Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Solving the QB question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Step 1) Sign Vick

Step 2) Install the Pistol Offense

Step 3) Party like it's 1999 and make the playoffs

Step 4) Don't sign Vick to $100 million dollar contract after one post season appearance in the off-season

Step 5-7) Come back with adding more pieces around him and drafting a QB of the future, and be a legitimate title contender

The difference between Vick and say Newton, Kaepernick, RG3 and Wilson is that the latter are:

a) run first guys
b) know how to read a defense
c) a threat to throw
d) are younger, healthier (to a degree) and capable of running a pistol or option offense

Vick is old, injury prone and does not appear to be a good teammate. Is that really someone you want on this roster "leading the team" ? I sure don't. And I know Marrone wants nothing to do with him either.
BBIB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Step 1) Sign Vick

Step 4) Don't sign Vick to $100 million dollar contract after one post season appearance in the off-season

Step 5-7) Come back with adding more pieces around him and drafting a QB of the future, and be a legitimate title contender

The difference between Vick and say Newton, Kaepernick, RG3 and Wilson is that the latter are:

a) run first guys
c) a threat to throw
d) are younger, healthier (to a degree) and capable of running a pistol or option offense

Vick is old, injury prone and does not appear to be a good teammate. Is that really someone you want on this roster "leading the team" ? I sure don't. And I know Marrone wants nothing to do with him either.

Vick may not have given a politically correct answer to end the season but there are plenty of QBs we would commend for brutal honesty just off of reputation

Remember when Peyton Manning said he had "protection problems?"

And it's not that Vick called out play, he called out their effort. I know ironic considering Vick had a JaMarcus Russell level work ethic in Atlanta

But by all accounts Vick is the first guy there, last guy to Eagles facility

Problem with Vick may be square peg, round hole considering the type of offense he's been his whole career.

I'm not saying he would be the option for the next 8-10 years but he could certainly have 4-5 years left in the tank.

Just as long as he wears that kevlar vest to protect those ribs.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Step 1) Sign Vick

a) run first guys
c) a threat to throw

Vick may not have given a politically correct answer to end the season but there are plenty of QBs we would commend for brutal honesty just off of reputation

Remember when Peyton Manning said he had "protection problems?"

And it's not that Vick called out play, he called out their effort. I know ironic considering Vick had a JaMarcus Russell level work ethic in Atlanta

But by all accounts Vick is the first guy there, last guy to Eagles facility

Problem with Vick may be square peg, round hole considering the type of offense he's been his whole career.

I'm not saying he would be the option for the next 8-10 years but he could certainly have 4-5 years left in the tank.

Just as long as he wears that kevlar vest to protect those ribs.

Michael Vick isn't done in this league IMO , not sure he considers Buffalo. Still certain we get Nassib tho
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignoring his abilities (or lack there of)...link to his current contract:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/michael-vick/

The good news is that only $3 mil is guaranteed next year. The other part of the equation though is that it would cost the Eagles over $7 mil to dump him and that contract. That's not an easy pill to swallow and is questionable logic if he is "so good", as some here allege. Further, we certainly shouldn't trade any picks/players to the Eagles for a QB rated #28 (Fitz was rated at #24).

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

All this talk about acquiring a currently 32 year old Vick makes no sense to me, especially when Flacco (rated #17 and 28 years old) is a UFA.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
Ignoring his abilities (or lack there of)...link to his current contract:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/michael-vick/

The good news is that only $3 mil is guaranteed next year. The other part of the equation though is that it would cost the Eagles over $7 mil to dump him and that contract. That's not an easy pill to swallow and is questionable logic if he is "so good", as some here allege. Further, we certainly shouldn't trade any picks/players to the Eagles for a QB rated #28 (Fitz was rated at #24).

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

All this talk about acquiring a currently 32 year old Vick makes no sense to me, especially when Flacco (rated #17 and 28 years old) is a UFA.

I agree with you 100%, but there are people (on here and elsewhere) that still believe it would be a good idea. Makes no sense to me either though...
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think we are just going to stick with Fitz and draft a QB to sit for a year. I dont see us going out and getting a FA or trading for a vet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
I really think we are just going to stick with Fitz and draft a QB to sit for a year. I dont see us going out and getting a FA or trading for a vet.

I think that's what we're going to do as well, and I'm ok with it. Fitz will be a good mentor for a young guy to learn under.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

I think that's what we're going to do as well, and I'm ok with it. Fitz will be a good mentor for a young guy to learn under.

I am on board for this idea as well. I think Fitz will possibly be playing a little more loose this season with Gailey and Lee gone. Not to mention we cant over look the fact that Stevie puts up great numbers with Fitzy at the helm.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

I am on board for this idea as well. I think Fitz will possibly be playing a little more loose this season with Gailey and Lee gone. Not to mention we cant over look the fact that Stevie puts up great numbers with Fitzy at the helm.
Also, I think we will run the ball more with the new coaching staff.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe all the Vick talk will stop now that Chip Kelly took the HC job in Philly.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Maybe all the Vick talk will stop now that Chip Kelly took the HC job in Philly.
One can only hope lol. 2 years ago this Vick talk would have been welcomed on this forum ... not today though

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too agree that we will keep fitz, mostly due to money we owe him and a difference of 500k to keep him or release him. If we can get millner, Jarvis Jones, or teo on rd 1, the nassib or beat qb in rd 2, then finish with best we available, then that's a fantastic draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: