Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Question Regarding Carson Palmer
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Question Regarding Carson Palmer Reply with quote

Do you guys see management cutting him and trading back in the draft and picking up a young QB to build around.

- Palmer has no ties to management since they fired Hue Jackson
- You're picking 3rd so you could move back and grab a 2,3,6 in the process depending on the suitor, say a team trades up for Bjoern Werner. It will give you guys some more picks and depth
- Palmer will also save you guys some money on the cap because I know he's got a huge hit in 2013

what do you think?

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'll end up restructuring his contract, take a pay cut, and be back in Oakland next season.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would me more than happy to do a sign and trade to the Jets for a 2nd rounder. Wink

Raider X hooked me with the sig
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
I would me more than happy to do a sign and trade to the Jets for a 2nd rounder. Wink

lol I feel bad that you guys dont have a 2nd because of that trade but again picking third could allow you guys to trade back and still draft a young QB later on(Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray). I think thats best to be honest

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

lol I feel bad that you guys dont have a 2nd because of that trade but again picking third could allow you guys to trade back and still draft a young QB later on(Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray). I think thats best to be honest

We have more pressing needs than finding a young quarterback though. Our defensive line is the worst in the NFL, our secondary is terrible, and we need to upgrade the right side of our offensive line.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And all those things can be obtained with a proper trade down. Especially early with OL picks.

Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Question Regarding Carson Palmer Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Do you guys see management cutting him and trading back in the draft and picking up a young QB to build around.

- You're picking 3rd so you could move back and grab a 2,3,6 in the process depending on the suitor, say a team trades up for Bjoern Werner. It will give you guys some more picks and depth
- Palmer will also save you guys some money on the cap because I know he's got a huge hit in 2013

what do you think?

Q: you enter the 2013 season on the hot seat with Palmer and Pryor as your options. Next season isn't promised. Shut out the white noise and ask yourself . . . Who would you start if your career depended on 10 - 12 games?

Starting Pryor ensures two things: DA is safe in 2013 and 99% of potential offensive coordinatoring hires ain't signing on.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, that is a HUGE guess.

Chali21

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Question Regarding Carson Palmer Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

what do you think?

If the price is right, everyone is expendable I tell ya what.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Question Regarding Carson Palmer Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

what do you think?

If the price is right, everyone is expendable I tell ya what.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see the Cardinals or Vikings offering us a mid round pick for Palmer. Pair him with Fitzgerald and that defense and they might be on to something.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm . . . if you interview Mike Martz I wonder which QB DA has in mind?
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You actually have no idea unless you can read minds.

Play4Blood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's really not enough cap savings involved in getting rid of him to make it worthwhile. Best bet is that he either restructures with an extension or plays under his current contract.

Pryor earned the right to be considered a project QB, as opposed to the conversion project he seemed to be previously. I would assume he's earned the right to be the #2 and get more reps in practice. Assuming anything beyond that is a little ridiculous. Watching him throw the ball is...well...at least he's not Tebow. If not for Tebow, though, I'd wager Pryor's mechanics are the worst in the league. Doesn't seem to have much arm strength either.

Point of all this being that we don't have a viable option at QB other than Palmer, and we're still too unsettled to bring in a high pick QB to groom. Certainly not one from this crap class of passers.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
You actually have no idea unless you can read minds.

It's called deductive reasoning. How will you ever make detective without it? You would either have to be in denial or daft. By interviewing Martz which QB would we speculate the Raiders going with?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: