Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Understanding the 4-3 alignment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen a lot of people saying Albright would move to SOLB in the 4-3. Why? I don't think he has the speed and coverage ability to play that position effectively. He was a 4-3 DE at Boston College and would probably be better there. Or am I missing something?

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 9 tackles, 1 TFL, 0 sacks
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
I have seen a lot of people saying Albright would move to SOLB in the 4-3. Why? I don't think he has the speed and coverage ability to play that position effectively. He was a 4-3 DE at Boston College and would probably be better there. Or am I missing something?

My personal opinion is that Wilber is the better fit at that spot. But, I do think Albright could play it at an average level.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:

I think his best fit would be ILB. Wouldnt like to see him at olb to much. Or DE for that sake.. to slow for olb and not a good passrusher.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
htfryar wrote:

I think his best fit would be ILB. Wouldnt like to see him at olb to much. Or DE for that sake.. to slow for olb and not a good passrusher.

See...here's the thing.

Wilber and Albright both ran the same 40 time. Albright looked decent in coverage when asked to do so late in the year and is good in run support. I think he and Wilber can compete for the SOLB job and either one would be a good option.

^^^mack
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
htfryar wrote:

See...here's the thing.

Wilber and Albright both ran the same 40 time. Albright looked decent in coverage when asked to do so late in the year and is good in run support. I think he and Wilber can compete for the SOLB job and either one would be a good option.

If I remember correctly, we had him at ILB for a couple years in our 3-4 before putting him at OLB this season behind Spencer and Ware. Not really sure where he fits in our 4-3 but I would lean towards SAM as well

Sig courtesy of mack.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
htfryar wrote:

See...here's the thing.

If I remember correctly, we had him at ILB for a couple years in our 3-4 before putting him at OLB this season behind Spencer and Ware. Not really sure where he fits in our 4-3 but I would lean towards SAM as well

You'd be correct. Albright started out at ILB in 2011 and then moved over to OLB this season.

^^^mack
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
htfryar wrote:

See...here's the thing.

You'd be correct. Albright started out at ILB in 2011 and then moved over to OLB this season.

Honestly I dont think he can provide enough pressure at DE, and he would be undersized. I really dont see him fitting anywhere else besides at SOLB. Hes a really smart guy and i hope he can find a niche in the defense somewhere. Having said that it would be nice to see wilber do well and I wont be upset if we draft a player around the 6th or 7th (if we trade for one somehow) to compete with wilber and albright.
atran35

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Brian Price a factor? I understand he had several personal issues that has clouded his NFL future( example: 2 brothers murdered and sister died ).
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Wilber initially played 4-3 DE in college after his redshirt year. I remember watching his Wake Forest game versus Baylor where he was causing R.Griffin fits even considering R.Griffin was more of a running QB back than. He started having a mediocre "meh" years after his switch to as 3-4 OLB.

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
Is Brian Price a factor? I understand he had several personal issues that has clouded his NFL future( example: 2 brothers murdered and sister died ).

Didnt realize we had him. I like this. However, besides the personal issues he also had to have radical pelvis surgeries to keep his hamstrings attached to his pelvis. Never really heard of that, but it doesnt sound too good. Im hopeful that he can live up to his draft status here in dallas.

Article on Brian Price signing: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4704184/cowboys-take-chance-on-brian-price
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully that matters, STILL not a fan of that pick. Especially if we are going to re-sign Spencer. Don't like him at 4-3 LB and we had more needs then a back-up LB/DE especially with drafting Crawford.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
textaz03

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know where to put this, so here.

@BruceCarter54: Watching highlights of Derrick Brooks!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

READ THIS ARTICLE
Northland

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
READ THIS ARTICLE

Great find. Makes a lot of sense to adopt this type of defense especially if we are going to see more of the mobile QB's and read options becoming more popular. Speed, attack, and be assignment sound. Looks good to me. Could a young man like Crawford thrive in this system?
Baixis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
READ THIS ARTICLE

I was just coming here to post that link! Great read! Makes me feel a little better about that stupid Kelly hire too - Oregon-fan friend been killing me all day! I really think this is going to work out pretty good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: