Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Rumor/Signings Thread III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SHSTE92


Joined: 08 Jan 2006
Posts: 3524
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Broaddus Top 5 Safeties:

1) Vaccaro
2) Cyprien
3) Elam
4) Reid
5) Swearinger

https://twitter.com/BryanBroaddus/status/297135523233923072

Wonder what he thinks of Phillip Thomas... I like him but i also like all those guys as well


On the draft show today, he said he doesn't really like him much at this point.

He was also asked where he would rank Matt Johnson among this year's safety prospects. He said he thinks Vaccaro, Cyprien, Elam, and Reid are better players. He would rank Johnson ahead of Swearinger.


Glad someone else doesn't like Thomas. Not touching him with a 10 foot pole, reminds me of Nate Allen and we saw how that has gone...
_________________

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6681
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, its officially the offseason. Interested to see what we decide to do
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canadaluvsdalla


Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 3421
Location: Travel-er
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whens the draft again?
_________________

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6681
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Whens the draft again?


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=when+is+the+2013+nfl+draft%3F
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JWingate


Moderator
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 4804
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Whens the draft again?


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=when+is+the+2013+nfl+draft%3F

but if you plan on going then you have to be there the 23rd.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atran35


Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Posts: 3225
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only people I'm looking at in FA is OT Andre Smith and DT Henry Melton.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 20858
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
Only people I'm looking at in FA is OT Andre Smith and DT Henry Melton.


I wouldn't even look at Andre Smith. We can't keep throwing money at second rate offensive linemen expecting that to fix the problem. We need to start evaluating offensive linemen with the same level of interest and scrutiny as we do with LBs. We then need to spend the valuable resources on those players so we'll have long term, home grown talent. It's less expensive and would keep Romo healthier.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little twist in free agency....how about Paul Kruger , draft a dt as well and the d line would be in great shape. Draft a couple of o linemen and both lines would be rebuilt.
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dboys88-82


Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Posts: 1761
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2098/kyle-vanden-bosch

Quote:
Lions informed RE Kyle Vanden Bosch of his release.
The KVB, Titus Young, and Stephen Peterman cuts save Detroit $8.5M in cap space. Vanden Bosch, 34, was carrying a $10.7M cap number with $7M due via bonus and salary. So this was an obvious move after he registered just 3.5 sacks in 2012. KVB started all 16 games over each of the last two seasons, spending the last three in Detroit. After experiencing a career revival under DL coach Jim Washburn in Tennessee, Vanden Bosch signed a four-year deal with the Lions. Washburn was recently hired by Detroit, which isn't a good sign for what's left in Vanden Bosch's tank.


Aging high effort 4-3 DE....maybe for cheap
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 20858
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2098/kyle-vanden-bosch

Quote:
Lions informed RE Kyle Vanden Bosch of his release.
The KVB, Titus Young, and Stephen Peterman cuts save Detroit $8.5M in cap space. Vanden Bosch, 34, was carrying a $10.7M cap number with $7M due via bonus and salary. So this was an obvious move after he registered just 3.5 sacks in 2012. KVB started all 16 games over each of the last two seasons, spending the last three in Detroit. After experiencing a career revival under DL coach Jim Washburn in Tennessee, Vanden Bosch signed a four-year deal with the Lions. Washburn was recently hired by Detroit, which isn't a good sign for what's left in Vanden Bosch's tank.


Aging high effort 4-3 DE....maybe for cheap


No. Next issue.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J_Rowskee_DC


Joined: 25 May 2008
Posts: 782
Location: University of North Texas
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take Henry Melton as a free agent. Younger than Spencer and has chemistry with Marinelli, and he has experience in the new defense.
_________________

thanks to Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JWingate


Moderator
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 4804
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to make a statement about a prospect in the draft and I want to hear everyone's reaction.

Jonathan Cooper is a better Offensive Guard than Chance Warmack.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RatherBeHuntin'


Joined: 15 Feb 2009
Posts: 388
Location: Tucson
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
I'm going to make a statement about a prospect in the draft and I want to hear everyone's reaction.

Jonathan Cooper is a better Offensive Guard than Chance Warmack.


All around or specific to our needs/scheme?

Either way I think a valid argument can be made. Warmack had the benefit of significantly greater talent surrounding him that certainly doesn't hurt his perception as a prospect. Cooper was dominant without that same benefit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JWingate


Moderator
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 4804
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RatherBeHuntin' wrote:
JWingate wrote:
I'm going to make a statement about a prospect in the draft and I want to hear everyone's reaction.

Jonathan Cooper is a better Offensive Guard than Chance Warmack.


All around or specific to our needs/scheme?

Either way I think a valid argument can be made. Warmack had the benefit of significantly greater talent surrounding him that certainly doesn't hurt his perception as a prospect. Cooper was dominant without that same benefit.

I believe it is both, I also know that Cooper has the most room to grow as well.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RatherBeHuntin'


Joined: 15 Feb 2009
Posts: 388
Location: Tucson
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
RatherBeHuntin' wrote:
JWingate wrote:
I'm going to make a statement about a prospect in the draft and I want to hear everyone's reaction.

Jonathan Cooper is a better Offensive Guard than Chance Warmack.


All around or specific to our needs/scheme?

Either way I think a valid argument can be made. Warmack had the benefit of significantly greater talent surrounding him that certainly doesn't hurt his perception as a prospect. Cooper was dominant without that same benefit.

I believe it is both, I also know that Cooper has the most room to grow as well.


Well I won't be debating you. I prefer Cooper's athleticism. I feel that he also has the potential to be a very comparable "mauler" to Warmack with time as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 17 of 81

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group