Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Rumor/Signings Thread III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Take it for what its worth, but local radio guy has heard that Dallas has contingency trades worked out with both the 9ers and Falcons to move back.

I wouldn't mind pick 31 and 34. Still a lot of value right there, even though its not likely coop or warmack.

I would hope Cyprien is still there at #31. Depending on where they believe Warford/Armstead will go, I would try take one at #34, and take the other at #47.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is Bryan Broaddus' final Big Board:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-BryanBroaddusBlog/Broaddus-Big-Board-Your-Final-Guide-For-Thursday-Night/8867d5ef-9373-4cfd-836b-1a770a03e614

# Player Position College
1 Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan
2 Sharrif Floyd DT Florida
3 Star Lotulelei DT Utah
4 Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M
5 Dee Milliner CB Alabama
6 Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
7 Jonathan Cooper OG North Carolina
8 Chance Warmack OG Alabama
9 Dion Jordon DE/OLB Oregon
10 Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State
11 Ziggy Ansah DE BYU
12 Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
13 Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
14 Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB LSU
15 Kenny Vacarro S Texas
16 Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
17 Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
18 Sylvester Williams DT North Carolina
19 D.J. Fluker OT Alabama
20 D.J. Haden CB Houston
21 Desmond Trufant CB Washington
22 Geno Smith QB West Virginia
23 Larry Warford OG Kentucky
24 Kevin Minter ILB LSU
25 Tank Carradine DE Florida State

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Here is Bryan Broaddus' final Big Board:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-BryanBroaddusBlog/Broaddus-Big-Board-Your-Final-Guide-For-Thursday-Night/8867d5ef-9373-4cfd-836b-1a770a03e614

# Player Position College
1 Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan
2 Sharrif Floyd DT Florida
3 Star Lotulelei DT Utah
4 Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M
5 Dee Milliner CB Alabama
6 Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
7 Jonathan Cooper OG North Carolina
8 Chance Warmack OG Alabama
9 Dion Jordon DE/OLB Oregon
10 Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State
11 Ziggy Ansah DE BYU
12 Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
13 Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
14 Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB LSU
15 Kenny Vacarro S Texas
16 Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
17 Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
18 Sylvester Williams DT North Carolina
19 D.J. Fluker OT Alabama
20 D.J. Haden CB Houston
21 Desmond Trufant CB Washington
22 Geno Smith QB West Virginia
23 Larry Warford OG Kentucky
24 Kevin Minter ILB LSU
25 Tank Carradine DE Florida State

I think its safe to say there will be a player worthy of selection at #18.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see im not the only one who is higher on Coop than Warmack.

So if we look at a late round OT or OG, who are guys yall are high on?

Sig courtesy of mack.
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN Insider 7 round mock:

Quote:
1 DT Sheldon Richardson
2 OL Kyle Long
3 S J.J. Wilcox
4 CB/S Sanders Commings
5 OT Ricky Wagner
6 C Khaled Holmes

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw that Mike Mayock has Star Lotulelei falling to our spot in his mock draft. I WOULD LOVE THAT! Really, I don't know what I would do so ecstatic would I be. There's no player in the draft I want more then Lotulelei.. I have him and Cooper ranked as the best players in this draft, Lotulelei gets the nod because there's IMO better guard depth in the 2nd and early 3rd then DT depth.

- But I do find it highly unlikely that he will fall to our spot. As said, I've him #1 on my BB and I see no way that his talent should fall to us. At very worst, he will get to the Panthers even tho I don't believe he will get out of the top 3.
matt79511

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Glad to see im not the only one who is higher on Coop than Warmack.

I think most are at this point, no?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Mosely is hearing Dallas is huge on Tyler Eiffert......don't have the quote, but its on his Twitter......I'm a huge Notre Dame homer, and as much as I think Eiffert will be a stud, that pick makes little to no sense whatsoever....
hitstreak07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Mosely is hearing Dallas is huge on Tyler Eiffert......don't have the quote, but its on his Twitter......I'm a huge Notre Dame homer, and as much as I think Eiffert will be a stud, that pick makes little to no sense whatsoever....
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hitstreak07 wrote:

If there is nobody close to his talent level available when we are picking and cant find a trade down im fine with it. We will be happy to have him if dez, miles, or witten go down.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hitstreak07 wrote:

Was gonna post about this when I get back home. I have some thoughts to share about that thought

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
alexrivero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Just saw that Mike Mayock has Star Lotulelei falling to our spot in his mock draft. I WOULD LOVE THAT! Really, I don't know what I would do so ecstatic would I be. There's no player in the draft I want more then Lotulelei.. I have him and Cooper ranked as the best players in this draft, Lotulelei gets the nod because there's IMO better guard depth in the 2nd and early 3rd then DT depth.

- But I do find it highly unlikely that he will fall to our spot. As said, I've him #1 on my BB and I see no way that his talent should fall to us. At very worst, he will get to the Panthers even tho I don't believe he will get out of the top 3.

I agree!! Star was considered the top defensive player in the draft for a while before his medical issue (which he has then been 100% cleared) so if we land him at 18 the value is off the charts!! Would absolutely LOVE that pick!!
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:

Was gonna post about this when I get back home. I have some thoughts to share about that thought

Right, so here are my thoughts on the Eifert thing. Lets say the scenario is that we are on the clock, we don't find a trade back offer that we like, and Vaccaro, Warmack, Cooper, and Richardson are all off the board. The way I am looking at it, the decision would come down to Eifert vs. Sly Williams.

Now, if any of you have been following what I have been saying about Williams, I love him. I like him more than Sheldon Richardson, and I think he could be a great player. However, I think that Eifert has the higher grade, at least in my opinion he does. I think if that situation presents itself, it will be very clear if we are going BPA or drafting for need.

Before I get yelled at for suggesting that drafting Eifert would actually be a good thing, hear me out. We run a lot of 2 TE sets. I like James Hanna as much as the next guy, but he is still an unknown. The only thing I do know about Hanna is that he has some upside, but he is no Eifert.

Look at some of the more successful teams out there: New England, San Francisco, Baltimore. All three of them have two very good tight ends. Eifert and Witten would compliment each other very well. He allows us to really stretch the field and provides another huge mismatch.

I guess what I am saying is that IF this were to happen, its not a bad thing in the slightest IMO. He would likely be the BPA and one of the few who the Cowboys have graded as a first rounder. Lets say we can finish the draft with something like Short, Schwenke, Wilcox, and maybe a running back. Sign Winston or Clabo in free agency and boom, I really like where we would be.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eifert would open up our offense...that much is certain, and give us a viable replacement option for Witten in a season or two, as much as I'd hate to see us part with him.

If the draft panned out like you listed FM, our o-line would look something like this:

LT - Smith
LG - Livings
C - Schwenke
RG - Bernadeau
RT - Clabo/Winston

Schwenke would be an upgrade over Costa, and either of Clabo/Winston would a vast improvement over Free. I suppose then that the play of the line would hinge on the play of Livings and Bernadeau, and if having better players next to them would help their play.

^^^mack
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Eifert would open up our offense...that much is certain, and give us a viable replacement option for Witten in a season or two, as much as I'd hate to see us part with him.

If the draft panned out like you listed FM, our o-line would look something like this:

LT - Smith
LG - Livings
C - Schwenke
RG - Bernadeau
RT - Clabo/Winston

Schwenke would be an upgrade over Costa, and either of Clabo/Winston would a vast improvement over Free. I suppose then that the play of the line would hinge on the play of Livings and Bernadeau, and if having better players next to them would help their play.

Exactly what I was thinking. And hey, maybe we still don't like our options at guard and sign Brandon Moore on a cheap, short term deal. Or better yet, draft a guy like Warford, Long, or Pugh in the 2nd, grab Bennie Logan in the 3rd or something like that. The thing I love about the scenario is we really aren't "neglecting" another position. We simply are sticking to our board, and not reaching on a player that shouldn't be picked in the top 18 picks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 66 of 81

Jump to: