Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Rumor/Signings Thread III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus
@ippyny: Any chance Vaccarro drops to us in the draft? The more I've seen him play the more impressed I am. Heard maybe best on board.

Bob Sturm wrote:
If you expect me to stop rooting against Philadelphia, their fans, or their football team, then lower your expectations. It won't happen.
Tha King

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@BryanBroaddus vaccaro is the number 1 player on their entire board? For safety.
Wink

I'm personally not too big on Vaccaro myself,wouldn't hate it,but really think we could get a better player in the 1st for the trenches.

-- Also really like some of the potential 'safeties' in the mid rounds (3rd-4th rounds); DJ Swearinger,TJ McDonald,and even Rambo if he checks out in the interviews.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenny Vaccaro 6'1" 218 lbs
Mark Barron 6'1" 213 lbs

Now Vaccaro isn't as decorated as Barron was. But they are both total RKGs, and fairly similar prospects, IMO.

If Barron was on our short list last year, I don't see why Vaccaro wouldn't be this year. I think that when it comes down to it, though, we'll end up going with a lineman (offensive of defensive). But given a scenario where Warmack, Cooper, Richardson, and Floyd were off the board? It wouldn't shock me if we went Vaccaro.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the whole Te'o fake girlfriend thing is a huge story and all and he is viewed as more of an inside linebacker, but call me crazy i think he would be a good SLB for us as well. He's a good tackler and has the size to take a beating.

Some people think he will fall some in the draft after this story, and even before this week i was seeing him fall down near our drafting spot. If we were drafting strictly on need at this point, then te'o wouldnt be the selection, but if we are going BPA regardless of need (depending who is there maybe he wouldnt be BPA), then what do you guys say? It could be argued that SLB is a need. Plus a linebacker core of:
Te'o--Lee --Carter

Looks pretty good. Some will say he will be too much drama, but idk....he just might fit Garrett's "RKG". I think Te'o's story is as funny as the next guy, but im serious...it would be a good value pick. I totally understand if i get ripped apart for this though.
romo2bryant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't were this should be posted but.. I was viewing the panthers board and some see beason getting cut/traded... he has experience in a 4-3 and is elite when healthy would any be interested or no?

A trio of Beason-Lee-Carter would be a top LB core in the NFL...
matt79511

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be pretty silly to put significant resources into a two-down, dirty-work position with limited responsibilities (SLB)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romo2bryant wrote:
I don't were this should be posted but.. I was viewing the panthers board and some see beason getting cut/traded... he has experience in a 4-3 and is elite when healthy would any be interested or no?

Can Beason play SAM? I didn't follow him really but I thought he was more a Mike or Will.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romo2bryant wrote:

Hey T_O7 is dat you ?!

On topic. Theres a reason he is getting cut. He can't stay on the field. Injury-prone. I'll pass I like the infusion of young talent from the draft we have learned to get recently.

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
Bailey134

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus he will demand a huge contract. Right now he has a 5 year 50 million dollar deal. Cant afford him!

Made by BigBadLion20

Favorite Teams
NFL- Dallas Cowboys
NCAA- Ohio State
NBA- Phoenix Suns
MLB- Yankees
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would all depend on Beason's price tag. He comes in on a cheap, one yr deal (which shouldn't be a huge issue considering he's played 5 gm in past 2 seasons), I would be all for it.

Have to say I doubt Carolina cuts him just yet, he carries a pretty lofty cap hit of $13M

Bob Sturm wrote:
If you expect me to stop rooting against Philadelphia, their fans, or their football team, then lower your expectations. It won't happen.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
romo2bryant wrote:

Hey T_O7 is dat you ?!

On topic. Theres a reason he is getting cut. He can't stay on the field. Injury-prone. I'll pass I like the infusion of young talent from the draft we have learned to get recently.

Laughing

Negative. The LIES! Avatars were from Footballs Futures Mock Draft. Where we assumed the role of the evil empire. I was sure I was the last one to hold on to that avatar. I need a new one anyways.

Beason would be a welcomed addition, pending price. As would Howard or Smith or Lawson.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about Menelik Watson out of Florida State?

Very raw, but 4th rounder? Higher?

Sig courtesy of mack.
TVScout

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't pick Glennon. Look where the ball is. Danny White fumble waiting to happen.

Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder that Senior Bowl practices will be broadcast on NFL Network starting at 4:00 PM EST today

^^^Deadpulse
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weigh-in notes:

Quote:
@BryanBroaddus Syracuse QB Nassib 6'2" 223 Eric Fisher 6'7" 305 Short 6'3" 308. McDonald 6'2" 211. Some others will be keeping eye on.

Quote:
@BryanBroaddus Weigh in is done. Some notes Okafor 6'4" 261 Hunt 6'8" 277 Fluker 6'5" 355 Warford 6'3" 333 Landry Jones 6'3" 221 Tyler Wilson 6'2" 218.

I thought Hunt would have weighed in at at least 280-285. Warford is one big boy.

^^^Deadpulse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 10 of 81

Jump to: