Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks file formal complaint about Fed Ex Field
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Seahawks file formal complaint about Fed Ex Field Reply with quote

Will RG3's Injury result In Snyder finally shelling out $$ For field turf?

The field Really Looked like we Needed turf the last few home games.

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/288375525179801601

Quote:
The #Seahawks have now lodged a complaint to @NFL about the #FedEx field that injured @RGIII and Chris Clemons' ACL

I agree that the field is poor, but nothing will come of this and it comes off as whiny. Didn't give either team an advantage and it helped in debilitating the Redskins' best player.

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh,its no advantage. Its old school,I prefer it. But just my opinion. Side question,when does FA start?

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Meh,its no advantage. Its old school,I prefer it. But just my opinion. Side question,when does FA start?
March, then the draft in April
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tmoney02

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe not turf, but something needs to be done with that field. Snyders dropping money for seats to be removed and replaced with party decks and bigger screens in the endzones, an indoor practice facility, and moving training camp. He better spend the money on upgrading that field, which doubles with adding to an operations staff and field crew that can manage the upkeep on an upgraded field.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the field was playing to our advantage yesterday. It really did not have an effect on RGIII and his injury. He tried to do too much and Shanahan didnt play the role of HC and say, no we need you next week, so sit down and lets let Kirk go in and win this thing.

He really needed to just sit and let the knee get better. I dont care if Dr. Andrews is on the sidelines or not. But what can he do if he cannot see inside the knee??

We'll find out from an MRI today. Hopefully its just the LCL and timetables are short.

Sidenote, Cowboys fans are freaking cheering about RGIII and his fumble like Romo and his bobbles...as if it were the same.

Such classless people to not understand two different situations, one is an injury, while the other is just Romo. Man.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
big44dog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Shanny asked Snyder for new sod he would have got it. The way the organization is going Shannys basically getting anything he wants. Maybe he wanted it a little slick and muddy to offset Seattles speed on D. Who knows, I heard on the radio the league might step in and have a governing body monitor the fields all week.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big44dog wrote:
If Shanny asked Snyder for new sod he would have got it. The way the organization is going Shannys basically getting anything he wants. Maybe he wanted it a little slick and muddy to offset Seattles speed on D. Who knows, I heard on the radio the league might step in and have a governing body monitor the fields all week.
That's true, Shanny probably did want it like that. It just sucks it backfired. You'd think that he'd want it in tip top shape so RG3's knee wouldn't get caught like it did.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Actually the field was playing to our advantage yesterday. It really did not have an effect on RGIII and his injury. He tried to do too much and Shanahan didnt play the role of HC and say, no we need you next week, so sit down and lets let Kirk go in and win this thing.

He really needed to just sit and let the knee get better. I dont care if Dr. Andrews is on the sidelines or not. But what can he do if he cannot see inside the knee??

We'll find out from an MRI today. Hopefully its just the LCL and timetables are short.

Sidenote, Cowboys fans are freaking cheering about RGIII and his fumble like Romo and his bobbles...as if it were the same.

Such classless people to not understand two different situations, one is an injury, while the other is just Romo. Man.
Ok. I just heard a great point on the radio thought about how crappy our field conditions have become.

Kory L tore his MCL and ACL Last year on it, so did Adrian Peterson.

Chris Clemons may have tore his ACL yesterday on our field.

Now RG3 might have tore his MCL or ACL on it yesterday also.

They need to either keep an awesome "green" grass field or if they aren't going to put the $ into keeping it up in good condidion, get field turf.
raq11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured this would come up. It comes up on the Bears forums a lot too. I remember researching this a while ago, and the non-contact torn ACL's happened more on field turf than grass. Most say field turf is safer, I don't see it. I like grass more, so long as it's heated and re-sodded enough.

p.s. Finger's crossed for RG3's health
big44dog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raq11 wrote:
Figured this would come up. It comes up on the Bears forums a lot too. I remember researching this a while ago, and the non-contact torn ACL's happened more on field turf than grass. Most say field turf is safer, I don't see it. I like grass more, so long as it's heated and re-sodded enough.

In my limited football experience I have played on both. Always felt quicker on field turf than grass but those first few times your like wow, since there's very little give you feel like something could pop. That said I sprained an lcl on grass in a lousy rec flag league. Go figure.
The old AstroTurf? Any knee pain I have now I blame on that s@!t.
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they should add the fake grass if the read option is here to stay for years to come. If they dont add the fake grass they have to to a much much better job keep the grass up. Ill wouldnt be surprise if the league our NFLPA steps in on this soon.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raq11 wrote:

thanks buddy, did you see what condition our field is in though?
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
I think they should add the fake grass if the read option is here to stay for years to come. If they dont add the fake grass they have to to a much much better job keep the grass up. Ill wouldnt be surprise if the league our NFLPA steps in on this soon.
yeah that's my main issue is that he field is in crappy shape. Really it's unbelievable considering we are what? The second richest franchise in the nfl
raq11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
raq11 wrote:

thanks buddy, did you see what condition our field is in though?

looked brutal, I remember the announcers saying they chose not to re-sod it which is mind blowing. If, for nothing else, perception of your team. I'm all for home field advantages, but at least make your field presentable. The Bears re-sod theirs whenever there's a concert or college game, else it's once during the season. Sometimes it looks awful at the end, but rarely at the start...
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the deal. The entire time Danny has owned the team he has not had to think about hosting a playoff game in January. Hence why he lets so many late season concerts/college games, etc... on the field. Its also why we haven't re-sodded the field after October. Because come January, no one has been playing on it.

This was a rude awakening for him.

So if he's smart, he'll re-sod the field at the end of October/beginning of November and cut out anything but Redskins games on the field after Thanksgiving.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: