Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nightmare Scenario...
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5185
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice quandry Dez, I have given this some thought and decided to go outside the box seeing as we cannot trade back.

Without Warmack and I believe we can get other Guards and OLB in the second round similar in talent to ones we would to reach for at 7, i am going with....

EIFERT TE NOTRE DAME

Massive over reach however it,

Impacts our team from day 1, he can block pretty good, massive size, gives Kolb or whoever our QB is a nice target from day 1, also pushes Housler out from the LOS where I think he plays better as a half back/wide receiver anyway.

Feel free to mock me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Nice quandry Dez, I have given this some thought and decided to go outside the box seeing as we cannot trade back.

Without Warmack and I believe we can get other Guards and OLB in the second round similar in talent to ones we would to reach for at 7, i am going with....

EIFERT TE NOTRE DAME

Massive over reach however it,

Impacts our team from day 1, he can block pretty good, massive size, gives Kolb or whoever our QB is a nice target from day 1, also pushes Housler out from the LOS where I think he plays better as a half back/wide receiver anyway.

Feel free to mock me.


I would love Eifert in the 2nd, but i doubt he lasts to #38.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12772
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion Jordan is growing on me as long as he's around 250lbs at the Combine. I'm sure he'll blow the athletic drills away and boost his stock. His body has the frame that will be perfect for a pass rusher in 2-3 years. He'll probably struggle against NFL OL but the ceiling is top 10 high.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52981
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Dion Jordan is growing on me as long as he's around 250lbs at the Combine. I'm sure he'll blow the athletic drills away and boost his stock. His body has the frame that will be perfect for a pass rusher in 2-3 years. He'll probably struggle against NFL OL but the ceiling is top 10 high.


He's got what I believe is a torn labrum. Pulled out of the Senior Bowl and is probably questionable for the combine/pro day stuff.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Dion Jordan is growing on me as long as he's around 250lbs at the Combine. I'm sure he'll blow the athletic drills away and boost his stock. His body has the frame that will be perfect for a pass rusher in 2-3 years. He'll probably struggle against NFL OL but the ceiling is top 10 high.


He's got what I believe is a torn labrum. Pulled out of the Senior Bowl and is probably questionable for the combine/pro day stuff.


he's had a bunch of nagging injuries until this which is pretty big. I'd pass and go Mingo instead (if it was a choice between OLB)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Conquest8089


Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 2699
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare Scenario- Bob Lamonte now controls the Arizona Cardinals.
_________________
I'm The guy who got shunned on FFs for arguing J.J. Watt should be selected 1st Overall in the 2011 Draft. I also thought Gabe Carimi would be a Perennial Pro Bowler. Live & Learn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52981
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Nightmare Scenario- Bob Lamonte now controls the Arizona Cardinals.


Steve Keim's agent, we're all to familiar with Mr. Lamonte.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Cusi10 wrote:
William Gay isnt that great, toler hasnt lived up to the hype. Adub may be gone and even if back is a shell, do we extend kerry?, Rashad johnson is a FA and his play hasnt been spectatcular, james sanders is ok. Millner at 7 is a good pick and you could even play around with peterson in some saftey sets.


1 - Why on earth mess with one of a handful of cornerbacks in the league who can play man coverage, trail technique, without safety help by using him at safety. That would be a gross, gross mismanagement of player personnel.

2 - Adrian is not going anywhere

3 - Kerry is around for 2013 at least and if we are worried about him leaving we look to bring in a safety, not a corner.

3 - Toler hasn't lived up to the hype? 13 catches allowed on 41 targets not quite good enough for you? Toler is a good man coverage guy who fits will within the schematics of this defense, playing outside man coverage in nickel and dime sets.

4 - Gay isn't great, yeah, but you cannot get "great" players at every position, Gay is a solid #2/3 guy who can play the slot well. He also allowed just 40 catches and 1 TD all season.


Is that true? If so, he's a must resign.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5185
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toler played well this year

Not great, but well.

Money is the issue, for under $2 mil per year, sign the man for long time, we can do alot worse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50829
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:
Nightmare Scenario- Bob Lamonte now controls the Arizona Cardinals.


Steve Keim's agent, we're all to familiar with Mr. Lamonte.


Enlighten me? I mean I know he used the team to get leverage for Andy Reid, but anything else?

Note - Lamonte is also agent to Mike McCoy and Jay Gruden.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52981
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:
Nightmare Scenario- Bob Lamonte now controls the Arizona Cardinals.


Steve Keim's agent, we're all to familiar with Mr. Lamonte.


Enlighten me? I mean I know he used the team to get leverage for Andy Reid, but anything else?

Note - Lamonte is also agent to Mike McCoy and Jay Gruden.


Tried to rail us on Keim. Don't blame him, that's his job I'm just saying, he was incredibly difficult to deal with and if you believe Jurecki, he could have blown the Keim thing altogether.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50829
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Tried to rail us on Keim. Don't blame him, that's his job I'm just saying, he was incredibly difficult to deal with and if you believe Jurecki, he could have blown the Keim thing altogether.


Interesting then that one of our top HC candidates has him as an agent.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52981
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Jurecki, Lamonte is quote "the Scott Boras of football coaches" and is a royal pain in the you know what.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Per Jurecki, Lamonte is quote "the Scott Boras of football coaches" and is a royal pain in the you know what.


im a baseball fan too so i definitely know that Boras is a pain. He gets big deals for his clients, definitely more than theyre worth
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52981
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Per Jurecki, Lamonte is quote "the Scott Boras of football coaches" and is a royal pain in the you know what.


im a baseball fan too so i definitely know that Boras is a pain. He gets big deals for his clients, definitely more than theyre worth


Yup. In that respect, even though it sucks for us fans, I can't knock the guy. He's doing his job and he's obviously doing it well, can't knock anyone for that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group