Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Rumor/Signings Thread III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broaddus: Overall impression from Senior Bowl

Broaddus has his Senior Bowl report up, found the following pretty interesting

Quote:
Did not back away from the challenge of the game. Like him (Cyprien) better than Eric Reid of LSU because he can cover, he is faster and his physical play.

^^^mack
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Broaddus: Overall impression from Senior Bowl

Broaddus has his Senior Bowl report up, found the following pretty interesting

Quote:
Did not back away from the challenge of the game. Like him (Cyprien) better than Eric Reid of LSU because he can cover, he is faster and his physical play.

If Cyprien had played at FSU instead of FIU he'd probably be in top 50. Kid is talented. Still have those lingering doubts about small school players though. He may end up being one of those draft risers that I hope Dallas steers clear of.

Warford won't surpass Warmack in my book, but every scouting reports seems to put an emphasis on his power and how light he is one his feet. Impossible to overlook those qualities. Would love for Warford to be there when Dallas' 2nd rder comes around.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reid is way overrated. He is an in the box safety like Roy Williams. I would draft him like in the 5th round that way he wouldn't be such a disappointment.
Tha King

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus
@RJBrasilcdn: @BryanBroaddus if Warmack, Cooper, Floyd and Richardson all available at 18, which direction do you go? Floyd.

Think

I'm not sure if Broaddus thinks Floyd is better than Warmack,or if he just wants DL over OL,but this is interesting nonetheless.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha King wrote:
Quote:
@RJBrasilcdn: @BryanBroaddus if Warmack, Cooper, Floyd and Richardson all available at 18, which direction do you go? Floyd.

Think

I'm not sure if Broaddus thinks Floyd is better than Warmack,or if he just wants DL over OL,but this is interesting nonetheless.

I think he views DL as a bigger need right now.

^^^mack
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha King wrote:
Quote:

Think

Well, I know that he is always talking about sticking to your board, and taking the higher player. So maybe he really does believe that Floyd is the better overall player.

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tha King wrote:
Quote:

Think

Well, I know that he is always talking about sticking to your board, and taking the higher player. So maybe he really does believe that Floyd is the better overall player.

If I remember correctly, he had Floyd a spot above Warmack on his big board that he did on last weeks Draft Show.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tha King wrote:
Quote:

Think

He does talk about sticking to your board, but he also clarifies and says that it should be in the order you are willing to draft a player. So the board can be tailored to fit your needs. He even mentioned that Fisher would probably be higher for a different team than the Cowboys.

Basically, don't have LeSean McCoy on your board in the first, if you aren't going to be willing to take him in the second, is what he is saying...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tha King wrote:
Quote:

Think

He does talk about sticking to your board, but he also clarifies and says that it should be in the order you are willing to draft a player. So the board can be tailored to fit your needs. He even mentioned that Fisher would probably be higher for a different team than the Cowboys.

Basically, don't have LeSean McCoy on your board in the first, if you aren't going to be willing to take him in the second, is what he is saying...

I mean that makes sense. Unfortunately, we did have McCoy as a first round grade, but apparently that means if he is around later, you can't take him.

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@BryanBroaddus
@RJBrasilcdn: @BryanBroaddus vacarro, richardson, and warmack available at 18. Who do you take? I have OG over DT with those names.

Looks like the only DT Broaddus would take over an OL would be Floyd, which I'm in agreement with.

^^^mack
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Quote:
@BryanBroaddus
@RJBrasilcdn: @BryanBroaddus vacarro, richardson, and warmack available at 18. Who do you take? I have OG over DT with those names.

Looks like the only DT Broaddus would take over an OL would be Floyd, which I'm in agreement with.

No. He gave his big board out. Floyd, Warmack, Richardson, Cooper, in that order. In this example, he would take the OG over the DT. But if the guard were Cooper instead of Warmack, he'd go with Richardson.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broaddus Top 5 Safeties:

1) Vaccaro
2) Cyprien
3) Elam
4) Reid
5) Swearinger

https://twitter.com/BryanBroaddus/status/297135523233923072

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Broaddus Top 5 Safeties:

1) Vaccaro
2) Cyprien
3) Elam
4) Reid
5) Swearinger

Wonder what he thinks of Phillip Thomas... I like him but i also like all those guys as well

Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix=Fast! wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Broaddus Top 5 Safeties:

1) Vaccaro
2) Cyprien
3) Elam
4) Reid
5) Swearinger

Wonder what he thinks of Phillip Thomas... I like him but i also like all those guys as well

On the draft show today, he said he doesn't really like him much at this point.

He was also asked where he would rank Matt Johnson among this year's safety prospects. He said he thinks Vaccaro, Cyprien, Elam, and Reid are better players. He would rank Johnson ahead of Swearinger.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Walter's Football:

Quote:
I've learned that the Cowboys are interested in Eric Reid. He makes sense for them, as the safety position was a major weak point after Barry Church tore his Achilles' tendon. Church was extended prior to the injury, but he's owed less than $1 million next year, so that won't prevent Dallas from picking a safety early.

Eric Reid: Late First/Early Second

Quote:
Bottom Line
The next SEC safety on which scouts have their eye, Reid brings the size, athleticism, intelligence and toughness to become an impact player in coverage (14 passes defended in the last two seasons) as well as against the run (91 total tackles) at the next level. The junior can get too overaggressive with his angles, but if Reid can rein in the athleticism, he has plenty of range to make plays all over the field.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/eric-reid?id=2540152

Game footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt8M8cCqoYw

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 16 of 81

Jump to: