Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Question Regarding Carson Palmer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamby wrote:
I can't stand when people hate on Palmer, he is without a doubt the best QB we've had since Gannon. Last year in Hue Jack's offense considering how he came off the couch to play quarterback for us he did phenomenal (1 week to learn playbook, no Mcfadden, no defense). The WRs got much more involved once he stepped in for Campbell.

This year knapp just plain F'd us. Our run game was worse and so was our defense, yet he still put up pretty good numbers. Palmer isn't the most mobile of quarterbacks but he made some tough throws under pressure that guys like J Cam, etc would have crumbled.

It also doesn't help that the players didn't buy into what Knapp was selling, that definitely hurt our production.

For Palmer our run was actually better than last year.
La_Vader

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamby wrote:
I can't stand when people hate on Palmer, he is without a doubt the best QB we've had since Gannon. Last year in Hue Jack's offense considering how he came off the couch to play quarterback for us he did phenomenal (1 week to learn playbook, no Mcfadden, no defense). The WRs got much more involved once he stepped in for Campbell.

This year knapp just plain F'd us. Our run game was worse and so was our defense, yet he still put up pretty good numbers. Palmer isn't the most mobile of quarterbacks but he made some tough throws under pressure that guys like J Cam, etc would have crumbled.

It also doesn't help that the players didn't buy into what Knapp was selling, that definitely hurt our production.

Silver&Black88 you make two accounts? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
until we have something that resembles a solid nfl o-line we will need a qb that can scramble. cp had nine lived this season dodging and taking hits. they just ran out in carolina. one good thing i like about tp is he is as big as some linebackers with great speed, agility and lateral ability which makes him able to dodge the pass rush and hard to bring down.

imo scrambling qbs are the best they even the odds because they force the defense to commit an extra defender to spy the qb. if a qb isnt a threat to scramble the defense can use that extra man in coverage.

That won't be hard w/ Pryor b/c teams won't fear him beating you passing the ball due to how inaccurate he is and how he lobs his passes. It'll be easy to man up if that's the case so it completely nullifies the X factor you think he brings. Again, this is why he was ineffective for 80% of the Chargers game. You would rather focus on the garbage time TDs and sig it, the same thing you killed Palmer for all year. Silly.

Quote:
tp can throw also. yes he needs work but what young qb doesnt. his deep balls were never underthrown. he always missed deep similar to cp. imo tp just needs to work on his 20-30 yard rope passes.

I've seen a lot more Pryor than you have. I'm still waiting on this development..... hopefully it comes but I'm not counting on it.

For Pryor lack of ability to throw, he scored three touchdowns in the rain, didn't get sacked, moved the chains on key plays, provided hope for the team, all within a couple of days of being named starter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

La_Vader wrote:
Tamby wrote:

No. I have something you evidently don't : a life.
Tamby

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Tamby wrote:

Watching the games between last year and this year I feel like last year we were actually able to consistently move the ball on offense, score TDs, and overall we were in a lot more games than this year. This year was just painful to watch we had McFadden for more games yet I never had confidence that we were gonna do anything on the ground. We were able to move the ball on the ground with Reece which I found interesting, however in general the majority of our offense would come in overtime when the game was out of reach (except against Tampa which was nearly amazing lol)
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Tamby wrote:

Not. Bush started to really wear down down the stretch, but his first 4 games after taking over for McFadden were better then anything we saw this season. And we were actually able to move the chains and score TD's with the running game. We had something like 4 rushing TD's all season? Laughing

Last edited by Darkness on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:
Trade Palmer we arent winning a superbowl with the dude and he is too slow for me to watch him anymore and those interceptions when we just start to march down the field smh..

So if he's fast and throws interceptions, that's OK?

Damn, we would have an interesting QB battle in TC. DHB vs Ford vs Taiwan.

LOL.... wildcat bonanza? WOOHOO!!! haha. Al would be so proud!!

PM sig requests.
La_Vader

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
La_Vader wrote:
Tamby wrote:

not fun when people say childish stuff about you, right mate?

Last edited by La_Vader on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamby wrote:

Solid post, newcomer!

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Tamby wrote:

A new poster with common sense? How about that.

Fo ril. I like it!

PM sig requests.

Last edited by JTagg7754 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

La_Vader wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
La_Vader wrote:
Tamby wrote:

not fun when people say childish stuff about you, right mate?

Dealing with you in general is annoying, I'll give you that.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

La_Vader wrote:
For Pryor lack of ability to throw, he scored three touchdowns in the rain, didn't get sacked, moved the chains on key plays, provided hope for the team, all within a couple of days of being named starter

Let me tell you what really happened:

He scored 1 TD when the game was w/in real reach
He scored 2 TDs in garbage time to make the score look better
Prior to the 4th quarter (when we could assume garbage time started) he went three and out about 70% of the drives

So, while he did have 3 TDs, I can do the same w/ Palmer almost all year but you'd just bring up garbage time so I figured I'd so the same, and he wasn't very effective most of the game.... at all. In fact, he had one drive that was a 6 and out so it's not like he was "moving the chains" etc etc. He wasn't effective... at all.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamby wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Tamby wrote:

Watching the games between last year and this year I feel like last year we were actually able to consistently move the ball on offense, score TDs, and overall we were in a lot more games than this year. This year was just painful to watch we had McFadden for more games yet I never had confidence that we were gonna do anything on the ground. We were able to move the ball on the ground with Reece which I found interesting, however in general the majority of our offense would come in overtime when the game was out of reach (except against Tampa which was nearly amazing lol)

Absolutely agree. It's amazing what play calling can do to a team.

PM sig requests.
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Tamby wrote:

Not. Bush started to really wear down down the stretch, but his first 4 games after taking over for McFadden were better then anything we saw this season. And we were actually able to move the chains and score TD's with the running game. We had something like 4 rushing TD's all season? Laughing

His first two games were good, after that it was pretty meh. Highest yard per carry after Palmers second game was 4.3 I'm not counting the Chiefs game when Palmer game in. For Palmers 3rd game Bush averaged 109 yards with 3.6 ypc, and 4th was 69 yards with 2.9 ypc. Marcel Reece had a 100+ and 5.4 ypc game this year which is a high ypc than Bush managed with Palmer at QB. Mcfadden had a 6.3 ypc and 100+ aswell this year. Also Bush only managed 4 rushing TDs last year with Palmer at QB.
Tamby

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Tamby wrote:

Yes exactly, we were a JOKE on offense this year and its a shame because our offense is what carried this team to .500 last year. We actually made PLAYS on offense last year, we were super aggressive, and were in a lot of competitive games. Watching games last year us fans could actually have confidence in our offense to score points and stay in ball games.

Everyone loves to hate on Hue Jackson but the fact is when Hue Jackson hasn't been running our offense the most games we've won since 2003 is five.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: