Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Minnesota Vikings Mock Draft/Offseason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purplepride323

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: 2013 Minnesota Vikings Mock Draft/Offseason Reply with quote

First and foremost this was a great year for the Vikings and they showed a lot of promise. What a turn around year and I think next season we could win this division with the right moves in the offseason. This is how I put together the team for next year.

Minnesota Vikings trade Percy Harvin to the Oakland Raiders for their 2013 2nd round pick, 4th round pick and a conditional 2014 pick. Showed he has no love for his team and didn't even show up to the sidelines when he was injured. That type of attitude kills teams. I know this trade is very similar to Randy Moss' trade but Moss was way more valuable at the time than Harvin is.

FREE AGENCY:

Dwayne Bowe WR- Minnesota signs him to a 5 year 65 million dollar deal. Making him one of the highest paid WRs and he deserves it with the numbers he put up on a bad KC team over the years.

Pretty much done here. Felton re-signed, along with Winfield and Simpson (give him another year or two) and let go of Webb, Henderson, Aromashadu, and Jenkins.

NFL Draft

1. Cordarelle Patterson WR- Big time WR, if you watch videos on him he's a home run threat when he's on the field. Will catch the deep ball, will run after the catch and also returns kicks. Will be a perfect fit for our offense.

2A. Kawann Short DT (via OAK)- We need a new DT next to K. Williams. This guys a force on the line and usually got doubled.

2B. Robert Woods WR- At the start of the season he was the first overall WR on Kiper's Board, but after a disappointing senior season he fell off. But that doesn't mean he won't be a great NFL receiver. I personally think he will, reminds me a lot of Greg Jennings.

3. Jonathan Brown OLB- Fast Linebacker, really quick at getting to the player with the ball and will be an upgrade over Erin Henderson.

4A. Larry Warford OG (via OAK)- We need depth at guard so here's one to add to our much improved O-Line for next season. Don't know if he should start over Fusco, or Johnson but at least he'll give them a run for their job.

4B. Tyrann Mathieu CB (via DET)- I think if he didn't get kicked out of LSU for weed smoking, he'll be the best corner in this draft. I say we give him a shot here and who knows he might be the steal of the draft and could turn into the ballhawk that our secondary needs at the edge.

4C. Jonathan Franklin RB- Small but shifty RB, could get the back up job behind Peterson one day if Gerhart doesn't step it up.

5. Landry Jones QB- Will obviously be the backup QB and I think he will be a lot better than Webb at that. I think he could be a starter one day and who knows if Ponder gets injured again this guy could step in and win the job.

6. Kyle Long OL- More depth added to the O-line and this guy comes from a football family. Howie Long's son, has football in his blood.

Trade the rest of the picks for next years draft picks.

QB- C. Ponder, L. Jones
RB- A. Peterson, T. Gerhart, J. Franklin
FB- J. Felton, R. Ellison
WR1- D. Bowe, C. Patterson
WR2- J. Simpson, Robert Woods
Slot WR- Jarius Wright
LT- M. Kalil
LG- C. Johnson, Kyle Long
C- J. Sullivan
RG- B. Fusco, L. Warford
RT- P. Loadholt
TE- K. Rudolph, J. Carlson, R. Ellison

DE- J. Allen, B. Robison
DT- K. Williams, F. Evans
DT2- K. Short, C. Ballard
DE2- E. Griffen
OLB- C. Greenway
MLB- J. Brinkley
WLB- J. Brown
CB1- C. Cook, A. Winfield, T. Mathieu
CB2- J. Robinson, A. Jefferson,
SS- H. Smith, R. Blanton
FS- M. Raymond, J. Sanford

K- B. Walsh
P- C. Kluwe

KR- J. Wright
PR- C. Patterson

Again this is just a mock offseason, I think Spielman will do a great job but I hope things turn out similar to this.
Nzd07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like we're going overkill with the WRs... we still have Jarius Wright.

I'd rather go Ogletree with our 1st round pick... I guess Woods would be ok as a #2.

Also, there's basically no way Warford lasts until the 4th.

Gurley to MN
vikes635

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

overall i dont like it! why wouldnt we resign henderson? what was the point of signing simpson if we were gonna draft to wr early? Not a fan of most of the picks here either wood i would be ok with other than that didnt care for the others

Rip Sean Taylor

PROPS TO Joe_is_the_best for the Sig

Adopt A Viking= Kyle Rudolph Rec=5 Targets=10 Drops= Penalties= tot yds=69 TD=1 Lng=21

Pre Season= 4 catches 1 drop 44 yards
eman9416

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nzd07 wrote:
I feel like we're going overkill with the WRs... we still have Jarius Wright.

I'd rather go Ogletree with our 1st round pick... I guess Woods would be ok as a #2.

I completely agree, with AD and all of these new weapons, i don't see how there are enough touches to go around. Besides, there is no way that Rick spends that much on a free agent, it goes completely against his philosophy. I really hope we don't invest that much into Bowe, i would much rather have Jennings for cheaper.

I think if you switch the first round pick with Ogletree, this would be a great draft though.
Nzd07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikes635 wrote:
overall i dont like it! why wouldnt we resign henderson? what was the point of signing simpson if we were gonna draft to wr early? Not a fan of most of the picks here either wood i would be ok with other than that didnt care for the others

Do you mean Bowe? Simpson looked pretty bad this year.

Gurley to MN
AQuintus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikes635 wrote:
overall i dont like it! why wouldnt we resign henderson?

Because he wasn't very good this year.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new guy!

lovin' all these new guys showing up! hope they stay with us.

Applause

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are going to sign a big money WR in FA, there is no need to spend two high draft picks on WR. Maybe one, but not two. MLB, OLB, CB, and G would all be options.

Im fine with signing Bowe, but if we sign him then i think Simpson doesnt need to come back. Bowe, Woods, Wright, 4th/5th rounder and Jenkins would be a really nice group.

If you substitute Patterson for maybe Ogletree or X. Rhodes then i wouldnt mind this draft.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice first post! Glad to have you on board.

I will say that I think it is slightly WR overkill.

I like Bowe (way too much money though, look at Vincnet Jacksons's as an indicator), and Short is a good round 2 pick and should be a starter from day one.

With Bowe, Patterson and Wright, i dont see much need for adding Woods. I do agree that Warford wont last that long, so maybe put Warford in round 2, i place of Woods, and a WR in round 4.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see Patterson lasting till the 23rd pick.

I also don't like Dwayne Bowe or Robert Woods that much.

Switch up with Jennings/Hunter/Marquees Wilson (late round pick) and I'd be alright with it.

Otherwise, I'd look to improve MLB or CB.

down but not out. I still believe!
AP_ALL_DAY_28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the idea of drafting a guy like Mathieu.

Why not take a chance on a talent like him.

The Vikes took a chance on Randy & Harvin & both were great picks.
NCAA: Trojans
NHL: Kings
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikes635 wrote:

Because Henderson isnt any good and cant cover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I can't see Patterson lasting till the 23rd pick.

I also don't like Dwayne Bowe or Robert Woods that much.

Switch up with Jennings/Hunter/Marquees Wilson (late round pick) and I'd be alright with it.

Otherwise, I'd look to improve MLB or CB.

Patterson will go late in the first round IMO.. that's why i have him here. I think the first WR off the board will be Keenan Allen, then Hunter and Patterson will fall right to our pick. The reason why I don't have us taking Ogletree like most of you suggested is because Brinkley had a solid year and got adjusted to stopping the run and covering TEs as the season went on. I think he earned the job for next year and should be even better next year with a full season under his belt.

On another note, Henderson is expendable and this draft has a lot of OLB talent, Jonathan Brown being one of them. I watched him play and he's really fast for a LB, something we didn't have last year, speed at the LB position and a guy who can keep up in coverage. This guy can start right away, and he's projected to go in the 3rd and could be a steal. Our defense was better than our offense this year so we don't need to change much, just improve at the DT position (K. Short) and replace E. Henderson who will most likely not be re-signed after a slump season.

Also about that comment of us "overkilling" with WRs. All this is doing is replacing the garbage WRs with quality guys that can get open and catch the ball. Think about it, Jenkins replaced by C. Patterson, Aromashadu replaced by R. Woods and the loss of P. Harvin get filled in by a bigger, stronger D. Bowe who is only 28 and still in his prime. So I don't know how that is a bad thing given that we do have the money to make this happen. Also keep in mind Green Bay had 4 good/great WRs this year in Jennings, J. Jones, J. Nelson and Cobb for Rodgers to target, so it's not a secret that we need WRs in this league today.

All in all I would be happy with this draft/ offseason and the idea of stockpiling the WR position with quality guys that Christian can throw to. Imagine how much more room AD will have to run if he had great WRs on the edges. Our offense could possibly be the best in the league if that was the case.
Purplepride323

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:
I love the idea of drafting a guy like Mathieu.

Why not take a chance on a talent like him.

The Vikes took a chance on Randy & Harvin & both were great picks.

I feel the same way, the guy is projected to go in the fourth and we have multiple picks in that round. Why not take a chance on a kid that knows how to play and make a difference in the secondary. Keep in the mind the reason why he got suspended was Marijuana. Not a gun charge, not a fight with the coach, not a fight with a teammate, just weed. I think the media blows it out of proportion and that's what ultimately caused his stock to go down. However that doesn't change the fact that he's a great football player on the field, and could very easily stop smoking during the seasons and just blow smoke sometimes in the offseason after winning a super bowl. [EDITED BY MOD]

Last edited by Purplepride323 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplepride323 wrote:
[EDITED BY MOD]

we don't go there at FF.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Last edited by vike daddy on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: