Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

jason avant?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
Pretty sure others were high on Lindley other than PE, at least in the draft section

Avant can be upgrades, every position can be upgraded, if we get an adequate or better replacement I'd cut him.I'd still bring in a receiver for competition for his job

^PEs overprotective big brother

Not even accurate at all.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
RBrown86

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any argument with PE:

^Thanks to McNabbNo5 for the sig, Phire for the avy
Jroc04

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
Yards per season is a very arbitrary stat.

How many QBs over the last 20 seasons have lead their team to a Super Bowl victory while passing for less than 3000 yards on that season? Let's convert that 3000 yards to the per game average which is 187.5 yards per game. That's for any QBs that may have missed some games but still won the Super Bowl.

My point is, and you already know, that yards don't determine any kind of value or definition of skill. Passing yards have exponentially increased through the years. Teams are passing more and more.

3000 yard passers

1992: 10
2002: 17
2012: 24

And in 1982 there was one or two.

What do yards tell you about the value of a QB? Very arbitrary.

Phire sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
babyatemydingo wrote:
it is merely a mechanism to defend his own inadequacies.
Leave him alone.

ROTFLMAO! Did you take your psychology classes by way of online community college? or did you purchase them out of the bubble gum machine located next to the funnel cake stand on the boardwalk in AC?

Who or what are you referring to when you say "them"...? Are you suggesting he purchased psychology classes from a bubble gum machine, because that'd be pretty cool.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
Jroc04

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
babyatemydingo wrote:
it is merely a mechanism to defend his own inadequacies.
Leave him alone.

ROTFLMAO! Did you take your psychology classes by way of online community college? or did you purchase them out of the bubble gum machine located next to the funnel cake stand on the boardwalk in AC?

Who or what are you referring to when you say "them"...? Are you suggesting he purchased psychology classes from a bubble gum machine, because that'd be pretty cool.

The one next to the funnel cake in AC.

Mmmmmm.....funnel cake.

If I had a funnel cake stand, we would sell jorts too. Get them comin in and out.

Wink

Phire sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:

How many QBs over the last 20 seasons have lead their team to a Super Bowl victory while passing for less than 3000 yards on that season? Let's convert that 3000 yards to the per game average which is 187.5 yards per game. That's for any QBs that may have missed some games but still won the Super Bowl.

My point is, and you already know, that yards don't determine any kind of value or definition of skill. Passing yards have exponentially increased through the years. Teams are passing more and more.

3000 yard passers

So no QBs in the last 20 years that won a Super Bowl with under a 187.5 passing yards per game average on the season? Okay case closed...
birdman0069

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will someone please lock this.
This crap is so old.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Jroc04

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:

3000 yard passers

So no QBs in the last 20 years that won a Super Bowl with under a 187.5 passing yards per game average on the season? Okay case closed...

I didn't say that, sir. I simply stated passing yards are a weak tool for your argument. Completely arbitrary. It has no bearing on team successes.

Phire sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:

3000 yard passers

I didn't say that, sir. I simply stated passing yards are a weak tool for your argument. Completely arbitrary. It has no bearing on team successes.

That's because you are minimizing the gravity of winning the Super Bowl. Who the hell knows what "team success" means to you. Super Bowl or GTFO!
TheKingDP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
TheKingDP wrote:

Aldon Smith is 6'4" 260 lbs with 35 3/8" arms, runs a 4.75 40 yard dash, and was the fastest player in NFL history to accumulate his first 30 sacks. He had 20 sacks last season.

Did he do any of that as a 43 DE that can defend the run? I get it, it's John Madden football, it doesn't matter, a pass rusher is a pass rusher. Jason Babin... BTW Jason Taylor was a pretty good 34 OLB until he went to the Redskins and they put him in a 43. Jerry Hughes in one season produced 4 times as many sacks as his previous two seasons combined once he was switched to a 34. How did former NFL DPOY Albert Haynesworth look once he was switched from a 3 tech to a 34 NT? I'm sure that you also thought DRC would excel in the slot... How did former Pro Bowler Demeco Ryan look as a 34 ILB? Stop it.

Did you just really bring up sulking Albert Haynesworth and Demeco Ryans after a blown achilles?

Like I said, you're so full of crap it's not even funny. Re-read your posts. You're the biggest moron on these forums.

Seriously.. You brought up Jason Taylor who has 139.5 sacks.. 120 as a DE. What's your point there? You don't even have one. You just threw a name out there.

Jerry Hughes?? What?? He was a borderline first round pick in the draft. Not the 7th overall selection in the draft. You're on crack. Throw more names against the wall and hope it sticks.

Here it is: DRC!!!!! WOW!!! WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT DUDE? WHERE DID YOU PULL THESE NAMES FROM?

Oh yeah, out of your rear-end.

You're reply didn't even argue anything. Jump off a bridge.

Edit: LOL!! I missed Jason Babin's name too.. Did you seriously bring up Jason Babin's name in a discussion on Aldon Smith?? Again, you have absolutely no idea WTF you are even talking about.

Last edited by TheKingDP on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jroc04

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:

3000 yard passers

That's because you are minimizing the gravity of winning the Super Bowl. Who the hell knows what "team success" means to you. Super Bowl or GTFO!

Just for poops and chuckles and I would just love to see you spin out of this one, captain spinster. Go look up Trent Dilfer 2000.

Phire sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
birdman0069

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warnings in 3..........2............1

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Jroc04

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just don't lock it yet.

Let him crunch numbers on Trent Dilfer 2000 super bowl season.

Either its some lame crap excuse loop hole or he squeezes his proactive all over the computer monitor and rage quits.

Phire sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
oland11

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again....
TheKingDP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's PE's original argument:
PowerElite wrote:

Jroc04 wrote:
Just don't lock it yet.

Let him crunch numbers on Trent Dilfer 2000 super bowl season.

Either its some lame crap excuse loop hole or he squeezes his proactive all over the computer monitor and rage quits.

24 QBs threw for 3,000 yards this season, so in PE's world, all 24 were good enough to lead their teams to a Super Bowl. Thats 24 out of 32 teams, or 3/4ths of the league currently employs a Super Bowl Champion worthy QB. Again, he's pulling obscure names & unrelated statistics to try and prove a point where there's not one to prove. You're arguing with someone with the intellect of a 7 year old.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: