Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Question Regarding Carson Palmer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Palmer we arent winning a superbowl with the dude and he is too slow for me to watch him anymore and those interceptions when we just start to march down the field smh..
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunDmc23 wrote:
Trade Palmer we arent winning a superbowl with the dude and he is too slow for me to watch him anymore and those interceptions when we just start to march down the field smh..

So if he's fast and throws interceptions, that's OK?

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:

Damn, we would have an interesting QB battle in TC. DHB vs Ford vs Taiwan.
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:

No just a non mobile QB is not fun to watch, I like to watch a Qb that can escape pressure and make something out of nothing with there legs and make the crowd into the game that much more
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:

No just a non mobile QB is not fun to watch, I like to watch a Qb that can escape pressure and make something out of nothing with there legs and make the crowd into the game that much more
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a difference between mobile and scrambling. Palmer was fairly mobile, he just doesn't have wheels.

But going by your logic we should go after Vick or VY.
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
There's a difference between mobile and scrambling. Palmer was fairly mobile, he just doesn't have wheels.

Yah some washed up bums, no my logic would be somebody that has speed similar to Aaron Rodgers not too fast but fast enough
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunDmc23 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:

Palmer is actually pretty good at escaping pressure. I'm also not looking at what is the "most fun to watch". I want to win.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunDmc23 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Yah some washed up bums,

I wouldn't call them "bums" compared to Pryor. Maybe "better" but not "bums".

PM sig requests.
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Yah some washed up bums,

Pryor is 21 years old did an OK job his first career start..... VY is out of the league, Vick is injury prone and just doing it for the money not the love of the game "BUMS"
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunDmc23 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Yah some washed up bums,

Pryor is 21 years old did an OK job his first career start..... VY is out of the league, Vick is injury prone and just doing it for the money not the love of the game "BUMS"

First of all, Pryor isn't 21. 2nd of all, I can't say anything new on the subject I haven't already said haha. If I saw progression, I'd have some hope. I haven't seen it since 2010. Oh well.

PM sig requests.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:

Palmer is actually pretty good at escaping pressure. I'm also not looking at what is the "most fun to watch". I want to win.

until we have something that resembles a solid nfl o-line we will need a qb that can scramble. cp had nine lived this season dodging and taking hits. they just ran out in carolina. one good thing i like about tp is he is as big as some linebackers with great speed, agility and lateral ability which makes him able to dodge the pass rush and hard to bring down.

imo scrambling qbs are the best they even the odds because they force the defense to commit an extra defender to spy the qb. if a qb isnt a threat to scramble the defense can use that extra man in coverage.

tp can throw also. yes he needs work but what young qb doesnt. his deep balls were never underthrown. he always missed deep similar to cp. imo tp just needs to work on his 20-30 yard rope passes.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
until we have something that resembles a solid nfl o-line we will need a qb that can scramble. cp had nine lived this season dodging and taking hits. they just ran out in carolina. one good thing i like about tp is he is as big as some linebackers with great speed, agility and lateral ability which makes him able to dodge the pass rush and hard to bring down.

imo scrambling qbs are the best they even the odds because they force the defense to commit an extra defender to spy the qb. if a qb isnt a threat to scramble the defense can use that extra man in coverage.

That won't be hard w/ Pryor b/c teams won't fear him beating you passing the ball due to how inaccurate he is and how he lobs his passes. It'll be easy to man up if that's the case so it completely nullifies the X factor you think he brings. Again, this is why he was ineffective for 80% of the Chargers game. You would rather focus on the garbage time TDs and sig it, the same thing you killed Palmer for all year. Silly.

Quote:
tp can throw also. yes he needs work but what young qb doesnt. his deep balls were never underthrown. he always missed deep similar to cp. imo tp just needs to work on his 20-30 yard rope passes.

I've seen a lot more Pryor than you have. I'm still waiting on this development..... hopefully it comes but I'm not counting on it.

PM sig requests.
Tamby

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stand when people hate on Palmer, he is without a doubt the best QB we've had since Gannon. Last year in Hue Jack's offense considering how he came off the couch to play quarterback for us he did phenomenal (1 week to learn playbook, no Mcfadden, no defense). The WRs got much more involved once he stepped in for Campbell.

This year knapp just plain F'd us. Our run game was worse and so was our defense, yet he still put up pretty good numbers. Palmer isn't the most mobile of quarterbacks but he made some tough throws under pressure that guys like J Cam, etc would have crumbled.

It also doesn't help that the players didn't buy into what Knapp was selling, that definitely hurt our production.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamby wrote:
I can't stand when people hate on Palmer, he is without a doubt the best QB we've had since Gannon. Last year in Hue Jack's offense considering how he came off the couch to play quarterback for us he did phenomenal (1 week to learn playbook, no Mcfadden, no defense). The WRs got much more involved once he stepped in for Campbell.

This year knapp just plain F'd us. Our run game was worse and so was our defense, yet he still put up pretty good numbers. Palmer isn't the most mobile of quarterbacks but he made some tough throws under pressure that guys like J Cam, etc would have crumbled.

It also doesn't help that the players didn't buy into what Knapp was selling, that definitely hurt our production.

A new poster with common sense? How about that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: