Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Rumor/Signings Thread III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Baixis wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
I am wondering...I think there is a legitimate possibility that DJ Fluker could go before one or both of Jonathan Cooper and Chance Warmack. He has been getting pimped out lately by many teams, and while this could just be smokescreen, you never really know. He has flexibility to play guard or tackle, which could raise his value. Wishful thinking, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a team like Miami or San Diego take Fluker

In my Mock, I have Miami taking him.

Speaking of, where is Tex? He generally runs the Mock Draft competitions.

That is kind of where I envision him as well. San Diego and Miami seem like a decent match

So if you guys think he could go that high, why do you think so many people don't think he's even a 1st rdr, and would be upset if we took him at #18? I agree that he could easily go that high, and be worth it. I'm on board with him personally. But many others haven't been, and I don't really understand why.

I can't speak for everyone, but my main issues with Fluker come back to his weight issues, inability to play on the left side, and technique. He struggles with speed. He isn't a guy that I want in the first round personally, but I have heard that teams value him highly, which is where the question stems from.

Allegedly, Arizona is considering Fluker at 7. Charlie Casserly said the interest is real.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that a lot of teams project Fluker to be a OG.

How do others feel about that? I dont watch enough college to know any better.
Baixis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graziano just picked Fluker for Dallas, in the ESPN blogger mock. I would be good with that - OG or RT, whatever. He's a big mauler and we need that.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

I personally don't view Fluker as a guard, but the Cowboys have a lot of people more qualified to make that projection than myself. If they think he can be a stud at OG, I would be ok with the selection. I do NOT think he's a great prospect at OT, and would be disappointed if we drafted him to play that spot.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

I was talking to JWin about this a while back actually. At the time, we both said we believe he could be a fantastic guard, and I stand by that. I wouldn't at all be surprised if that is his best NFL position

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
textaz03

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for a few volunteers for some home work during the draft. First come, first serve! Looking for 7, possibly 8 or 9 depending on the final amount of picks we make.

PM me for details, only requirement, must be available during draft, in particular right around when we select. (If I don't get back to you right away, don't worry, I'll get back you by end of today, I'm at work and on my cell)

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Looking for a few volunteers for some home work during the draft. First come, first serve! Looking for 7, possibly 8 or 9 depending on the final amount of picks we make.

PM me for details, only requirement, must be available during draft, in particular right around when we select. (If I don't get back to you right away, don't worry, I'll get back you by end of today, I'm at work and on my cell)

Would if I could, tex. But I'll be at Radio City Music Hall!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would, but I'll be drunk.

btw- were still doing the chat. Just a heads up.
ThaBoyzAndThaU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
DreamEater53 wrote:
I think the question then becomes, if we see Cooper falling, and the Saints are on the clock at 15, with St Louis next, do we trade up a few spots, probably surrendering a 3rd or 4th to get Cooper? (Or Warmack)

I'm against trading up, like most people, but in this situation, I don't know that I would be upset about it.

In this cenario, if the top 3 OT's and Warmack are gone early, I would definitely trade up to take Cooper. Honestly, if Dallas is presented wityh this cenario on Thursday night, I'd be shocked if they didn't trade up.

I doubt NO would be interested in a trade, there switching to the 3-4 and need to draft defense, at 15 they should be able to get one of the pass rushers or D-lineman but STL and PIT will be looking for similar players right after so they could miss out with a trade down.

Sig by delphem
JWingate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

I was talking to JWin about this a while back actually. At the time, we both said we believe he could be a fantastic guard, and I stand by that. I wouldn't at all be surprised if that is his best NFL position
i believe he is an NFL guard not OT. I was saying to the Ball&Chain not too long ago when they asked the question on tv that he is a OG, but it will take the NFL 4 years to figure it out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Can't believe I didn't think of that. Would be a great mauler OG. Only thing is we seem to be moving toward ZBS Olineman that are mobile and more athletic. Not sure we would want him at either position.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What fisher believes to be our first round graded players:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/04/24/who-gets-1st-round-grades-from-cowboys/

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Sylvester Williams is a very possible pick at 18 if our other top guys are gone. Here's an article talking about what he'd bring to the table. It also has a Sports Science video with him and I implore you to watch it! His explosiveness off the snap is otherworldly. His reaction time is 2x faster than the average of the other DTs measured and his 10-yard split was faster than any of the RBs they timed. It's crazy how fast he gets off the ball. Would be a great 3-tech who could also play 1-tech.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/4/24/4260258/report-dallas-cowboys-draft-target-sylvester-williams-first-round

There's one thing that worries me about him though. Everyone makes a big deal about Margus Hunt's age. Well, Williams isn't far behind. He will be 25 in November. Does that make a difference to anyone else when it comes to taking him with the 18th pick?

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
It looks like Sylvester Williams is a very possible pick at 18 if our other top guys are gone. Here's an article talking about what he'd bring to the table. It also has a Sports Science video with him and I implore you to watch it! His explosiveness off the snap is otherworldly. His reaction time is 2x faster than the average of the other DTs measured and his 10-yard split was faster than any of the RBs they timed. It's crazy how fast he gets off the ball. Would be a great 3-tech who could also play 1-tech.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/4/24/4260258/report-dallas-cowboys-draft-target-sylvester-williams-first-round

There's one thing that worries me about him though. Everyone makes a big deal about Margus Hunt's age. Well, Williams isn't far behind. He will be 25 in November. Does that make a difference to anyone else when it comes to taking him with the 18th pick?

For me, its not quite as big of a deal because I think that Hunt is more raw than Williams is. Hunt is the kind of player that you need to mold for two or three years, and I think Williams can contribute from day 1. Just my opinion, though. But man, I love me some Sly Williams

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it for what its worth, but local radio guy has heard that Dallas has contingency trades worked out with both the 9ers and Falcons to move back.

I wouldn't mind pick 31 and 34. Still a lot of value right there, even though its not likely coop or warmack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 64 of 81

Jump to: