Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Question Regarding Carson Palmer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tamby


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 77
Location: NY
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Tamby wrote:
I can't stand when people hate on Palmer, he is without a doubt the best QB we've had since Gannon. Last year in Hue Jack's offense considering how he came off the couch to play quarterback for us he did phenomenal (1 week to learn playbook, no Mcfadden, no defense). The WRs got much more involved once he stepped in for Campbell.

This year knapp just plain F'd us. Our run game was worse and so was our defense, yet he still put up pretty good numbers. Palmer isn't the most mobile of quarterbacks but he made some tough throws under pressure that guys like J Cam, etc would have crumbled.

It also doesn't help that the players didn't buy into what Knapp was selling, that definitely hurt our production.


A new poster with common sense? How about that.


Fo ril. I like it!


Ha thanks guys, been a hardcore fan for years its just time to start venting about this team with others
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11005
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamby wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Tamby wrote:
I can't stand when people hate on Palmer, he is without a doubt the best QB we've had since Gannon. Last year in Hue Jack's offense considering how he came off the couch to play quarterback for us he did phenomenal (1 week to learn playbook, no Mcfadden, no defense). The WRs got much more involved once he stepped in for Campbell.

This year knapp just plain F'd us. Our run game was worse and so was our defense, yet he still put up pretty good numbers. Palmer isn't the most mobile of quarterbacks but he made some tough throws under pressure that guys like J Cam, etc would have crumbled.

It also doesn't help that the players didn't buy into what Knapp was selling, that definitely hurt our production.


A new poster with common sense? How about that.


Fo ril. I like it!


Ha thanks guys, been a hardcore fan for years its just time to start venting about this team with others


We all like to vent! That's for damn sure. It's just good to see someone vent that isn't naive as to what is going on. Most of us appreciate it haha. We'll always be divided to some sort though. At first it was pro-Al to no-Al now it's pro-Palmer to no-Palmer haha. At least in recent times. It's all in good fun though. No one here has any legit beef w/ one-another. When it boils down to it, we're all fans of the same team we just view the problems differently.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 5569
Location: CA-TX
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamby wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Tamby wrote:
I can't stand when people hate on Palmer, he is without a doubt the best QB we've had since Gannon. Last year in Hue Jack's offense considering how he came off the couch to play quarterback for us he did phenomenal (1 week to learn playbook, no Mcfadden, no defense). The WRs got much more involved once he stepped in for Campbell.

This year knapp just plain F'd us. Our run game was worse and so was our defense, yet he still put up pretty good numbers. Palmer isn't the most mobile of quarterbacks but he made some tough throws under pressure that guys like J Cam, etc would have crumbled.

It also doesn't help that the players didn't buy into what Knapp was selling, that definitely hurt our production.



For Palmer our run was actually better than last year.


Not. Bush started to really wear down down the stretch, but his first 4 games after taking over for McFadden were better then anything we saw this season. And we were actually able to move the chains and score TD's with the running game. We had something like 4 rushing TD's all season? Laughing


Yes exactly, we were a JOKE on offense this year and its a shame because our offense is what carried this team to .500 last year. We actually made PLAYS on offense last year, we were super aggressive, and were in a lot of competitive games. Watching games last year us fans could actually have confidence in our offense to score points and stay in ball games.

Everyone loves to hate on Hue Jackson but the fact is when Hue Jackson hasn't been running our offense the most games we've won since 2003 is five.


Agreed. We underachieved big time on offense. Very disappointing.

Welcome to the forum btw.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14333
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Tamby wrote:
I can't stand when people hate on Palmer, he is without a doubt the best QB we've had since Gannon. Last year in Hue Jack's offense considering how he came off the couch to play quarterback for us he did phenomenal (1 week to learn playbook, no Mcfadden, no defense). The WRs got much more involved once he stepped in for Campbell.

This year knapp just plain F'd us. Our run game was worse and so was our defense, yet he still put up pretty good numbers. Palmer isn't the most mobile of quarterbacks but he made some tough throws under pressure that guys like J Cam, etc would have crumbled.

It also doesn't help that the players didn't buy into what Knapp was selling, that definitely hurt our production.


A new poster with common sense? How about that.


why is its only/always common sense if they agree with your argument? Laughing
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14333
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
La_Vader wrote:
For Pryor lack of ability to throw, he scored three touchdowns in the rain, didn't get sacked, moved the chains on key plays, provided hope for the team, all within a couple of days of being named starter


Let me tell you what really happened:

He scored 1 TD when the game was w/in real reach
He scored 2 TDs in garbage time to make the score look better
Prior to the 4th quarter (when we could assume garbage time started) he went three and out about 70% of the drives

So, while he did have 3 TDs, I can do the same w/ Palmer almost all year but you'd just bring up garbage time so I figured I'd so the same, and he wasn't very effective most of the game.... at all. In fact, he had one drive that was a 6 and out so it's not like he was "moving the chains" etc etc. He wasn't effective... at all.


thats my point we get the same results with tp or cp its just tp cost 10 mill less.
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 20548
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
La_Vader wrote:
For Pryor lack of ability to throw, he scored three touchdowns in the rain, didn't get sacked, moved the chains on key plays, provided hope for the team, all within a couple of days of being named starter


Let me tell you what really happened:

He scored 1 TD when the game was w/in real reach
He scored 2 TDs in garbage time to make the score look better
Prior to the 4th quarter (when we could assume garbage time started) he went three and out about 70% of the drives

So, while he did have 3 TDs, I can do the same w/ Palmer almost all year but you'd just bring up garbage time so I figured I'd so the same, and he wasn't very effective most of the game.... at all. In fact, he had one drive that was a 6 and out so it's not like he was "moving the chains" etc etc. He wasn't effective... at all.


thats my point we get the same results with tp or cp its just tp cost 10 mill less.


Winner winner chicken dinner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 31844
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Tamby wrote:
I can't stand when people hate on Palmer, he is without a doubt the best QB we've had since Gannon. Last year in Hue Jack's offense considering how he came off the couch to play quarterback for us he did phenomenal (1 week to learn playbook, no Mcfadden, no defense). The WRs got much more involved once he stepped in for Campbell.

This year knapp just plain F'd us. Our run game was worse and so was our defense, yet he still put up pretty good numbers. Palmer isn't the most mobile of quarterbacks but he made some tough throws under pressure that guys like J Cam, etc would have crumbled.

It also doesn't help that the players didn't buy into what Knapp was selling, that definitely hurt our production.


A new poster with common sense? How about that.


why is its only/always common sense if they agree with your argument? Laughing


Well, if that's the case then I guess you're indirectly saying that I have common sense. Thanks homeboy Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nodisrespect


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 3524
Location: in the present
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Tamby wrote:
I can't stand when people hate on Palmer, he is without a doubt the best QB we've had since Gannon. Last year in Hue Jack's offense considering how he came off the couch to play quarterback for us he did phenomenal (1 week to learn playbook, no Mcfadden, no defense). The WRs got much more involved once he stepped in for Campbell.

This year knapp just plain F'd us. Our run game was worse and so was our defense, yet he still put up pretty good numbers. Palmer isn't the most mobile of quarterbacks but he made some tough throws under pressure that guys like J Cam, etc would have crumbled.

It also doesn't help that the players didn't buy into what Knapp was selling, that definitely hurt our production.


A new poster with common sense? How about that.


why is its only/always common sense if they agree with your argument? Laughing


Well, if that's the case then I guess you're indirectly saying that I have common sense. Thanks homeboy Cool
Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DOCLEW 28


Joined: 10 Nov 2006
Posts: 10789
Location: East Oakland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
La_Vader wrote:
For Pryor lack of ability to throw, he scored three touchdowns in the rain, didn't get sacked, moved the chains on key plays, provided hope for the team, all within a couple of days of being named starter


Let me tell you what really happened:

He scored 1 TD when the game was w/in real reach
He scored 2 TDs in garbage time to make the score look better
Prior to the 4th quarter (when we could assume garbage time started) he went three and out about 70% of the drives

So, while he did have 3 TDs, I can do the same w/ Palmer almost all year but you'd just bring up garbage time so I figured I'd so the same, and he wasn't very effective most of the game.... at all. In fact, he had one drive that was a 6 and out so it's not like he was "moving the chains" etc etc. He wasn't effective... at all.


I usually stay out of your Pryor conversations/rants because I know you don't like the kid. But garbage time? We were one onside kick away from having a chance to win the thing. I would call garbage time scoring in a double digit loss in the 20's.
_________________

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DOCLEW 28


Joined: 10 Nov 2006
Posts: 10789
Location: East Oakland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Tamby wrote:
I can't stand when people hate on Palmer, he is without a doubt the best QB we've had since Gannon. Last year in Hue Jack's offense considering how he came off the couch to play quarterback for us he did phenomenal (1 week to learn playbook, no Mcfadden, no defense). The WRs got much more involved once he stepped in for Campbell.

This year knapp just plain F'd us. Our run game was worse and so was our defense, yet he still put up pretty good numbers. Palmer isn't the most mobile of quarterbacks but he made some tough throws under pressure that guys like J Cam, etc would have crumbled.

It also doesn't help that the players didn't buy into what Knapp was selling, that definitely hurt our production.


A new poster with common sense? How about that.


why is its only/always common sense if they agree with your argument? Laughing


Well, if that's the case then I guess you're indirectly saying that I have common sense. Thanks homeboy Cool
Laughing


Jeez, you guys seriously crack me the hell up. LOL!!! Laughing
_________________

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dreadymatt


Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 1009
Location: Saturn
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like CP, but I don't like his salary hit for next year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darbsk


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 875
Location: Wales, UK
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Tamby wrote:
I can't stand when people hate on Palmer, he is without a doubt the best QB we've had since Gannon. Last year in Hue Jack's offense considering how he came off the couch to play quarterback for us he did phenomenal (1 week to learn playbook, no Mcfadden, no defense). The WRs got much more involved once he stepped in for Campbell.

This year knapp just plain F'd us. Our run game was worse and so was our defense, yet he still put up pretty good numbers. Palmer isn't the most mobile of quarterbacks but he made some tough throws under pressure that guys like J Cam, etc would have crumbled.

It also doesn't help that the players didn't buy into what Knapp was selling, that definitely hurt our production.



For Palmer our run was actually better than last year.


I think all that Guinness must have gone to your head dude Laughing

I 100% hope Pryor has a long and successful career as a Raider QB but it seems that some Pryor supporters will just say anything to degrade Palmer. Carson Palmer did a good job this year in terrible circumstances and should start next year, hopefully Pryor is ready to take over in 2014 after being around CP and learning the nuances of pocket passing from Palmer.
_________________
“It may take us a short while, but we'll get that nastiness of the Raiders back.”
Mr. Al Davis RIP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11005
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
La_Vader wrote:
For Pryor lack of ability to throw, he scored three touchdowns in the rain, didn't get sacked, moved the chains on key plays, provided hope for the team, all within a couple of days of being named starter


Let me tell you what really happened:

He scored 1 TD when the game was w/in real reach
He scored 2 TDs in garbage time to make the score look better
Prior to the 4th quarter (when we could assume garbage time started) he went three and out about 70% of the drives

So, while he did have 3 TDs, I can do the same w/ Palmer almost all year but you'd just bring up garbage time so I figured I'd so the same, and he wasn't very effective most of the game.... at all. In fact, he had one drive that was a 6 and out so it's not like he was "moving the chains" etc etc. He wasn't effective... at all.


thats my point we get the same results with tp or cp its just tp cost 10 mill less.


If you think Pryor is on Palmer's level, no one here can help you.

Honestly, I don't think you even finished my post after what you bold b/c what you said doesn't make sense....
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11005
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
La_Vader wrote:
For Pryor lack of ability to throw, he scored three touchdowns in the rain, didn't get sacked, moved the chains on key plays, provided hope for the team, all within a couple of days of being named starter


Let me tell you what really happened:

He scored 1 TD when the game was w/in real reach
He scored 2 TDs in garbage time to make the score look better
Prior to the 4th quarter (when we could assume garbage time started) he went three and out about 70% of the drives

So, while he did have 3 TDs, I can do the same w/ Palmer almost all year but you'd just bring up garbage time so I figured I'd so the same, and he wasn't very effective most of the game.... at all. In fact, he had one drive that was a 6 and out so it's not like he was "moving the chains" etc etc. He wasn't effective... at all.


thats my point we get the same results with tp or cp its just tp cost 10 mill less.


Winner winner chicken dinner.


Hardly b/c he didn't even make sense w/ his response to the context of what he quoted. And what he said isn't true. Anyone who thinks Pryor is on Palmer's level has to reevaluate things and actually WATCH games.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11005
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
La_Vader wrote:
For Pryor lack of ability to throw, he scored three touchdowns in the rain, didn't get sacked, moved the chains on key plays, provided hope for the team, all within a couple of days of being named starter


Let me tell you what really happened:

He scored 1 TD when the game was w/in real reach
He scored 2 TDs in garbage time to make the score look better
Prior to the 4th quarter (when we could assume garbage time started) he went three and out about 70% of the drives

So, while he did have 3 TDs, I can do the same w/ Palmer almost all year but you'd just bring up garbage time so I figured I'd so the same, and he wasn't very effective most of the game.... at all. In fact, he had one drive that was a 6 and out so it's not like he was "moving the chains" etc etc. He wasn't effective... at all.


I usually stay out of your Pryor conversations/rants because I know you don't like the kid. But garbage time? We were one onside kick away from having a chance to win the thing. I would call garbage time scoring in a double digit loss in the 20's.


LOL so being down 17 w/ 13 minutes to go isn't garbage time? He's also lucky we blocked that punt to give him an extremely short field also. So, yes, it was garbage time when he started the fourth quarter. Let's just not think about the first three quarters when discussing this game. Pro-Pryor people don't seem to like to do that b/c he wasn't any good... at all.

Not only this, DOCLEW, this is a subtle mock to the crap we heard all season from anti Palmer people. In fact, one of the brilliant minds we have said that Palmer was racking up garbage time stats in the 2nd quarter b/c we were down 20 already. So using their logic, this was far, far into garbage time.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group