Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Interview Mike Martz for OC Position
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Totty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamby wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
Tamby wrote:
Should I not?

You should! Wikipedia is the most reliable and credible source for information on the internet. You didn't know?

Find me something more reliable and credible that illustrates their offenses that I can post on an internet forum. I was just posting it to show everyone where I was getting my information from and give the Raiders fans something to talk about. No need to attack me...

Noooo I was more busting balls. We don't see a credited posted everyday. I thought it was funny. Sorry if you felt attacked by me on that. Welcome aboard my friend! 😄

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
pHaT_dEsI

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Martz is hired, we might as well start trading Meyers, Ausberry, and Gordon for some picks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
What the hell is Dennis thinking with this one?. I'm starting to think this guy does not know offense at all

Smh. It's an interview people.

+ 1

I think after the failed Knapp experiment, it is smart to interview as many candidates as possible. Even if Martz is low on their list, at least bringing him in and feeling him out is a good idea.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope it was only an interview and Martz went home without a contract. This hire would be a complete joke and prove Allen and McKenzie are clueless.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

Sweet so we'll get to see Palmer pass the ball fifty times a game again next season.

And at least three int's a game.

Burgesskills wrote:

Why are there so many haters/negative posters around here. We all root for the same team and want the same things.

My bad, I meant this a poke/joke and after posting thought "I should add a lol, or some silly face, but people will get it"...I ahould have known someone would have been up in arms about it and Tagg would inject his ignorance.

I meant it as a poke....
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Darkness wrote:

We said the same thing for Knapp. Hopefully he'll change his ways. Hopefully he's learned from past mistakes. Martz is who he is. A retread stuck in his ways living off his success from over a decade ago. We can't afford to hire him.
Knapp was always a bad hire and has always been a bad coordinator. Martz has been good before. The 7 step drop needs to go but the guy can call plays and scheme well whether anyone here wants to admit it or not.

Mike Martz inability to scheme is the biggest reason why he's such a bad OC. He doesn't adjust to his own talent or the talent he's facing. I don't feel like wasting my time explaining what anyone that has a clue already knows about him.
I watched him in STL, DET, and Chicago. You don't know what you're talking about if you think he can't scheme a game to attack an opponent's weaknesses. You've done nothing but blindly hate on the guy while offering no support to your claims.

He was outstanding in St Louis. He brought a horrible Detroit team to an average offense, they went 0-16 after firing him. SF was a bad team in rough shape, should I remind you of how bad they were with Mike McCarthy? Chicago was a bad fit for his offense, he should have adjusted because that oline and Jay's attitude were glaring weaknesses but Forte did great and they still had an average at worst offense under him.

Now please, tell me again why he's bad beyond "his qb's get hurt and he doesn't run the ball" regardless of the fact Forte did so well under him in his most recent stint as OC.

2010:
30th yards
21st points
32nd sacks
27th 3rd pct

2011:
24th yards
24th points
27th sacks
27th 3rd pct

Average at worst...
tdon11

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Tacos"][quote="Darkness"][quote="Tacos"]
Darkness wrote:

Now please, tell me again why he's bad beyond "his qb's get hurt and he doesn't run the ball" regardless of the fact Forte did so well under him in his most recent stint as OC.

1. doesn't adjust to talent on team
2. doesn't adjust to opponet
3. doesn't adjust throughout games
4. doesn't allow quarterback to adjust at line ofscrimmage (audible)
5. alienates himself from head coach and much coaching staff
6. players don't respect him
7. hasn't been asked to stay more than 2 seasons with a team... in almost a decade
Tacos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Darkness wrote:

We said the same thing for Knapp. Hopefully he'll change his ways. Hopefully he's learned from past mistakes. Martz is who he is. A retread stuck in his ways living off his success from over a decade ago. We can't afford to hire him.
Knapp was always a bad hire and has always been a bad coordinator. Martz has been good before. The 7 step drop needs to go but the guy can call plays and scheme well whether anyone here wants to admit it or not.

Mike Martz inability to scheme is the biggest reason why he's such a bad OC. He doesn't adjust to his own talent or the talent he's facing. I don't feel like wasting my time explaining what anyone that has a clue already knows about him.
I watched him in STL, DET, and Chicago. You don't know what you're talking about if you think he can't scheme a game to attack an opponent's weaknesses. You've done nothing but blindly hate on the guy while offering no support to your claims.

He was outstanding in St Louis. He brought a horrible Detroit team to an average offense, they went 0-16 after firing him. SF was a bad team in rough shape, should I remind you of how bad they were with Mike McCarthy? Chicago was a bad fit for his offense, he should have adjusted because that oline and Jay's attitude were glaring weaknesses but Forte did great and they still had an average at worst offense under him.

2010:
30th yards
21st points
32nd sacks
27th 3rd pct

2011:
24th yards
24th points
27th sacks
27th 3rd pct

Average at worst...
Well they were 17th overall in total offense in 2011. I guess they did worse than I recall though.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Darkness wrote:

2010:
30th yards
21st points
32nd sacks
27th 3rd pct

2011:
24th yards
24th points
27th sacks
27th 3rd pct

Average at worst...
Well they were 17th overall in total offense in 2011. I guess they did worse than I recall though.

17th in points when you include the 6 TD's their D scored.
Chali21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Darkness wrote:

2010:
30th yards
21st points
32nd sacks
27th 3rd pct

2011:
24th yards
24th points
27th sacks
27th 3rd pct

Average at worst...

Sad when below average is a massive improvement for the team. :/
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Martz system just isn't effective anymore. While the NFL has become a passing league you still need balance. Martz is just like Knapp in the sense that he's stuck in his ways and is to stubborn to ever change. Regardless of what our personel is next season if Martz is our OC we're going to throw the ball fifty times a game.

We need an offensive coordinator that is creative and can adjust to our personel. I wish we could hire a guy like Greg Roman.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pHaT_dEsI wrote:
If Martz is hired, we might as well start trading Meyers, Ausberry, and Gordon for some picks.

Gordon is our best blocking TE. He fits right into Martz's scheme. Myers is a free agent and Ausberry is worth nothing in the trade market.

Its just one interview and VERY early. Allen and Reggie will do their due diligence looking for an OC.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Dessie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

Sweet so we'll get to see Palmer pass the ball fifty times a game again next season.

And at least three int's a game.

Burgesskills wrote:

Why are there so many haters/negative posters around here. We all root for the same team and want the same things.

My bad, I meant this a poke/joke and after posting thought "I should add a lol, or some silly face, but people will get it"...I ahould have known someone would have been up in arms about it and Tagg would inject his ignorance.

I meant it as a poke....

Yeah course it was, with you being the poster boy for being a positive poster, I should have realised. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
#clueless
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
pHaT_dEsI wrote:

Gordon is our best blocking TE. He fits right into Martz's scheme. Myers is a free agent and Ausberry is worth nothing in the trade market.

Its just one interview and VERY early. Allen and Reggie will do their due diligence looking for an OC.

A few points:

Martz doesn't use TEs much at all. His goal is to spread the field and TEs/more blocking prevents this.

This interview IS telling. There is no way Allen or McKenzie is looking at Pryor and considering bringing Martz. Deductive reasoning suggests neither is thinking about developing Pryor. They are thinking Palmer is their best chance to win (whether that's realistic or not depends on your opinion about Palmer). And it's highly unlikely Palmer is cut. Who brings in Martz without a QB? However, the bright side is won't matter much because if they go down the Martz road this staff probably won't be in Oakland a year from now.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
i guess martz is better than knapp but thats not saying a lot

That's like saying you'd rather drink pee than eat poop.

Hahahahaha!!!

My kids would LOVE that answer. Poop always gets a laugh. Laughing

Raider X hooked me with the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: