Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dark Ops early, early mock draft 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark ops

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Dark Ops early, early mock draft 2013 Reply with quote

Let me know what u guys think.

1) Kevin Minter, ILB LSU
2) Oday Aboushi, OT Virginia
3) Ryan Swope, WR Texas A & M
4) William Gholston, DE Michigan
5) A.J. Klein , LB Iowa State
6) Michael Buchanan, DE/OLB Illinois
7) Derek Carr , QB Fresno State

comp picks
4th round - Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
5th round - Shawn Williams, S, Georgia
6th round - Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it. Like ALOT. But it's unrealistic. Aboushi is probably going 1st round. Almost no way he falls to late second. Derek Carr announced he is going back to school. I think he is 1st round next year. I'd be shocked if Andrew Jackson falls to the 4th.

Free Ray Rice
drd23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would absolutely love that to happen, but I think that there is a very small chance it would.

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first 3 picks seem realistic but after that there's a lot of hoping involved. There's no way that Buchanan falls that far unless serious medical and/or character issues come out in the evaluations. Gholston is probably a top 80ish pick (not my homerism coming through, I'm actually not a big fan of him). I could see Klein falling a bit given the depth of this ILB class but if I had to pick somebody for that role it would be Nico Johnson. And I still wouldn't want him.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... No way a borderline elite pass protector like Oday Aboushi falls to the end of the 2nd round unless he runs like a 5.6 in his 40 yard dash and then bech presses 225 lbs like 15 times. The guy isn't falling any further than probably the mid-2nd. That being said, if we're including potential comp selections... I'd like us to trade a 4th to move up in the 2nd to grab Aboushi.

I like Minter as a player... But I'd still rather we take Arthur Brown. The guy looks like the best combination of athleticism and instincts in this class IMO. That and our front office seems to prefer senior players when making their earlier selections- guys that are proven contributors for multiple seasons. But yeah, Minter certainly is a nice consolation. He knows how to attack the LOS... And I think that's a trait of elite ILBs at the next level... He has the potential to become one if he continues to improve.

Not the most familiar with Ryan Swope, so I'll defer. William Gholston is probably unlikely to fall past the 3rd round simply because of his athleticism and a team likely falling in love with how potential.

AJ Klein is my 3rd rated ILB in this class to this point. I think even the most optimistic outlook would be that he falls to the 3rd round. I honestly think this guy is being drastically underrated in the process by draftnicks/mockers... Probably because he doesn't have much tape to see online unless you look up offensive skill players playing against his team.

Michael Buchanan isn't falling that far unless he makes it rain in the club and beats on someone. He's simply too athletic and long and his potential is too great. I can't see him falling past the middle 3rd and with a great offseason he could rise all the way back up to a fringe 1st round guy IMO.

Not familiar with Carr.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a "name" player in every round it's time for your defection to Cinci.
Dark ops

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the feedback guys appreciate it Cool

i guess if i were to edit it to be even more realistic it would be :

1) Kevin Minter , ILB lsu
*trade up to top half of 2nd round
2) Oday Aboushi, OT Virginia
3) Ryan Swope, WR Texas A & M
4)Michael Buchanan, DE/OLB Illinois
5) A.J. Klein , LB Iowa State
6) Kenneth Tate , S Maryland
7) Denard Robinson, QB/RB/WR Michigan

comp picks
5th round - Shawn Williams, S, Georgia
6th round - Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: