Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Rumor/Signings Thread III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt79511

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texasmade wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
I would imagine that Henry Melton will be tagged if not extended as well, though it would be crazy if we could get him
Dunno if he'll be tagged or not, but if he's not at all dead set on staying in Chicago, especially now that Lovie is gone. We played ball together in HS and I still keep in touch with him and his mom. Needless to say coming back home to play is something both would be interested in.

That's awesome. Help recruit? Lol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texasmade wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
I would imagine that Henry Melton will be tagged if not extended as well, though it would be crazy if we could get him
Dunno if he'll be tagged or not, but if he's not at all dead set on staying in Chicago, especially now that Lovie is gone. We played ball together in HS and I still keep in touch with him and his mom. Needless to say coming back home to play is something both would be interested in.

Shocked Shocked

6k post
been here since 2008

Where the heck do you do all your posting? I cant remember seeing you post around here....

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Texasmade

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Texasmade wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

Shocked Shocked

6k post
been here since 2008

Where the heck do you do all your posting? I cant remember seeing you post around here....
Haha I spend most of my time on the CFB forum. I used to post here back when I first signed up, but for whatever reason have quit coming over as much.
ShineOnStar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spencer resigned

Free cut

Bunch of contracts shaken and stuff like that...

We can't do much in FA due to our resigning of Spencer.

Draft:

R1: TRADE

Denver trades up and gives us 28 (660) and 60 (300) for 18 (900)

R1: Alex Okafor, DE
R2: Dallas Thomas, OG/OT (OG for us)
R2: Robert Lester, S
R3: Brennan Williams, OT
R4: Montee Ball, RB
R5: Damion Square, DT/DE
R6: Matt Scott, QB
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texasmade wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Texasmade wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

Shocked Shocked

6k post
been here since 2008

Haha I spend most of my time on the CFB forum. I used to post here back when I first signed up, but for whatever reason have quit coming over as much.

Definitely need to come over more.

If we could get Melton I'd be crazy happy.

^^^Deadpulse
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShineOnStar wrote:
Spencer resigned

Free cut

Draft:

Shine that's way too early for Lester. Baccari Rambo is better and I think he will be available in the 3rd.
Runaway Jim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryan Broaddus thinks the Cowboys will execute a built in restructure in Doug Free's contract and that he will be our starting RT again next year. I had assumed he would be cut.

The_Slamman wrote:
RJ is officially the Champion
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:
Bryan Broaddus thinks the Cowboys will execute a built in restructure in Doug Free's contract and that he will be our starting RT again next year. I had assumed he would be cut.

You have to admit, he wasn't as bad later in the year. Rotating with Parnell seemed to light a fire under his rear.

FWIW, Broaddus also mentioned the possibility of Livings being cut...

^^^Deadpulse
Runaway Jim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:

You have to admit, he wasn't as bad later in the year. Rotating with Parnell seemed to light a fire under his rear.

It's one less hole to fill. As long as we can afford it I am in favor of it.

Hadn't seen that one about Livings.

The_Slamman wrote:
RJ is officially the Champion
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:

It's one less hole to fill. As long as we can afford it I am in favor of it.

Hadn't seen that one about Livings.

Truly doubt Livings or McK get cut as I believe it'd cost money

Sig courtesy of mack.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some guys from the HP that interested me. What's your thought on them?

Quote:
Kyle Long, OL, Oregon
Howie's son and Chris' brother originally planned on making his name in a different sport. He was a very good baseball player that originally signed to play the sport at Florida State. He left FSU with grade difficulty and some substance abuse issues, and eventually ended up on the gridiron at Saddleback(CA) Community College. Long landed at Oregon with one year of eligibility and became a backup tackle. Injuries forced him into the lineup at guard, and the NFL all of a sudden looked like a realistic possibility. Long has a lot of things going for him. The obvious bloodlines are there, and he's even bigger than his brother and father. Long is 6'7 320 but is also a good athlete. He's had success as a guard, using his size, strength, and athleticism to quickly make an impact. He has the natural tools to play tackle, but is clearly a work in progress at any position. Even though his time on the field has been sparse, Long has a ton of upside and is a name that could really make some noise in the post season.

Quote:
Justin Pugh, OT, Syracuse
Athletic tackles are always in demand, and that is what makes Pugh a quality prospect. His name is rarely in discussion as a top 50 selection, but that's where players with his talent go. He is a three year starter for the Orangemen and has the skills to man the position in the NFL. He is a good natural athlete with nimble feet and good lateral agility. He mirrors defenders in pass protection, and is very good at blocking in space. Pugh also shows some pop at the point of attack and can get some movement in the running game. He will need to add some more weight to his frame, but he is a very good all around tackle prospect. He doesn't get much talk as a borderline first rounder or solid second rounder, but it would not be a reach if he was taken that high.

Quote:
Datone Jones, DL, UCLA
Jones has has played both end and tackle for the Bruins, and had success at both spots. He is solidly built at 6'4 275, and has a well rounded game to go with it. He has a great burst off the line, and uses impressive natural strength and his quickness to wreak havoc in the backfield. His combination of athleticism, quickness, power, and relentlessness make him the kind of guy you have to worry about on every snap. Jones' blend of talent and motor could allow him to play multiple roles in the NFL. His best fit may be as a strongside end in a 4-3, but some added weight could allow him to shift inside in a 4-3, or play the 5 technique in a 3-4 alignment. Jones has added quite a bit of mass since enrolling at UCLA and is pretty thick, so there are some concerns about his growth potential but the kid is a legitimate second day prospect, even if he is projected to go on day three.

Quote:
Jamie Harper, OLB, Southern Mississippi
Very few players can say they have played safety, linebacker, and defensive end at the college level. Harper can. He began his career as a safety, and gradually moved his way to the defensive line, although it was in a hybrid role off the edge. As you would expect, Harper is a gifted natural athlete with the speed to cover ground in a hurry. He is hard to block off the edge because is so quick, fast, and athletic. He has good size at 6'3 235, but he will need to bulk up further. As it stands now, he can be beaten up and taken out of plays by physical blockers. Harper will need to learn to take on blocks and shed better, in addition to getting stronger. You can't teach the speed and athleticism though. His game is attacking the line of scrimmage off the edge, but the physical tools should allow him to play in space and drop into coverage with some time to develop that part of his game. Even is a situational pass rusher, Harper has the skills to make an impact in the NFL.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texasmade wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

I pray that this is true. Henry Melton is a monster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
ShineOnStar wrote:
Spencer resigned

Free cut

Draft:

Shine that's way too early for Lester. Baccari Rambo is better and I think he will be available in the 3rd.

Why would Denver do that trade? I think that we are in a very bad position, to trade down. Not much interest in trading for mid 1st picks.

- But I defintly would love if we could trade down for Okafor. He probably is my favorite 4-3 DE in this draft.

Mensa, no way we would ever go after Rambo. Garrett has implemented a RKG system on this team which includes off the field, drafting Rambo in the 2nd would go straight towards his culture change. If he's so high on having the RKG's, he better stick to it. I don't see any reason to believe Rambo has changed, just because he has stayed clean his senior season. But I do like Rambo as a player, and was a fan of picking him in the complimentary draft if he went that way, but since then I've realized that Garrett needs to stick to his philosophy if he wants to keep some respect.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
ShineOnStar wrote:
Spencer resigned

Free cut

Draft:

Why would Denver do that trade? I think that we are in a very bad position, to trade down. Not much interest in trading for mid 1st picks.

- But I defintly would love if we could trade down for Okafor. He probably is my favorite 4-3 DE in this draft.

Mensa, no way we would ever go after Rambo. Garrett has implemented a RKG system on this team which includes off the field, drafting Rambo in the 2nd would go straight towards his culture change. If he's so high on having the RKG's, he better stick to it. I don't see any reason to believe Rambo has changed, just because he has stayed clean his senior season. But I do like Rambo as a player, and was a fan of picking him in the complimentary draft if he went that way, but since then I've realized that Garrett needs to stick to his philosophy if he wants to keep some respect.

DK I am not a believer in the rkg stuff at all. The nfl is not filled with angels. We need players and Rambo can play. Dez wasn't exactly a rkg coming out of college and he's pretty good.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It hasn't anything to do with if you believe in RKG or not, it has something to do with Garrett believing in it and preaching it at almost every time there's a press conference.
- You can't compare Dez and Rambo. Dez was maturing issues, Rambo had drug issues. Also, that was before the RKG era. It was while having Wade Phillips as the HC.

I would love Rambo as well, but with Garrett having implemented the RKG culture and having a history of removing players from his board because of drug issues makes me believe there's like 0,1 % chance of us drafting him with a premium pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 3 of 81

Jump to: