Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Rumor/Signings Thread III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoever does best in TC and pre-season.

- You can't afford to have the thought, that a guy should have the starting job. None of those guys have proved in anyway they are capable of starting next season (Albrigth probably is the closest one, and Parnell ofcourse but he will have to battle it out with Free in TC), You have to bring in someone to not put all of your eggs in one basket for a position as DE, OLB and safety as well.

Guard is a position where we will have a lot of competition, but i'm unsure if any one of them are good enough.

To set someone of these guys up to be a starter by not bringing in a FA or draft pick, would simply just be stupid. I'm not willing to only have Crawford as the only SDE worthy of a shot at starting on the team, not willing to have Albrigth as the only worthy of SOLB either.

- Look at your guys comments, there's a awfully lot of "think" and "I have a feeling" in those sentences. Are we really going to ignore a position, because we "think" or "feel" with almost nothing to base it on? That Parnell can play is something we for an example have a good idea about, because he did great on the field last year. He has showed enough for us to warrant a expectation of that he can start, and therefor we are not in need to imo bring a guy in to compete with him other then Free. Where as a guy as Wilber who nearly didn't play last season (even with a lot of injuries to the LB'ers, which to me shows he can't cover) haven't proved anything, Leary haven't proved anything, Arkin haven't proved anything and so on.
- Crawford have showen a little, but that was from being a 3-4 DE. The position he was drafted for, can he be effective in a 4-3 and be a starter? I think so, but he haven't proved enough to that it will keep me from drafting a player or bring in a FA. I would prefer to find a guy, who doesn't warrant the starting time as a guy like Ware, since Crawford have showed some promise, so that Crawford at least would see the field a lot in a rotational role and keep develop. I also remember reading, that we like him better as a DT then DE? Not sure, but I think I did..
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one is arguing that a player should just be handed a starting job. But we could use some serious competition at OLB, DE, OT, OG, C, DT. Where are you getting 6 guys from?

At some point you have to give the guys you've invested in an opportunity to show what they've got. I'm a lot more comfortable seeing what Crawford's got than to use more resources at that position that costs us an opportunity to land a player at a different position.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know anything about Jason Smith?

Could this be a "columbo" in disguise? The fact that he was a back up all last year should indicate that he will be dirt cheap.

Can he play OG? Could he be depth?
JWingate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

Could this be a "columbo" in disguise? The fact that he was a back up all last year should indicate that he will be dirt cheap.

I will watch some 2011 game film and get back to you..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the Cowboys game vs the Rams. Jason Smith looked good but lost, it is like he doesn't watch film. He can block and gets to the second level, but doesn't give that extra effort you know he can, which it might just be an effort on and off the field. I would imagine he could play OG as well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone listened to the draft show today. I've heard him allude to it, but I've never heard him spell it out like he did today.

Broaddus says players with a documented history of domestic abuse or drug use come off the board. No exceptions. Said Parcells implemented it, and it has stuck.

So Matthieu and Rambo can be eliminated from mocks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I don't know if anyone listened to the draft show today. I've heard him allude to it, but I've never heard him spell it out like he did today.

Broaddus says players with a documented history of domestic abuse or drug use come off the board. No exceptions. Said Parcells implemented it, and it has stuck.

I believe he has said it in every draft show..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

I believe he has said it in every draft show..

Must have been spacing out in those moments. I had heard him mention that a guy like Matthieu would be off the board, but never heard him give the exact criteria.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

2nd overall pick out of Baylor. Lost at RT, and seems to be better fit at OG. He has injury issues throughout his career as well. So buyer beware

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking at potential late round LBs for depth and I was very intrigued by Phillip Steward from Houston. Anyone else seen him play and what did you think? I feel like he'd be an ideal back-up to Carter at Will if we didn't want to re-sign Sims.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have a link but saw on twitter that the Falcons will release Michael Turner. What kind of salary will he demand? Could be a decent backup to Murray at the right price.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
Don't have a link but saw on twitter that the Falcons will release Michael Turner. What kind of salary will he demand? Could be a decent backup to Murray at the right price.

Meh, I'll pass. I'd much rather draft somebody. I like Gillislee and Ellington to name a couple that I wouldn't mind seeing as a Cowboy.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus

Quote:
ď@thorp84: @BryanBroaddus After today do you think any OL draft stock rose or fell?Ē Cooper and Lane Johnson went up.

Also. Check out the views here: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-BryanBroaddus/Combine-Broaddus-Picks-Out-Favorites-From-Bench-Press-/27c84470-e5c1-47cb-a29e-b777e617cd33

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
TVScout

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Frederick in my view is a belly to belly blocker and there were plenty of times where he didnít sustain his blocks and you would see his man on the tackle.

Laughing
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVScout wrote:
Quote:
Frederick in my view is a belly to belly blocker and there were plenty of times where he didnít sustain his blocks and you would see his man on the tackle.

Laughing

I kinda saw that too. He is massive, and you kind of expect him to just maul defenders, but he walls well

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 24 of 81

Jump to: