Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Rumor/Signings Thread III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 10214
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
I thought I read somewhere that Star was given medical clearance and his heart checked out fine. Could cause his stock to come back up again if that's the case.


He stated at his Pro Day that he has been medically cleared.

Quote:
But after Wednesday's workout, Lotulelei told reporters he was medically cleared a week after the combine and speculated the initial abnormality may have been caused by a virus.


He will not fall to us. I'd be shocked if he dropped out of the Top 5.
_________________


Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.


Last edited by htfryar on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 36882
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42790/309/free-agency-update
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3484
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Dallas Thomas is a guy that's really getting overlooked. I'd love to get him in the 2nd if we can't land Warmack/Cooper in the 1st and if Warford is gone by our 2nd round pick.
_________________

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 23796
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For fun, We should draft...

Star
Dallas
Landry
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20347
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
For fun, We should draft...

Star
Dallas
Landry


Landry Jones is the triple kick-to-the-groin:

1. His first name reminds us of the man whom many of us grew up loving.
2. His last name reminds us of the man whom many of us continue to hate.
3. His play of the field is that of an erratic QB who can't be trusted to put the team on his shoulders and win the game.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Felix=Fast!


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 2216
Location: Amarillo Tx
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are thoughts on Jarvis Jones?

He is very intriguing to me at the SAM LB. Could provide a little pass rush and can play sideline to sideline...

Luxury pick? yes
Intruiging? Hell yes

I'd be interested to see

Carter-Lee-Jones

SEC Defensive POY 2 years in a row...
_________________


Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20347
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix=Fast! wrote:
What are thoughts on Jarvis Jones?


Best player in the draft, in my opinion. He's the perfect fit for the 4-3 "elephant" position. Great pass rusher and a turnover forcing machine. He'll need to focus more on training when he gets to the NFL, but he's easily the best player in the draft. Monster talent.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeneralDissaray


Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 5318
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42790/309/free-agency-update


Victor Butler at #12. He must have hired Flavor Flav as his hype man. What a joke.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JWingate


Moderator
Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 4730
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
What are thoughts on Jarvis Jones?


Best player in the draft, in my opinion. He's the perfect fit for the 4-3 "elephant" position. Great pass rusher and a turnover forcing machine. He'll need to focus more on training when he gets to the NFL, but he's easily the best player in the draft. Monster talent.

best player in the draft? I have him as a late round pick in the 1st or early 2nd. I am not that high on him, I do believe he can excel in a specific scheme though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DreamEater53


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 318
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm somewhere in between "best player in the draft" and "late 1st early 2nd."

I think if he fell to us, he would be the pick. I feel like Jerry Jones would love to draft this guy. Of course this is assuming the whole spinal stenosis thing is cleared up, if it hasn't been already (I haven't heard anything about it recently). I would be thrilled if this happened to be honest. I know we have much bigger needs, but we would have our linebacking core in the top 5 in the league probably for the next decade. Not to mention, we can grab a starting caliber guard/center in the 2nd/3rd
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20347
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
What are thoughts on Jarvis Jones?


Best player in the draft, in my opinion. He's the perfect fit for the 4-3 "elephant" position. Great pass rusher and a turnover forcing machine. He'll need to focus more on training when he gets to the NFL, but he's easily the best player in the draft. Monster talent.

best player in the draft? I have him as a late round pick in the 1st or early 2nd. I am not that high on him, I do believe he can excel in a specific scheme though.


I think he fits perfectly in a 3-4 or as a 4-3 "elephant" pass rusher. He doesn't play well in pass coverage, but the film on him doesn't lie, especially in the SEC. He plays the run well, is a phenomenal pass rusher, has great instincts, and creates turnovers like it's nobody's business. I'll stand by my opinion. And if he busts, he busts. But no one in this draft class played as well or as dominantly as he did with respect to his position.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 44603
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
JWingate wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
What are thoughts on Jarvis Jones?


Best player in the draft, in my opinion. He's the perfect fit for the 4-3 "elephant" position. Great pass rusher and a turnover forcing machine. He'll need to focus more on training when he gets to the NFL, but he's easily the best player in the draft. Monster talent.

best player in the draft? I have him as a late round pick in the 1st or early 2nd. I am not that high on him, I do believe he can excel in a specific scheme though.


I think he fits perfectly in a 3-4 or as a 4-3 "elephant" pass rusher. He doesn't play well in pass coverage, but the film on him doesn't lie, especially in the SEC. He plays the run well, is a phenomenal pass rusher, has great instincts, and creates turnovers like it's nobody's business. I'll stand by my opinion. And if he busts, he busts. But no one in this draft class played as well or as dominantly as he did with respect to his position.


Wouldn't Ware play the Joker/Elephant role?
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20347
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
JWingate wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
What are thoughts on Jarvis Jones?


Best player in the draft, in my opinion. He's the perfect fit for the 4-3 "elephant" position. Great pass rusher and a turnover forcing machine. He'll need to focus more on training when he gets to the NFL, but he's easily the best player in the draft. Monster talent.

best player in the draft? I have him as a late round pick in the 1st or early 2nd. I am not that high on him, I do believe he can excel in a specific scheme though.


I think he fits perfectly in a 3-4 or as a 4-3 "elephant" pass rusher. He doesn't play well in pass coverage, but the film on him doesn't lie, especially in the SEC. He plays the run well, is a phenomenal pass rusher, has great instincts, and creates turnovers like it's nobody's business. I'll stand by my opinion. And if he busts, he busts. But no one in this draft class played as well or as dominantly as he did with respect to his position.


Wouldn't Ware play the Joker/Elephant role?


Not necessarily. If the front is DE, NT, DT, then Ware is playing the DE spot, and the elephant would be the pass rusher on the opposite side. If it's a DT, NT, DT front, then yes, Ware would be the elephant. It would just depend on who we place at the d-line.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canadaluvsdalla


Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 3330
Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting a erie feeling it is going to be someone no one will see coming for us in the first round but will be a pick we all will be happy with.
_________________

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SetonHallCowboy


Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 15
Location: South Orange, NJ
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
I'm getting a erie feeling it is going to be someone no one will see coming for us in the first round but will be a pick we all will be happy with.


As we all know by now, the 3 most popular choices at this point are Cooper Warmack and Vaccaro. If either Cooper or Warmack are on the board at 18, I would love to draft them, as would the rest of you. In my scenario, I am predicting both Cooper and Warmack to be taken. (Yes, I am well aware that guards always fall in the draft.)

I think something that needs to brought up more consistently is the DT position. Keep in mind how important the "1" technique is in Kiffin's scheme. Broaddus mentioned that they want Ratliff to play the "3", and that Hatcher will be best served as a rotational player, as he should be. I may be in the minority, but I honestly think the Cowboy's #1 priority in this draft is a "1" technique that can get to the QB. Do I think they will draft one at 18? No, because I don't think they will find the value at the spot. I look for them to draft Vaccaro at 18, assuming he's available. I am sure you all will be okay with that, so long as we draft the OL in the 2nd round. However, I believe a guy like Kuwann Short in the 2nd is a very realistic possibility.

A lot of you will be very unhappy with this scenario, but the fact remains that we can draft a Guard in the 3rd round that's good enough to start right away. This is how I see our draft board playing out. Realistic?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 37 of 81

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group