Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Rumor/Signings Thread III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYDC4life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
NYDC4life wrote:
JWingate wrote:
NYDC4life wrote:
I want to know your guys thoughts on Kawann Short. His production in college jumps out and seems to be climbing. In my eyes I like production over potential. IMO he could be talked about at # 18.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1631164/kawann-short

I like him in the 2nd round. He looks good just doesn't what you look for out of a 1st round pick.

I don't think he last to our 47th pick.

I agree. He's far from my first choice, but I think he's going to be in the conversation for #18 by the time April rolls around.

Would you be satisfied with a Short / Warford 1,2 combo ? I could get on board with that.

No doubt. A draft with Short/ Warford with the first two picks would be fantastic. Damn Mensa,don't get my hopes up, cause I no what looms in the Waroom.

Football Mensa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York wrote:

Quote:
No doubt. A draft with Short/ Warford with the first two picks would be fantastic. Damn Mensa,don't get my hopes up, cause I no what looms in the Waroom.

LOL. After the draft I ask myself did the team improve , move laterally or regress. I definitely think this would be a huge improvement for both lines. Add a competent safety in the third and overall it would be a good draft.

However Jerry thinks the o line has a lot of talent and has said so. Just one of the many reasons we continue to be mediocre.
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
New York wrote:

Quote:

LOL. After the draft I ask myself did the team improve , move laterally or regress. I definitely think this would be a huge improvement for both lines. Add a competent safety in the third and overall it would be a good draft.

However Jerry thinks the o line has a lot of talent and has said so. Just one of the many reasons we continue to be mediocre.

How would ya'll feel about a Vacarro/Warford first 2 rds?

Love watching Short though. he can ragdoll people when he feels like it.

Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix=Fast! wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
New York wrote:

Quote:

To be honest it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world IMO, but we would really need to take a lineman in the 3rd. Brandon Williams or Bennie Logan might come to mind, though I don't know as much about Logan as Mensa probably does because of the LSU connection

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any interest in taking a flyer on Ron Brace? Has some bulk, and could be a rotational guy, since we will most likely lose Brent all year, and Ratliff for a part. Tell me if my thinking is correct. In the Tampa 2, you have one larger more run stuffing DT that plays almost at the NT position, and then have a more Ratliff/Hatcher type guy at the other DT position.

Also, I thought the Kiffin Tampa 2 thread was gonna be a sticky. It would be nice if it was there. If there was a search box, I wouldn't need it.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Also, I thought the Kiffin Tampa 2 thread was gonna be a sticky. It would be nice if it was there. If there was a search box, I wouldn't need it.

Check out the forum Directory.

^^^mack
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
New York wrote:

Quote:

To be honest it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world IMO, but we would really need to take a lineman in the 3rd. Brandon Williams or Bennie Logan might come to mind, though I don't know as much about Logan as Mensa probably does because of the LSU connection

Logan is very underrated. He commanded a lot of double teams and he has won his fair share vs Warmack. I want to see how much he weighs right now. He played in the 290's in 2011. He weighed more than that in 2012. He has played the 0-4 tech along the LSU d line. One of his strengths is play recoginition. He is very adepth as recoginizing screen plays. He is best suited for a 1 or 3 tech.
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
New York wrote:

Quote:

What do you want him to say? " Our line sucks!" Find me one GM who talks negatively about their personel???
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
New York wrote:

Quote:

What do you want him to say? " Our line sucks!" Find me one GM who talks negatively about their personel???

If he knows the line sucks don't say it has serious talent. We knew the line sucked in October but the gm puts his ugly mug in front of a camera and comments about how we have serious talent on the o line. LOL. Futile wishes.
TVScout

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix=Fast! wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
New York wrote:

Quote:

That is the problem with me against him. I watched him in at least two games and half the time he just stood around and watched. If we can't get Floyd then draft OL.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
New York wrote:

Quote:

If he knows the line sucks don't say it has serious talent. We knew the line sucked in October but the gm puts his ugly mug in front of a camera and comments about how we have serious talent on the o line. LOL. Futile wishes.

So he should say, "This line has a lack of any talent"? You would probably complain over him throwing his players under the bus then.. Wink

- I have no issue what so ever with the GM supporting his players infront of the media.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any interest in Oakland Raiders Free agent LB Philip Wheeler for the SAM position? Age 28. 6'2" 240lbs. 100+tackles last year.

http://www.nfl.com/player/philipwheeler/330/profile
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Any interest in Oakland Raiders Free agent LB Philip Wheeler for the SAM position? Age 28. 6'2" 240lbs. 100+tackles last year.

http://www.nfl.com/player/philipwheeler/330/profile

That is a guy that I put in my most recent mock offseason. I like him quite a bit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8373/player

Quote:
NFL doctors have given Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones a clean bill of health regarding early-college concerns about spinal stenosis.

Helps his draft stock.

^^^mack
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8373/player

Quote:
NFL doctors have given Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones a clean bill of health regarding early-college concerns about spinal stenosis.

Helps his draft stock.

You bet it does. It moved him back into the top 5. In my opinion, he's the best player in the entire draft by a wide margin, so this should settle many GMs' nerves.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 20 of 81

Jump to: