Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Understanding the 4-3 alignment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping we don't use this switch as an excuse to ignore our issues on the offensive side of the ball (namely offensive line). We can add a couple of players, but I also think we might need to roll the dice on some guys like Crawford, Wilber, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: I really like Bass and Calloway as players that might not start but contribute in the future. Where would they fit in the 4-3, if at all?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I'm hoping we don't use this switch as an excuse to ignore our issues on the offensive side of the ball (namely offensive line). We can add a couple of players, but I also think we might need to roll the dice on some guys like Crawford, Wilber, etc.

This. I think that's something people lose sight of when they do mock offseasons (and, later, criticize what holes the team didn't fill in the offseason).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

This. I think that's something people lose sight of when they do mock offseasons (and, later, criticize what holes the team didn't fill in the offseason).

I agree completely. If anything, I think the move to the 4-3 can allow us to focus MORE attention to the offensive line early.

Its important to have pass rushing DTs.... Its also important to have guys that can stop them.
G-osh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

I agree completely. If anything, I think the move to the 4-3 can allow us to focus MORE attention to the offensive line early.

Its important to have pass rushing DTs.... Its also important to have guys that can stop them.

I also hope that the switch will allow us to focus on O-line in the draft, and I mean a Tackle, Guard, and Center in the first two days.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

this.

- I see less needs for us in a 4-3 then in the 3-4. I also think that it might have been a factor in the front office deciding to change scheme.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know where orie lemon would fit? With the possibility of connor being cut i feel like lemon could provide greath depth somewhere.
superfly3176

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys see us using Crawford? Personally I'm not sure we keep ratliff around. Can Hatcher play DT is this system and crawford DE?
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superfly3176 wrote:
Do you guys see us using Crawford? Personally I'm not sure we keep ratliff around. Can Hatcher play DT is this system and crawford DE?

Hatcher will play DT, Crawford will play DE. How effective they will be is TBD.

Personally, I would roll the dice on Crawford for a year. If he doesn't cut it, then replace him next year.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
superfly3176 wrote:

Hatcher will play DT, Crawford will play DE. How effective they will be is TBD.

Personally, I would roll the dice on Crawford for a year. If he doesn't cut it, then replace him next year.

I would aswell unless there's a clear BPA. If Okafor or Ansah falls to our 2nd round pick, we should pick him. If not, I got no problem with giving Crawford a shot. We would still need to look for some depth.. Would like us to draft a DE in one of the later rounds.

- With that said, I wouldn't be to bummed with picking Ansah, or Okafor for that sake, in the 1st. But would rather have Cooper.
matt79511

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
Anyone know where orie lemon would fit? With the possibility of connor being cut i feel like lemon could provide greath depth somewhere.

Eh, thought he was more of a 3-4 thumper type. Maybe SAM.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:

He probably would be the best fit at ILB. My guess is that he is to big and doesn't have just as much speed that you would prefer from a OLB in a 4-3. But with Albright on the team, I think his snaps would be very limited depending on if he proves himself capable of being able to play OLB as well.

- I actually believe that Connor will stay on the team as a starter. Unless Te'o falls to us and we pick him..
Northland

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

Valid point. Assuming we stay at 18 I think we will have our pick of interior offensive linemen. We may even be able to trade back - remember last year how highly rated DeCastro was and he fell to the Steelers in the mid 20's. I view DT as a need given the switch to the 4-3, and the critical need for our D Line to generate pressure in Kiffin's defense. If it came down to DT vs OG at 18 what do you do? Both are big time needs.

I can't and won't attempt to factor in the myriad of potential free agency moves that could impact our draft selection.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

Valid point. Assuming we stay at 18 I think we will have our pick of interior offensive linemen. We may even be able to trade back - remember last year how highly rated DeCastro was and he fell to the Steelers in the mid 20's. I view DT as a need given the switch to the 4-3, and the critical need for our D Line to generate pressure in Kiffin's defense. If it came down to DT vs OG at 18 what do you do? Both are big time needs.

I can't and won't attempt to factor in the myriad of potential free agency moves that could impact our draft selection.

I think it depends on who is there, obviously. I agree completely with the need for a DT, and wouldn't not be opposed at all to drafting one in the first round. I just don't think we can afford to spend pretty much an entire draft helping our team transition to the new defense, like we did in 2005.

I really like Sharrif Floyd and Chance Warmack right now. Probably lean Warmack at this point. Lucky for us, there should be immediate starters at both positions in round 2.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revenant04 wrote:
Question: I really like Bass and Calloway as players that might not start but contribute in the future. Where would they fit in the 4-3, if at all?

Calloway probably doesn't fit Kiffn's style of attacking DL. He could have a role as a back up though because of his space eating. Worth having a guy like that in the rotation. Ben Bass is probably a better fit but may suffer from the fact all our DEs and NTs are basically 4-3 DTs now minus maybe Crawford.

Ratliff, Lissemore, Hatcher and I hear rumors they like Spears would prob make up your DTs with little room for any more unless they carry 5 DTs.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: