Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Question Regarding Carson Palmer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
La_Vader wrote:
For Pryor lack of ability to throw, he scored three touchdowns in the rain, didn't get sacked, moved the chains on key plays, provided hope for the team, all within a couple of days of being named starter

Let me tell you what really happened:

He scored 1 TD when the game was w/in real reach
He scored 2 TDs in garbage time to make the score look better
Prior to the 4th quarter (when we could assume garbage time started) he went three and out about 70% of the drives

So, while he did have 3 TDs, I can do the same w/ Palmer almost all year but you'd just bring up garbage time so I figured I'd so the same, and he wasn't very effective most of the game.... at all. In fact, he had one drive that was a 6 and out so it's not like he was "moving the chains" etc etc. He wasn't effective... at all.

I usually stay out of your Pryor conversations/rants because I know you don't like the kid. But garbage time? We were one onside kick away from having a chance to win the thing. I would call garbage time scoring in a double digit loss in the 20's.

LOL so being down 17 w/ 13 minutes to go isn't garbage time? He's also lucky we blocked that punt to give him an extremely short field also. So, yes, it was garbage time when he started the fourth quarter. Let's just not think about the first three quarters when discussing this game. Pro-Pryor people don't seem to like to do that b/c he wasn't any good... at all.

Not only this, DOCLEW, this is a subtle mock to the crap we heard all season from anti Palmer people. In fact, one of the brilliant minds we have said that Palmer was racking up garbage time stats in the 2nd quarter b/c we were down 20 already. So using their logic, this was far, far into garbage time.

Pryor did put some passes on the money that could have kept the drives going, if he could improve his throwing this offseason try preparing for a 6'6 freak runner and a improved passer
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Tamby wrote:
I can't stand when people hate on Palmer, he is without a doubt the best QB we've had since Gannon. Last year in Hue Jack's offense considering how he came off the couch to play quarterback for us he did phenomenal (1 week to learn playbook, no Mcfadden, no defense). The WRs got much more involved once he stepped in for Campbell.

This year knapp just plain F'd us. Our run game was worse and so was our defense, yet he still put up pretty good numbers. Palmer isn't the most mobile of quarterbacks but he made some tough throws under pressure that guys like J Cam, etc would have crumbled.

It also doesn't help that the players didn't buy into what Knapp was selling, that definitely hurt our production.

For Palmer our run was actually better than last year.

I think all that Guinness must have gone to your head dude Laughing

I 100% hope Pryor has a long and successful career as a Raider QB but it seems that some Pryor supporters will just say anything to degrade Palmer. Carson Palmer did a good job this year in terrible circumstances and should start next year, hopefully Pryor is ready to take over in 2014 after being around CP and learning the nuances of pocket passing from Palmer.

This. And I wouldnt mind Pryor this next year but not because he is better than Palmer. Mainly if we were able to get a trade and get out of the salary so we can build a better team unit.
dante9876

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
La_Vader wrote:
For Pryor lack of ability to throw, he scored three touchdowns in the rain, didn't get sacked, moved the chains on key plays, provided hope for the team, all within a couple of days of being named starter

Prior to the 4th quarter (when we could assume garbage time started) he went three and out about 70% of the drives

So, while he did have 3 TDs, I can do the same w/ Palmer almost all year but you'd just bring up garbage time so I figured I'd so the same, and he wasn't very effective most of the game.... at all. In fact, he had one drive that was a 6 and out so it's not like he was "moving the chains" etc etc. He wasn't effective... at all.

thats my point we get the same results with tp or cp its just tp cost 10 mill less.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Hardly b/c he didn't even make sense w/ his response to the context of what he quoted. And what he said isn't true. Anyone who thinks Pryor is on Palmer's level has to reevaluate things and actually WATCH games.

The end results is losses. Thats all I know. I rather pay 8 to 10 mill less when it may cost us 1 or 2 wins in the long run in a lossing season. Im going to chalk this up as we disagree with how far the team is away and how long it is going to take to be competitive again. If you believe that we have a shot at playoffs or even an 8 win season next year I really have no problem with rolling with Palmer. I dont believe we are that close at all and we have alot of work to do and funds can be spent better than commiting 20 mill to a QB who isnt elite and can not lead a bad team any where.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:

The end results is losses. Thats all I know. I rather pay 8 to 10 mill less when it may cost us 1 or 2 wins in the long run in a lossing season. Im going to chalk this up as we disagree with how far the team is away and how long it is going to take to be competitive again. If you believe that we have a shot at playoffs or even an 8 win season next year I really have no problem with rolling with Palmer. I dont believe we are that close at all and we have alot of work to do and funds can be spent better than commiting 20 mill to a QB who isnt elite and can not lead a bad team any where.

I do think we can achieve that given a good off-season. We'll see though. I don't think we're as far off as the norm. We will need a new QB soon but not right now. I'd much rather draft a guy next season, have him sit under Palmer for a year if even that, then start him two years down the line. I think by then, we could have both lines ready to go as well as a much better team all around. I do believe, regardless, that w/ Palmer we can be competitive next year. If we start Pryor, we're laying down.

PM sig requests.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
La_Vader wrote:

thats my point we get the same results with tp or cp its just tp cost 10 mill less.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Hardly b/c he didn't even make sense w/ his response to the context of what he quoted. And what he said isn't true. Anyone who thinks Pryor is on Palmer's level has to reevaluate things and actually WATCH games.

bottom line lol literally

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I usually stay out of your Pryor conversations/rants because I know you don't like the kid. But garbage time? We were one onside kick away from having a chance to win the thing. I would call garbage time scoring in a double digit loss in the 20's.

LOL so being down 17 w/ 13 minutes to go isn't garbage time? He's also lucky we blocked that punt to give him an extremely short field also. So, yes, it was garbage time when he started the fourth quarter. Let's just not think about the first three quarters when discussing this game. Pro-Pryor people don't seem to like to do that b/c he wasn't any good... at all.

Not only this, DOCLEW, this is a subtle mock to the crap we heard all season from anti Palmer people. In fact, one of the brilliant minds we have said that Palmer was racking up garbage time stats in the 2nd quarter b/c we were down 20 already. So using their logic, this was far, far into garbage time.

Tagg, I love how you continually try to tell people don't bother, there's no hope, don't waste your keystrokes....really though, it's all you.

Lucky we blocked a punt? If Palmer had been starting, I'd be willing to bet my house/car he would have got 3 on the board at best...down 17 with 13 minutes to go? That is not garbage time, we scored 14 pretty quickly....he played well when it mattered most.

How evident does it have to get to see Palmer is not leading this team any where? He has been around for a long time and is 0-2 in the post season. Continue to make excuses for him.
m52876

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is interesting. Do the Palmer haters realize he put up the second most yards of Raiders QB in team history last year and the 5th highest completion percentage? These numbers are consistent with his 28 and 32 TD seasons with Cincy, when he was considered an elite QB in league. This with no running game to balance the offense, a career backup tight end as his #1 receiver, and a defense that was hardly helping the field position cause.

On the other hand, Allen noted that TP still struggles to get the offense in and out of the huddle and make a play call. That is some basic stuff. The sort of stuff that calls into question your ability to even make a team. Can't memorize the playbook and people are talking about an open competition? Seriously?
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

m52876 wrote:
This thread is interesting. Do the Palmer haters realize he put up the second most yards of Raiders QB in team history last year and the 5th highest completion percentage? These numbers are consistent with his 28 and 32 TD seasons with Cincy, when he was considered an elite QB in league. This with no running game to balance the offense, a career backup tight end as his #1 receiver, and a defense that was hardly helping the field position cause.

On the other hand, Allen noted that TP still struggles to get the offense in and out of the huddle and make a play call. That is some basic stuff. The sort of stuff that calls into question your ability to even make a team. Can't memorize the playbook and people are talking about an open competition? Seriously?
You really posting this now? Allen is giving Pryor a chance to compete to start next season, where you been? Or does JTagg have you brainwashed too.

OUR FUTURE PREMIERE LT!!
Mad props to Silver&Black88 on the sig.
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it's already been mentioned but what the hell.

Carson's cap situation is tricky. He WILL be here next season. I believe Pryor sits under him another 1-2 years. No way we waste any draft picks on a QB this year. We have 99 problems but a QB ain't one, know what I mean? We build with the draft.

[quote="RaidersAreOne"]BlackWidow is a chick? Everything makes so much more sense all of a sudden.[/quote]
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

think we should start CP this coming season, with TP up to the number 2 spot (hence getting more practise time)....then we see how ready TP is for the year after (if not we draft high)
Darbsk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackWidow wrote:

Carson's cap situation is tricky. He WILL be here next season. I believe Pryor sits under him another 1-2 years. No way we waste any draft picks on a QB this year. We have 99 problems but a QB ain't one, know what I mean? We build with the draft.

At this moment in time Palmer is our best QB, our best leader, our best chance of winning and it would also benefit Pryor to sit behind a pocket passer and learn the nuances of pocket passing from a vet. Pryor has gone on record saying how much he looks up to Palmer and views him as a kind of 'father figure' and someone he leans on for advice.

It's a win/win (aside from the high cap number). Pryor will be better from having learned from Palmer, though I think Pryor does have something about him and could potentially be a starting QB in the future, 1 to 2 years as you said.
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
BlackWidow wrote:

At this moment in time Palmer is our best QB, our best leader, our best chance of winning and it would also benefit Pryor to sit behind a pocket passer and learn the nuances of pocket passing from a vet. Pryor has gone on record saying how much he looks up to Palmer and views him as a kind of 'father figure' and someone he leans on for advice.

It's a win/win (aside from the high cap number). Pryor will be better from having learned from Palmer, though I think Pryor does have something about him and could potentially be a starting QB in the future, 1 to 2 years as you said.

I don't understand the Palmer haters. There's one on another message board I go to that is the most assanine raider fan I've ever seen. Lol

Anyway, I can't wait to see what Palmer & Co can do next season with more weapons.

[quote="RaidersAreOne"]BlackWidow is a chick? Everything makes so much more sense all of a sudden.[/quote]
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackWidow wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
BlackWidow wrote:

I don't understand the Palmer haters. There's one on another message board I go to that is the most assanine raider fan I've ever seen. Lol

Anyway, I can't wait to see what Palmer & Co can do next season with more weapons.

To be honest it's nearly unbearable here as well . . .
Darbsk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackWidow wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
BlackWidow wrote:

+1

I guess they can't see the wood (or forest) for the trees!
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really?

Oh for the love of Pete lol

Aghhhh guess we all can't agree on everything

At least 3 of us do though! Haha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: