Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

101 Raider's Mock Offseason Redux

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
101Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: 101 Raider's Mock Offseason Redux Reply with quote

Note:
My previous mock had us moving to 3-4 defense this time around we stick with a base 4-3

Raiders move to power blocking scheme

Major FA moves:

Resign

Phillip Adams – young, promising
Desmond Bryant – Solid player, would make a good DE in the 3-4 and has been very promising in our current 4-3
Omar Gaither – solid depth
Mike Goodson – Played well for us
Derek Hagan- Decent depth WR
Joselio Hanson – CB class is weak in both FA (I expect big names to be resigned) and draft IMO
Shawntae Spencer – ditto
Mike Mitchell – decent special teamer
Brandon Myers – played surprisingly well for us
Jeremy Stewart – decent depth RB
Philip Wheeler – Wheeler was our best linebacker this year and gets a reasonable contact extension

Cut:
Rolando McClain
Tommy Kelly
Richard Seymour
Dave Tollefson
Shane Lechler
Willie Smith
DHB

FA Pickups

RT Andre Smith
Our RT position is a revolving door. Hopefully Smith would settle down the position for a couple of years. I’d prefer Loadholt, but he’s not likely to get out Minny.

DT Terrance Knighton
Big run stuffing defensive tackle. I wanted to put Dorsey here (especially since he was my favorite player that draft) but it seems almost cliché at this point.

CB Keenan Lewis
Loads of potential. I really wanted to put Grimes or Cox or Chris Houston here, but I really don’t see us forking up or their respective teams letting them get away.

CB Mike Jenkins
Another young CB with loads of potential.

QB Drew Stanton
Fills out our QB depth with Pryor.

RB Bernard Scott
I’ve always liked Scott and felt he was criminally underutilized. Gets a chance to rotate in our RB core.

Starting draft picks

TRADE: Raiders trade 3rd overall (2200 pts) for Arizona’s 7th overall (1500 pts) 2nd (520pts), 4th (92 pts), 5th (39 pts) and 2014 4th round (46pts). Raiders get 2197 pts, Arizona gets 2200.

Arizona leap frogs Philly in order to help their putrid OL by getting Joeckel. Additional incentive for the Cards is that they even get a little value out of the deal.

After trades raiders have:

KC: Smith
Jac: Star
Cards: Joeckel
Philly: Moore
Det: Milliner
Browns: Jones
Raiders: Bjoern Werner

DRAFT

1st Bjoern Werner
I’m not infatuated with the 4-3 pass rusher in this draft and am really not comfortable taking one @3 overall. Problem is, there’s not much there later either. I’m not overwhelmed with Moore’s burst, Mingo’s tackling or ability to set an edge, Dion is requiring surgery for a torn labrum, Jarvis’ spinal stenosis (though if he checks out medically is far and away the best prospect in my opinion), much later in the draft Ansah and Margus Hunt are the definition of projects and we can’t wait for them to develop.

Werner has no red flags, is not a liability in the run game and has a better 1st step than Moore (though is behind Dion, Mingo and Jones). I’m totally on board with him @ 7ish, just not 3.

2nd (from AZ) Kevin Minter ILB LSU
I’m really disappointed that Skov stayed in school (I have kids and can’t believe I just said that). However, Minter is everything we hoped Rolando would be. He’s a downhill enforcer, intelligent and a fiery leader. Despite Teo crapping the bed (and I still think he’ll be a quality ILB in the league) I feel he’ll be the 3rd ILB after Teo and Ogeltree taken, dropping out of the 1st.

3rd Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M
I almost put Gerald Hodges from PSU here instead but Porter’s versatility (meaning pass rushing ability) gives him the nod. As a hybrid lb he would dominate in a 3-4 package. Don’t get me wrong, I like Burris but Porter is a freakin stud. He’s extremely underrated and gets overshadowed by his teammate Moore. He’s a pass rusher plain and simple, something we are in dire need of.

Alternate 3rd round pick
Larry Warford OG Kentucky

I had to put this pick in here after I realized that every team in the league is probably aiming for Andy Levitre in the FA market. After that there is really nobody left in FA worth a damn at the guard position. I still have Porter as my top choice because the kid is a stud, plain and simple (so is Hodges) and we are in need of playmakers. Though Warford is a MONSTER of a man with seriously agile feet for his size. He’d make a hell of a guard next to Veldheer for many years.

4th Micah Hyde CB Iowa
Big, hard hitting corner. Isn’t a 4.4 guy but is fast enough. Excellent zone coverage skills, decent ball skills. Intelligent, might actually project better as a safety though I think he can be a successful corner. Stock took a little hit with a “public intoxication” charge during the season.

4th Brandon Williams NT Missouri Southern State
Div II prospect that dominated his competition. This guy could be scary good.

5th Brandon Hansen OG/C BYU
This kid is a little taller than I like in my OG at 6-5 but he’s strong and athletic. Better yet, he’s versatile having experience playing all three interior line positions.

6th Travis Kelce Cincinnati TE
Myers was a nice surprise. However, Kelce is an excellent runblocker that is a very underappreciated pass catcher. If Ausberry walks, Kelce would be a nice insurance policy.

7th Jalston Fowler FB Alabama
Serious Knee injury drops Fowler into late round/undrafted range. Prior to injury Fowler was a bulldozing leadblocker.

7th Kniles Davis RB Arksansas
Hell of a RB until a pretty serious ankle injury occurred. 2012 was a terrible year and Davis is likely making a GIANT mistake entering this year. Worth a roll of the dice to see if he can regain form.

Last edited by 101Raider on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would rather have Joeckel insteading of trading for all of those picks. Good overall though
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No team wants DHB and his contract. You can get a better WR than DHB with a 5th round pick.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
No team wants DHB and his contract. You can get a better WR than DHB with a 5th round pick.

Your most likely right, I know I wouldn't trade for the bum.

The value of AZ's 5th round pick would be 39 points. Might as well have them throw that in (they'd still be getting value) and remove the trade.

What about the rest of the mock though?
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Undrafted even, look at Streater.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
La_Vader

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't write out DHB yet boys. DHB likes being the underdog, don't sleep on him

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

La_Vader wrote:
don't write out DHB yet boys. DHB likes being the underdog, don't sleep on him

He's hit his ceiling. He's never going to be a consistent pass catcher. Easily replaceable.

Unless he gets hand replacement surgery in the offseason, I'm ready to move on. Only so many chest thumping 3rd down passes a guy can watch.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you really think ariz would give up basically their whole draft to move up 4 spots?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
101Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
you really think ariz would give up basically their whole draft to move up 4 spots?

In order to draft their most pressing need with the top rated player at the position (by a large margin) absolutely.

Especially since it's pretty much given that Eagles have Joeckel as the #1 target and multiple teams needing to upgrade the LT spot I honestly think we're in a position of strength for negotiating. A 1,2, 4 and 5th this year really is not that much compensation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: