Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Rumor/Signings Thread III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
I read somewhere that a lot of teams project Fluker to be a OG.

How do others feel about that? I dont watch enough college to know any better.

I personally don't view Fluker as a guard, but the Cowboys have a lot of people more qualified to make that projection than myself. If they think he can be a stud at OG, I would be ok with the selection. I do NOT think he's a great prospect at OT, and would be disappointed if we drafted him to play that spot.

He's got the long arms....that screams OT.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
romo2bryant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we do that I see us trying to get Hunter or Patterson, Tank and Warford
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the perceived Fluker interest will tell you OG is not a top 10 sorta pick.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Take it for what its worth, but local radio guy has heard that Dallas has contingency trades worked out with both the 9ers and Falcons to move back.

I wouldn't mind pick 31 and 34. Still a lot of value right there, even though its not likely coop or warmack.

I'd be all for that.

31. Eric Reid
34. Justin Pugh
47. Kawann Short

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
romo2bryant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Take it for what its worth, but local radio guy has heard that Dallas has contingency trades worked out with both the 9ers and Falcons to move back.

I wouldn't mind pick 31 and 34. Still a lot of value right there, even though its not likely coop or warmack.

I'd be all for that.

31. Eric Reid
34. Justin Pugh
47. Kawann Short

Maybe just me but I see it as

31. Justin Hunter/Cordelle Patterson
34. Eric Reid
47. Justin Pugh

I feel like we can grab pugh with 47th. but that maybe just me

If jerry has one of those talented skilled WR's left on the board if we trade down... well I think we all know what Jerry will do.

Last edited by romo2bryant on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
buckwild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

I'd be all for that.

31. Eric Reid
34. Justin Pugh
47. Kawann Short

not getting 31 & 34, but probably SF late 2nd rounder.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

I'd be all for that.

31. Eric Reid
34. Justin Pugh
47. Kawann Short

not getting 31 & 34, but probably SF late 2nd rounder.

I said a couple of weeks ago that the following scenario would be the most likely for a trade with San Fran:

Dallas gets:

San Fran gets:

Still stand behind that. It's an even trade pretty much.

textaz03

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Looking for a few volunteers for some home work during the draft. First come, first serve! Looking for 7, possibly 8 or 9 depending on the final amount of picks we make.

PM me for details, only requirement, must be available during draft, in particular right around when we select. (If I don't get back to you right away, don't worry, I'll get back you by end of today, I'm at work and on my cell)
i have 2 volunteers so far, still looking for more! Sen me that PM if your interested.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Atlanta might be a HIGHLY likely trade partner. They need a corner in a bad way. At 18, they would likely have their choice of corner outside of Milliner. They could take Rhodes or Trufant. The reason they might want to trade with us is because the Giants might be targeting one of those corners also. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see us and Atlanta work out a deal. And Broaddus just said on Talkin' Cowboys that we would receive Atlanta's 2nd and 4th in addition to switching 1sts.

flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
I think Atlanta might be a HIGHLY likely trade partner. They need a corner in a bad way. At 18, they would likely have their choice of corner outside of Milliner. They could take Rhodes or Trufant. The reason they might want to trade with us is because the Giants might be targeting one of those corners also. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see us and Atlanta work out a deal. And Broaddus just said on Talkin' Cowboys that we would receive Atlanta's 2nd and 4th in addition to switching 1sts.

An additional 2nd and 4th? I would take that

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Baixis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:

I would jump all over that! Then, since we would have extra picks, I would actually be interested in using one of those higher picks for WRs Woods or Allen. IF I could get one of them, I would turn around and trade Austin for a 4th or 5th, in order to get my RB or more DL.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
It looks like Sylvester Williams is a very possible pick at 18 if our other top guys are gone. Here's an article talking about what he'd bring to the table. It also has a Sports Science video with him and I implore you to watch it! His explosiveness off the snap is otherworldly. His reaction time is 2x faster than the average of the other DTs measured and his 10-yard split was faster than any of the RBs they timed. It's crazy how fast he gets off the ball. Would be a great 3-tech who could also play 1-tech.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/4/24/4260258/report-dallas-cowboys-draft-target-sylvester-williams-first-round

There's one thing that worries me about him though. Everyone makes a big deal about Margus Hunt's age. Well, Williams isn't far behind. He will be 25 in November. Does that make a difference to anyone else when it comes to taking him with the 18th pick?

For me, its not quite as big of a deal because I think that Hunt is more raw than Williams is. Hunt is the kind of player that you need to mold for two or three years, and I think Williams can contribute from day 1. Just my opinion, though. But man, I love me some Sly Williams

If Williams was 21, I very strongly believe that he would be so far out of our range at #18. He is extremely talented. But he's also raw. So you are probably only going to get a couple of really good seasons out of him towards the end of his rookie contract. Then you are left deciding whether to sign a 30 year old to a big contract or letting another 1st rounder walk after his rookie contract.

I think you get in trouble drafting older players in general. Much less older players who are raw. It's a huge concern for me, and is why I don't have him as a 1st round grade. If we trade back, though, I'd be all for it.

Sheldon Richardson is almost just as old, and it's a big concern for him, too. But I think he comes in more polished and ready to make an impact in year 1.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baixis wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:

I would jump all over that! Then, since we would have extra picks, I would actually be interested in using one of those higher picks for WRs Woods or Allen. IF I could get one of them, I would turn around and trade Austin for a 4th or 5th, in order to get my RB or more DL.

Thought they said Atlanta needed a DE so it could be if Werner/Carradine falls. SF would only trade up if Austin is still on the board, but most of this crap is just speculation to increase interest in the draft.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Baixis wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:

Thought they said Atlanta needed a DE so it could be if Werner/Carradine falls. SF would only trade up if Austin is still on the board, but most of this crap is just speculation to increase interest in the draft.

SF is high on Vaccaro too, I thought? Am I wrong on that?
romo2bryant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supposedly SF is high on Richardson & Vaccaro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 65 of 81

Jump to: