Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Rumor/Signings Thread III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Of all the FA's left, I think I would narrow it down to this list and see who we can get cheapest.

Locked in:

L. Robinson
Barber or Huff (leaning Barber)

Potential:
Osi or Idonije
Vollmer or A Smith
Seymour
Benson/Wells/Hillis

I still would like to bring in Winston if he doesn't sign with Miami today or tomorrow. I also like Idonije quite a bit. Think he could handle the left end spot while we let Crawford develop a little more.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can D. Moore play OLB in the 4-3?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

Pretty much all reports have him 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE. I've heard nothing about him playing 4-3 OLB. I think they say his coverage is lacking, but I haven't looked at any tape personally.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

Probably too stiff. Don't think it best suits his skill set.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm curious - I've seen many mocks that have Star falling out of hte top 10 - but not out of the first. The only way I see him making it out of the top 5, let alone the top 10, is if he is falling ever team's medical exam and his heart is just not where it needs to be, which would drop him out of the first entirely in my opinion.

But - for this instance - let's assume Star and Cooper both fell to #18

Who would you take?

Sig courtesy of mack.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
So I'm curious - I've seen many mocks that have Star falling out of hte top 10 - but not out of the first. The only way I see him making it out of the top 5, let alone the top 10, is if he is falling ever team's medical exam and his heart is just not where it needs to be, which would drop him out of the first entirely in my opinion.

Who would you take?

Ordinarily, I say you stick to your board. Personally, my board has Star higher.

However, if Star falls to 18, there is a reason. There would obviously be some concerns over his heart, because he has every reason to go top 5, definitely top 10. If our doctors clear him, then I would say Star. If he is a huge question mark, then you have to knock him for that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

Who would you take?

Cooper. Have to take care of Romo first and foremost.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

Who would you take?

Star. And not think twice.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going Star - assuming obviously our Dr's clear him - because you never leave your board and you always draft BPA, especially if there is a need at both. Heck I'm taking Star and then selling next year's first and our 2nd to get back into the first for Cooper or looking to go after Warford in the 2nd.

Sig courtesy of mack.
htfryar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
I'm going Star - assuming obviously our Dr's clear him - because you never leave your board and you always draft BPA, especially if there is a need at both. Heck I'm taking Star and then selling next year's first and our 2nd to get back into the first for Cooper or looking to go after Warford in the 2nd.

I hate giving up future picks, but this is one time I'd definitely make the exception. Star and Cooper in the 1st would be amazing.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 26 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack, 1 Forced Fumble, 3 Pass Break Ups
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

Never been a huge BPA supporter. I mean it's not bad by any stretch, if the situation fits it, ie your team is loaded. Dallas isn't in that situation. They have talent, but also have some gapping holes. If Star is say the 8th player on BB and Cooper the 11th, I'd be inclined to take Cooper as protecting your QB should be priority #1. Though that philosophy changes should Star be ranked well above Cooper.

I guess my stance would lean towards taking the BPA at a position of need.

And, never, ever trade away future picks, especially high ones, unless you have an Andrew Luck type prospect available. Simply too much unknown to take those types of gambles otherwise.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

Who would you take?
Star. Easy.

If he falls past 12 i think Dallas Trades up and snatches him. Broaddus said that the scouts in Dallas are pretty high on him.

Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I read somewhere that Star was given medical clearance and his heart checked out fine. Could cause his stock to come back up again if that's the case.

^^^mack
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
I thought I read somewhere that Star was given medical clearance and his heart checked out fine. Could cause his stock to come back up again if that's the case.

It did and he worked out at his Pro Day but he's going to get re-examined by the NFL physicians on April 15th I believe and I'm sure each team will have their own doctors examine him separately (or I would assume they would)

Sig courtesy of mack.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

It did and he worked out at his Pro Day but he's going to get re-examined by the NFL physicians on April 15th I believe and I'm sure each team will have their own doctors examine him separately (or I would assume they would)

Gotcha.

^^^mack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 36 of 81

Jump to: