Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

jason avant?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Blahman88


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 25015
Location: Eagles Forum HOF + Gold Standard 2014, Bringer of the Cavalry
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Avant has two yard arms, and catches the ball behind him and turns round......how many YAC does he get if he's tackled immediately #longarms
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jroc04


Joined: 18 Mar 2008
Posts: 11604
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where, oh where did PE go?

Anyway, Dilfer played 9 games and threw for 1502 yards giving him a 166.9 average. For arguments and loop holes' sake he only started 8, the first game he didn't start and threw for 58 yards. 1502-58= 1444. 1444/8= 180.5. And he won the super bowl. This is obviously the most glaring counter and the only one I actually looked up. However, it's fact and renders whatever garbage he's cramming not at all the truth. Completely arbitrary and conjecture.
_________________

Phire sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jroc04


Joined: 18 Mar 2008
Posts: 11604
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKingDP wrote:
Here's PE's original argument:
PowerElite wrote:
How many QBs over the last 20 seasons have lead their team to a Super Bowl victory while passing for less than 3000 yards on that season? Let's convert that 3000 yards to the per game average which is 187.5 yards per game. That's for any QBs that may have missed some games but still won the Super Bowl.


Jroc04 wrote:
Just don't lock it yet.

Let him crunch numbers on Trent Dilfer 2000 super bowl season.

Either its some lame crap excuse loop hole or he squeezes his proactive all over the computer monitor and rage quits.


24 QBs threw for 3,000 yards this season, so in PE's world, all 24 were good enough to lead their teams to a Super Bowl. Thats 24 out of 32 teams, or 3/4ths of the league currently employs a Super Bowl Champion worthy QB. Again, he's pulling obscure names & unrelated statistics to try and prove a point where there's not one to prove. You're arguing with someone with the intellect of a 7 year old.


Welp, this is why I promised myself to steer away from any arguing/discussing with him.

Passing yards are an increasingly arbitrary stat. Pretty soon every team will throw for 3000 yards. Whats the point? It's a baseless argument.
_________________

Phire sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKingDP


Joined: 03 Nov 2010
Posts: 562
Location: illadelph
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
Welp, this is why I promised myself to steer away from any arguing/discussing with him.

Passing yards are an increasingly arbitrary stat. Pretty soon every team will throw for 3000 yards. Whats the point? It's a baseless argument.


That's precisely why PE is soooooooooooo full of crap. He's trying to correlate passing yards to Super Bowl victories. There is absolutely none, and above everything, even he knows that. Completely baseless & completely arbitrary. The PE way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jroc04


Joined: 18 Mar 2008
Posts: 11604
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the problem. He has no humility. It's ok to be wrong sometimes. You're some shmoe talking about a sport where men get paid millions of dollars to play and orchestrate. If he was any where near the mind he thinks he is, he would be sitting in a corner office at some billion dollar stadium. He's just a guy with an opinion. It's ok to be wrong. And furthermore, ok to admit being wrong. It helps you identify with other human beings. Something he sorely lacks in his personality.
_________________

Phire sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
birdman0069


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 6270
Location: Key West, FL
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFL realized many years ago, the only way to grow support for the game was to make it exciting. Scoring is exciting, offense is exciting, fantasy stats are exciting therefor the rules were changed time and time again to benefit the offense and protect the exciting star players.
Of course QBs throw for more yards today. How could they not?
To try and use this stat to prove any biased point of view is pure and utter stupidity. Next thing, people will be claiming average QB's like Stafford that benefit from these rules belong in the HoF because they have thrown for more yards then Dan Marrino.
Fact gentlemen.
Stupid people will always try and twist stats to support their feeble arguments.
IGNORE THEM.
_________________

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K


Last edited by birdman0069 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RandyMossIsBoss


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 19928
Location: Can't talk
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKingDP wrote:
Here's PE's original argument:
PowerElite wrote:
How many QBs over the last 20 seasons have lead their team to a Super Bowl victory while passing for less than 3000 yards on that season? Let's convert that 3000 yards to the per game average which is 187.5 yards per game. That's for any QBs that may have missed some games but still won the Super Bowl.


Jroc04 wrote:
Just don't lock it yet.

Let him crunch numbers on Trent Dilfer 2000 super bowl season.

Either its some lame crap excuse loop hole or he squeezes his proactive all over the computer monitor and rage quits.


24 QBs threw for 3,000 yards this season, so in PE's world, all 24 were good enough to lead their teams to a Super Bowl. Thats 24 out of 32 teams, or 3/4ths of the league currently employs a Super Bowl Champion worthy QB. Again, he's pulling obscure names & unrelated statistics to try and prove a point where there's not one to prove. You're arguing with someone with the intellect of a 7 year old.


but with the fight of a 7 year old honey badger.


_________________


~Bird Watch 2014 | Mark "The Sanchize" Sanchez~
202 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 89.6 Passer Rating
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8808
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said that no QB has ever won a Superbowl with an average under 187.5. But if you guys are fine with drafting a QB hoping that he'd be as good as Trent Dilfer, be my guest... Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jroc04


Joined: 18 Mar 2008
Posts: 11604
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the surface it's logical.....I guess. Usually successes correlate with QB play. A QBs production is bassed somewhat on yards gained. The super bowl is the ultimate success and inferior QBs usually don't/can't win the super bowl. However, it's a flawed argument. It has holes everywere. To continue on like it's some kind of scientific fact is silly.

But then again, I've wasted an hour arguing with someone that isn't here. PE trolls and wins again. Victory by complete abandonment.
_________________

Phire sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKingDP


Joined: 03 Nov 2010
Posts: 562
Location: illadelph
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
I never said that no QB has ever won a Superbowl with an average under 187.5. But if you guys are fine with drafting a QB hoping that he'd be as good as Trent Dilfer, be my guest... Laughing


Yeah, because that was your point the whole time, right, troll?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jroc04


Joined: 18 Mar 2008
Posts: 11604
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
I never said that no QB has ever won a Superbowl with an average under 187.5. But if you guys are fine with drafting a QB hoping that he'd be as good as Trent Dilfer, be my guest... Laughing


So what was the point of the "187.5 post"?
_________________

Phire sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bednarik60


Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 33180
Location: Jortland, Oregon<3
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
I never said that no QB has ever won a Superbowl with an average under 187.5. But if you guys are fine with drafting a QB hoping that he'd be as good as Trent Dilfer, be my guest... Laughing



_________________

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TheKingDP


Joined: 03 Nov 2010
Posts: 562
Location: illadelph
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
I never said that no QB has ever won a Superbowl with an average under 187.5. But if you guys are fine with drafting a QB hoping that he'd be as good as Trent Dilfer, be my guest... Laughing


So what was the point of the "187.5 post"?


Exactly. There was none. He's like an overflowing toilet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8808
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
I never said that no QB has ever won a Superbowl with an average under 187.5. But if you guys are fine with drafting a QB hoping that he'd be as good as Trent Dilfer, be my guest... Laughing


So what was the point of the "187.5 post"?


IMO a slim chance is as bad as no chance, unless you are attempting to prove PE wrong then a slim chance becomes something great. Trent Dilfer is great when attempting to prove PE wrong and the Ravens defense becomes totally meaningless. So PE should be willing to draft Trent Dilfer because Trent Dilfer lead his team to the Superbowl. Confused
A slim chance of winning a Superbowl with a QB that has under a 187.5 average is reason enough to draft any QB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKingDP


Joined: 03 Nov 2010
Posts: 562
Location: illadelph
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
I never said that no QB has ever won a Superbowl with an average under 187.5. But if you guys are fine with drafting a QB hoping that he'd be as good as Trent Dilfer, be my guest... Laughing


So what was the point of the "187.5 post"?


IMO a slim chance is as bad as no chance, unless you are attempting to prove PE wrong then a slim chance becomes something great. Trent Dilfer is great when attempting to prove PE wrong and the Ravens defense becomes totally meaningless. So PE should be willing to draft Trent Dilfer because Trent Dilfer lead his team to the Superbowl. Confused
A slim chance of winning a Superbowl with a QB that has under a 187.5 average is reason enough to draft any QB.


Again, moron, 3/4ths of the QBs in the NFL threw for 3,000 yards this season. STFU. You're wrong. You have no point. Quit now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group