Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Break from Coaching Talk Mock Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Break from Coaching Talk Mock Offseason Reply with quote

Re-signings

DT Henry Melton [5 years 37.5 million/17guaranteed]

OG Lance Louis [4 years 14 million/4 guarateed]

LB Brian Urlacher [1 year 4 million]

LB Nick Roach

CB Kelvin Hayden

OT John Scott

DE Isreal Idonije

Cuts

TE Kellen Davis [2.4 million]
WR Devin Hester [1.9 million]

Free Agents

OG Andy Levitre [Buffalo] 5 years 35 million/15 guaranteed

The Bears worst spot on the line was LG and Levitre is an elite LG that can also play C. He will also cost about 3-4 million less that a top LT while being a better player at his position.

LB Akeem Jordan [Philadelphia]

LB depth behind Briggs and Urlacher who are aging.

QB Matt Moore [Miami]

A solid back up QB that has always been able to keep the train on the tracks when forced into duty.

Draft

*Trade* The Chicago Bears trade 1[20] to the Seatle Seahawks for 1[26] and 3[90].

1[26] OT Lane Johnson [OU] 6'7" 305lbs.

The Bears are never going to be picking top 10 so they cannot get a LT in the draft that can start immediately.

The Bears may not be able to sign a franchise LT because they do not become free agents and they may not want to pay big money to an average LT like Bushrod.

So to get a really good starting LT they will need to draft someone high and develop them. This might mean that Webb starts the season at LT, but Johnson will take over when he is ready and Webb will go to LT.

Johnson is the Nate Solder of this draft. He is a former QB and TE and he has great size, movement skills and long arms to become an elite LT and he is further along than Nate Solder was. Solder was dominated his Senior year by Aldon Smith, while Landon Johnson shut down Texas A&Ms Demontre Moore in the Cotton Bowl.

2[51] TE Travis Kelce [Cincinnati] 6'5" 265lbs.

Kellen Davis is the worst starter on the Bears team and that says a lot with their OL and once he is released and with Emery wanting to be better in the middle of the field they need to draft a TE. Kelce may not be a Jimmy Graham type athlete, but he is a solid pass blocker, pass catcher and he has enough speed to be a threat. Kelce reminds me a lot of Jason Witten.

3[90] LB Jon Bostic [Florida] 6'1" 245lbs.

The Bears re-sign Urlacher for 1 season and draft a player who has good speed and leadership ability ability to replace him down the road. Bostic can learn from a great middle LB and provide quality depth.

4. C Braxston Cave [Notre Dame] 6'3" 302lbs.

A physical and mean center that I think can play in either a power or zone blocking scheme he was the leader of a good OL at Notre Dame and he can compete with Garza at C and provide quality depth.

5. WR Lanear Sampson [Baylor] 5'11" 205lbs.

I really think that Hester needs a new start and the Bears need some speed in the passing game. Sampson is the poor man's Kendall Wright and he has the speed to get deep and open things up for others.

6. CB Sheldon Price [UCLA] 6'2" 200lbs.

Price is a big physical CB that might not have the speed to play in every system, but Price fills the need for a big CB to develop behind Tillman while adding to special teams.

Depth Chart

QB: Cutler, Moore
RB: Forte, Bush, Allen, Rodriguez
WR: Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Sampson, Weems, Anderson
TE: Kelce, Spaeth, Adams
LT: Webb/Johnson
LG: Levitre, Brown
C: Garza, Cave
RG: Louis
RT: Scott/Carimi

RE: Peppers, McClellin
DT: Melton, Collins
NT: Paea, Toenia
LE: Wootton, Idonije
SLB: Roach, Jordan, Costanzo,
MLB: Urlacher, Bostic
WLB: Briggs, Thomas
CB: Tillman, Jennings, Hayden, Price, Frey, McManis
FS: Conte, Hardin
SS: Wright, Steltz

Last edited by WindyCity on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More then I'd want to spend on Urlacher or Levitre. Overall I like it though.
ChiSportsFan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Kelce, but I can't see him going in the second. I see him going in the 3rd or 4th.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the draft but there is ZERO chance that Melton signs a 5-year extension with less in guarantees than the franchise tag.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
I like the draft but there is ZERO chance that Melton signs a 5-year extension with less in guarantees than the franchise tag.

Yeah maybe put a 1 in front of the 7…

As for the offseason I would love to pick up Levitre & Moore…I would be cool with Johnson at that spot…trading down and getting an extra pick while picking up an OT wouldn’t be a bad thing…I’m high on Kelce but not in the 2nd…3rd or 4th round I would jump on him or Escobar…Bostic isn’t one of my favourite prospects but I would be ok with him…Cave would be good depth inside…Sampson could rise at the combine…I like Price for our scheme.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:

Typo sorry
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Typo sorry

Yeah thought it might have been.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
ConVict90

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this mock quite a bit.. good work son!
TD: 7
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicely done

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
bears2308

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather see us snag one of the many TE's available in free agency and use our 2nd on a linebacker. Other then that, great mock.
RTD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: response Reply with quote

Very well thought out Windy City. Not sure Emery will put that much cash in the OG spot, signing the FA and Louis, but you make a good argument for doing it. And with the lack of day one starter LOTs coming out in this draft we very well may have to draft one early and coach him up.
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jared Cook will be getting franchise tagged so take him out of any equation that some of you may have. I will say however, I would love Travis Kelce but I'm quite keen on Gavin Escobar and if we could pull off that trade, I would think we would take him Escobar in the third and possibly take Khaseem Greene or Arthur Brown in the 2nd round.

Anyway, just an observation. I'd love Levitre and Matt Moore, though. I don't know a whole lot about Lane Johnson other than what I've read.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
Jared Cook will be getting franchise tagged so take him out of any equation that some of you may have. I will say however, I would love Travis Kelce but I'm quite keen on Gavin Escobar and if we could pull off that trade, I would think we would take him Escobar in the third and possibly take Khaseem Greene or Arthur Brown in the 2nd round.

Anyway, just an observation. I'd love Levitre and Matt Moore, though. I don't know a whole lot about Lane Johnson other than what I've read.

Have you hacked my laptop Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: