

If I was into bragging, I would Smile Just know that.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
if we were to invest our future in Pryor - I'm not saying we should just theorizing - who would be the best offensive co-ordinator?

Someone who doesn't mind looking for a job in 2 years.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:

Actually they both got knocked out in the divisional round. But either way the bronco's won't be in the Super Bowl this year. Heck they may not even contend next year.

Why do you think this way? I honestly think they're going to get better. They literally only have one high-priced free agent in Clady and they'll get him back the rest could be signed or let go b/c they're easily replaced.

This team is prone to be around and fighting for a championship for at least 2 more years.

PM sig requests.
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

Why do you think this way? I honestly think they're going to get better. They literally only have one high-priced free agent in Clady and they'll get him back the rest could be signed or let go b/c they're easily replaced.

This team is prone to be around and fighting for a championship for at least 2 more years.

They also have one of the older teams in the nfl. Things change in the NFL especially when a team is older. Now Manning had a great year one his best ever and will probably get a 5th MVP. However in the the divisional round he seemed..old. I remember when Brett Farve went to Minnesota and the first year there he had one of the best seasons a QB has ever had and the vikes where one Int from the Super Bowl. Great game btw. The next year he has his worst and then retires. Now am I saying it'll be like that no and manning isn't the only player subject to Father Time with doom and champ also playing into that as well.

Also the AFC west isn't nearly as remidial as we think. Honestly the Cheifs are one great QB from contending in playoffs. I am not like most of the people here who think that we will be in clowney sweepstakes will we be contending for a Super Bowl? No maybe a quick exit at best but not top five. SD is probably the only team that will be at either the same amount of wins or less. Actually with the Mike McCoy hiring they might be good too.

And McCoy's departure is pretty big, lets be honest he's the reason they made playoffs with Tebow. Well Hue Jackson too but let's not open that can off what if worms. Lol and you more than most of the guys on this site know the value of a good OC Peyton Manning or not.
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Watching the 49ers makes me wish AlDavis pulled the trigger on something smart for once. Like the Kaepernick trade up, Aaron Rodgers draft pick, or Aaron Rodgers for Moss trade. Instead we have Pryor, and have to pray.

Trading up for Kaepernick might look smart in hindsight, but Al Davis would have gotten blasted for trading the Pats another 1st round pick to move up 16 spots in the 2nd round.
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
holyghost wrote:

Trading up for Kaepernick might look smart in hindsight, but Al Davis would have gotten blasted for trading the Pats another 1st round pick to move up 16 spots in the 2nd round.

This is true. /: I wonder however if this changes the course of the franchise?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13

Jump to: