Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DC possibilties for the Browns..
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wait_for_It

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: DC possibilties for the Browns.. Reply with quote

Okay .. I did a lil bit of homework of what coaches could be available for the 34 Defense as possible suitors for the Browns DC position..

List of teams that run the 34 Defense..

Playoff teams are:

Ravens; Packers, Texans, Colts, Chiefs (but most of there staff is scattered now.), Jets ( most of there coach's r gone except for one), Steelers, Chargers ( same as the Chiefs), 49ers, and the Redskins..

Playoff teams at this moment are the Ravens, Packers, Texans, and the 49ers..

Here's the playoff teams coaches that are still in the playoffs but could be in consideration..

Ravens: DL coach Clarence Brooks, ILB coach Don Martindale, LB coach Ted Monachino, and DB coach is Teryl Austin.

Packers: DL coach Mike Trgovac, OLB coach Kevin Greene, Assistant HC/LB coach Winston Moss, and DB coach's Joe Witt Jr. and Darren Perry.

Texans: Asst. HC/ DL coach Bill Kolar, LB coach Reggie Herring and Bobby King, and DB coach's are Vance Joesph and Perry Carter.

49ers
: DL coach Jim Tomsula, LB coach Jim Leavitt, DB's Ed Ponatell, Greg Jackson, and Peter Hanson.

Non Playoff teams:

Colts: DL coach Gary Emanuel, LB coach Jeff Fitzgerald, DB coach's are Mike Gilhammer and Roy Anderson.

Pittsburgh: LB coach Keith Butler, and Asst. HC/ DL coach John Mitchell.

Chiefs: N/A

Jets: DL coach Karl Dunbar and that's it at the moment.

Chargers: DL coach Don Johnson, LB coach Joe Barry, DB's Ron Meeks and Cris Dishman.

Redskins: DL coach Jacob Burney, LB coach Bob Slowik, and DB coach Raheem Morris.

Obviously there are plenty of options and just wanted to give a outlined of the potentials for DC..

My favorite is Keith Butler LB coach from Pukesburgh.. What would be some of ur favorties?? Would love to hear .. thx for stop by!
Wait_for_It

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also if anyone wants to add any coaches to this list.. Please do so.. maybe names like Ray Horton or what not.. lol

And if u know some info on the guys I listed and U would like to put his name out there. I would love to hear what these guys might have to offer if they have potential to be our next DC of the Browns..

Last edited by Wait_for_It on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
green24

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ain't touching Dunbar. Very Happy
Wait_for_It

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
You ain't touching Dunbar. Very Happy

LOL anything can happen Wink
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm calling it now:

Ron Meeks.

Was with Chud at the University of Miami in 1986 and 1987 as DB coach.

Was a Defensive Assistant with the Dallas Cowboys for one year while Norv Turner was OC in 1991, before moving on to coach the Bengals DBs in 1992.

Was Defensive Backs coach for the Washington Redskins in 2000, Norv Turner's last year there.

Was Defensive Backs coach for the Carolina Panthers in 2011, where Chud was OC.

Was Defensive Backs coach for the San Diego Chargers in 2012, where Norv Turner was Head Coach.

Has 9 years experience as a Defensive Coordinator; 7 with the Indianapolis Colts (2002-2008, Tony Dungy's entire tenure) and 2 with the Carolina Panthers (2009-10).

sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norv and ray horton do have a connection from their days in dallas so there is that possibility. That is if Horton isn't givin a HC job
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Norv and ray horton do have a connection from their days in dallas so there is that possibility. That is if Horton isn't givin a HC job

Hitting the wayback machine for that one. Turner left Dallas in 1993.

No real connection since, and none with Chud, who has final say on the staff.

He did have a "great" interview for the HC gig according to Haslam, so it's a possibility.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

He did have a "great" interview for the HC gig according to Haslam, so it's a possibility.

Yea I know. But I heard it on the radio today and just got a little hopeful. Expecally with chud saying he wanted an attacking defense
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

Yea I know. But I heard it on the radio today and just got a little hopeful. Expecally with chud saying he wanted an attacking defense

If they're dead set on an attacking 3-4, I think they'll wait until the Packers are done with the playoffs so they can interview Dom Capers. He's as close to LeBeau as it gets outside of Pittsburgh.
pnies20

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

If they're dead set on an attacking 3-4, I think they'll wait until the Packers are done with the playoffs so they can interview Dom Capers. He's as close to LeBeau as it gets outside of Pittsburgh.

This. I was coming on here to say Capers.

<3 JF
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

Why would capers leave a Super Bowl contending team to take the same position here ? Coaches don't move laterally
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

Why would capers leave a Super Bowl contending team to take the same position here ? Coaches don't move laterally

I thought his contract was up and Green Bay hasn't renewed it.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Already Chud is starting off wrong. 3-4 did not work in Cleveland and I was happy to see it go. We finally have a defense here and the personnel to run it and we want to take it apart? This hitting reset will put us back 2 years and by that time we will be calling for Chud's head. We go back to a 3-4 and I might just call it quits with these losers until they prove something.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Wait_for_It

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under radar coaches i like for DC position r Keith Butler, Winston Moss, and Ron Meeks.. These guys fit the bill for being a part of attacking 34 D, has worked with Chud, and they would be great hires..

Side Note: guys like Horton, Capers, or possibly another DC that could be in there last year of there contract could wind up here if they are familiar with Chud and want to go somewhere else..

Also my wildcard is Karl Dunbar and he has been pretty aggressive with that Jets DL and know that he is well liked.. His future will only get brighter if those opportunites were there for the taking.. Just throwing some stuff out there..

PS: I like some info some of u guys have put in here about a few of these coaches.. Some reason I think they would want to get their GM b4 someone might take someone that they might like.. Wink
Wait_for_It

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
Already Chud is starting off wrong. 3-4 did not work in Cleveland and I was happy to see it go. We finally have a defense here and the personnel to run it and we want to take it apart? This hitting reset will put us back 2 years and by that time we will be calling for Chud's head. We go back to a 3-4 and I might just call it quits with these losers until they prove something.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I hear ya Chedda but I would rather stay at 4-3 and improve what we have already then keep changing back n forth.. Hopefully they have a plan! and I think they might surprise us.. I think a change is might what we need with the stadium upgrades, player intros, uniform upgrades, establish a stable front office and coaching staff, entertain our fanbase w/e way is possible, and getting the right players for both sides of the ball.. We got a good and young talented core of players but we need add veteran/leadership into the mix as well.. I really like Chud when he was here in Cle in his last stint but he didn't really have consistency and had a few diva players that didn't really help but those players haven't done much either after departing from Cle.. It should make a difference and I have a feeling..

Another thought, they better make those player intros better and add more explosion of some type in someway..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: