Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Rumor/Signings Thread III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RatherBeHuntin'

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
I think people have unrealistic expectations on knee injuries, due to Adrian Peterson, and Willis Mcgahee. Who knows if Lattimore will ever be able to play again, and to spend a 3rd on him, I think is too risky. If his medical exams go well, and the progress look good, that I'd be more willing to take a chance.

I think that this is very well put. This would be my primary concern with Lattimore. We could literally get a shadow of his former self and even that might take time. I just can't justify using even a mid round pick on him personally.
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone watched NC State the past year or two, or scouted David Amerson? I was wondering what you guys would think of taking him in the 2nd/3rd and converting him from CB to FS. He has the measurables at 6'3" 195 and the ball skills to play the position. But my major concern is, can he consistantly and willingly tackle and help vs the run game?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
Has anyone watched NC State the past year or two, or scouted David Amerson? I was wondering what you guys would think of taking him in the 2nd/3rd and converting him from CB to FS. He has the measurables at 6'3" 195 and the ball skills to play the position. But my major concern is, can he consistantly and willingly tackle and help vs the run game?

Also, if converted where does he rank among the safety prospect ranked around those rounds.

Elam
Cyprien
Rambo
Thomas
Swearenger
McDonald

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have watched a decent amount on Amerson. There are times where he makes you say, "he is the best cornerback prospect in the draft." However, there are also times where he makes you say, "I wonder if this guy can hold up at corner in the NFL." I think he will be drafted as a cornerback, because if you can gets 6'3 ballhawking corner to figure out some kinks, you have a phenomenal football player. However, I think he ends up playing safety at the next level. He has a knack for finding the football, but like you mentioned, he struggles to consistently make open field tackles. However, that is not to say that he doesn't try. He is willing to lay his body out there and step up in run support. He just needs to work on his overall technique. A little stiff in the hips, which is why I think a move to safety is best. But on the other hand, might not be disciplined enough to be your last line of defense.

I would have him around 7th on my safety list, although I separate FS and SS now. So on my FS list, I would have it something like this.

Kenny Vaccaro
Eric Reid
Phillip Thomas
Tony Jefferson
DJ Swearinger
David Amerson
Bacarri Rambo

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
TVScout

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a tall CB (I do) then the pick should be Tharold Simon in the 4th. The man is a ball hawk. Too bad he doesn't tackle.
TVScout

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Andrews Equally Optimistic About Marcus Lattimore and RGIII

Quote:
Lattimore says well-known sports surgeon James Andrews, part of the team that performed the operation, has told him several times hes going to shock the world with his complete comeback.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/02/08/dr-andrews-equally-optimistic-about-marcus-lattimore-and-rgiii/
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/2/9/3970250/nfl-draft-2013-finding-playmaking-4-3-defensive-ends-dallas-cowboys
Quote:

1. Mike Catapano, DE, Princeton (6033, 270 and 4.85): After dominating the Ivy League, Catapano came to Tampa needing to prove he could be as productive against better competition and he definitely did that. Quick off the ball, Catapano displayed strong and aggressive use of hands to jolt and defeat pass blocks with surprising ease. Able to consistently beat the offensive tackle around the corner and inside allowed him to regularly pressure the quarterback in every drill. Not only productive rushing the passer, his ability to defeat run blocks allowed him to make plays against the run at him and away. His strong week of practice has put Catapano in position to be a third round pick if he continues to perform well the rest of the spring.

I don't think he will go in the third. But I want him. Bad.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WATCH THIS LINK AND FALL IN LOVE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GcdKCG5F8Q

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
NYDC4life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to know your guys thoughts on Kawann Short. His production in college jumps out and seems to be climbing. In my eyes I like production over potential. IMO he could be talked about at # 18.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1631164/kawann-short

JWingate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYDC4life wrote:
I want to know your guys thoughts on Kawann Short. His production in college jumps out and seems to be climbing. In my eyes I like production over potential. IMO he could be talked about at # 18.

I like him in the 2nd round. He looks good just doesn't what you look for out of a 1st round pick.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
NYDC4life wrote:

I like him in the 2nd round. He looks good just doesn't what you look for out of a 1st round pick.

I don't think he last to our 47th pick.

Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYDC4life wrote:
JWingate wrote:
NYDC4life wrote:

I agree. He's far from my first choice, but I think he's going to be in the conversation for #18 by the time April rolls around.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I really like what Short brings to the table. Would have no issue with Dallas grabbing him at 18 at the moment

Kiltman on avy Pepper90 on sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
WATCH THIS LINK AND FALL IN LOVE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GcdKCG5F8Q

Definitely looks like a high effort, "never give up" type of player....fits redball's "RKG" i would assume by the way he plays at least.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
NYDC4life wrote:
JWingate wrote:
NYDC4life wrote:

I agree. He's far from my first choice, but I think he's going to be in the conversation for #18 by the time April rolls around.

Would you be satisfied with a Short / Warford 1,2 combo ? I could get on board with that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 19 of 81

Jump to: