Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nzd's Mock Offseason - V2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would you rank this offseason?
A... this would be a great offseason!
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
B... Pretty good except for a few things.
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
C... It's okay.
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
D... I would've done it differently.
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
F... This is horrible!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

Nzd07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I'll work on this and have a new mock ready tommorrow! My friends are out of town this weekend so I have nothing better to do. Very Happy

Pull your 84 jerseys out
Adopt a T-Wolf: Ricky Rubio APG: 9.6 SPG: 3.09 RPG: 4.8
Mattwaukee wrote:
If I'm taking players for next year I'm taking Cobb over anyone not named Johnson.
jam8891

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall good off-season except for the Harvin trade.. No way in **** would they trade him. Much less for the 28th pick. Might as well be a 2nd rd pick. Harvin is just too good of a football player and too valuable to just pretty much let go for a pick like that. If Houston wants him it would take alot more than that but like I said, everything else I can't complain. Really good
AP_allday2869

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would LOVE Beason. The draft is nice, Patterson is my #1 dude for us to draft, and I'm a big fan of Warford.

Adopt a Viking:
Chris Cook: Tackles: 5 Ints: 0 BP: 1 Ejections:1
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is outstanding. The free agent pick-ups in particular are excellent.

Beason would instantly solidify the middle of our defense and I am a big, big, big fan of D.J. Moore. He has always been a gambler - a quality I like in a corner - and he could learn a ton from Winfield about curbing that aggressiveness and using it at the right times.

On top of that, I think Matt Moore would beat Ponder in an open competition (unlikely to be given the chance but if given, I'd expect him to win it) and would be a fantastic fit for the offense. I've seen him make solid throws downfield fairly frequently, and I still remember when he played very well against us two or three years back on Sunday night, I believe.

Peppers90 on the sig.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have my doubts Cordalle Patterson will fall that far, or a team like Seattle, New England or maybe even San Fran (LOL, sorry AJ Jenkins) might trade up to get him.

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
BadgerBoy001

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love it, but I don't think it's all that realistic. Would be great going forward.
Swaps

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
Gave this a B.

Good overall, but I didn't like bringing back Brinkley when we also get Beason -

I don't mind it. I'm glad that Henderson is gone, he is TERRIBLE. But I don't mind not getting rid of Brinkley. It would be nice to have someone left over who is still familar with the defense as a backup/special teams guy. As a full time starter, God no.

"the more I like you, the more I want to smash your face into the ground." -- Jared Allen
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ctpatsfan77

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Nzd's Mock Offseason - V2.0 Reply with quote

Nzd07 wrote:
TRADE: Minnesota trades pick 54 to New England for picks 61 and 94.
After taking a CB in round 1, New England gets desperate for a receiver. After eyeing Robert Woods for a while, the Pats trade up with Minny, fearing the talented receiver won't be around for much longer. The Vikings are able to obtain more picks after trading some away; Spielman pulls his draft magic once gain.

Pats fan here. This is about as unlikely a scenario as I can imagine: (1) the Pats never trade up out of desperation. They put a value on each player, and they stick to those values. (2) The Pats only have a 1, 2, and a 3 before the seventh round. There is essentially zero chance, ATM, of the Pats trading up. (3) Bill Belichick doesn't have a very high opinion of USC players in general. AFAIK, he's never taken one in the first four rounds while in NE.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been hoping for Jon Beason for awhile now. Will be interesting to see how the team handles that situation. If we could land Beason, it would make draft day a whole lot easier.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: