Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chud's Chums Chit Chat (Coaching Staff Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Quote:
Former Cowboys defensive line coach Brian Baker has been hired by the Cleveland Browns as outside linebackers coach

Hmmm... help some of the DL guys in coverage as OLB?

makes sense....help Sheard/anyone we draft that plays DE in college transition to OLB in the 3-4

And bring Anthony Spencer. Smile

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
zelbell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
zelbell wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Quote:
Former Cowboys defensive line coach Brian Baker has been hired by the Cleveland Browns as outside linebackers coach

makes sense....help Sheard/anyone we draft that plays DE in college transition to OLB in the 3-4

that is a very good option to play OLB
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:
zelbell wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Quote:

that is a very good option to play OLB

Oh hell yes.

Good call BPP

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little info regarding the 2 recent hires...

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/cleveland_browns_hire_jon_embr.html

ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Quote:
#Browns have hired former Colorado coach and former #Redskins and #Chiefs assistant Jon Embree to coach tight ends.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Embree

He bombed as a HC at Colorado, but he's got an impressive resume as a TE coach. Coached Tony Gonzalez for 3 years (06-08 ) and Chris Cooley in his best year (2010). Nice hire.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Quote:
#Browns have hired former Colorado coach and former #Redskins and #Chiefs assistant Jon Embree to coach tight ends.

He bombed as a HC at Colorado, but he's got an impressive resume as a TE coach. Coached Tony Gonzalez for 3 years (06-08 ) and Chris Cooley in his best year (2010). Nice hire.

He wasn't that bad as a HC Laughing

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Quote:

He wasn't that bad as a HC Laughing

Heard a few nfl and college coaches and media say the reason he was fired at colorado was because of his skin, and not just the record....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely in love with our coaching staff.

John Frusciante FTW
Red Hot Chili Peppers FTW
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jimmy Haslam confirms #Browns switch to 3-4 defense; new coordinator Ray Horton likely intro'd next Tuesday

Braylon4MVP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Quote:
Jimmy Haslam confirms #Browns switch to 3-4 defense; new coordinator Ray Horton likely intro'd next Tuesday

Soooo... does this mean hybrid defense, but with 3-4 being the primary formation? Or were the hybrid talks all rumors?

John Frusciante FTW
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braylon4MVP wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Quote:

Soooo... does this mean hybrid defense, but with 3-4 being the primary formation? Or were the hybrid talks all rumors?

Hard to say, but I think when Chud happened to mention the word "hybrid", the media kind of ran with it and used it as a headline.

Here's what Chud actually said (remember, this was before Horton was officially hired):

Quote:
“We’re going to be an attacking style defense. We’re going to create turnovers. That’s what we want to do. We want to get after the quarterback and affect the quarterback’s play. That’s the number one thing you want to do as a defense. Whether that’s a 4-3 or a 3-4 and nowadays there’s a lot of hybrid systems out there, it will tie in more with the coordinator that I hire. I think we have the versatility of going either way.”

Based on this quote and Horton's comments from yesterday, I'd say we're primarily a 3-4 with occasional 4-man fronts.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
Braylon4MVP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Braylon4MVP wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Quote:

Hard to say, but I think when Chud happened to mention the word "hybrid", the media kind of ran with it and used it as a headline.

Here's what Chud actually said (remember, this was before Horton was officially hired):

Quote:
“We’re going to be an attacking style defense. We’re going to create turnovers. That’s what we want to do. We want to get after the quarterback and affect the quarterback’s play. That’s the number one thing you want to do as a defense. Whether that’s a 4-3 or a 3-4 and nowadays there’s a lot of hybrid systems out there, it will tie in more with the coordinator that I hire. I think we have the versatility of going either way.”

Based on this quote and Horton's comments from yesterday, I'd say we're primarily a 3-4 with occasional 4-man fronts.

That is where all of this hybrid talk came from? That quote? lol, that's disappointing. Thanks for the info.

John Frusciante FTW
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding Hortons defense:

http://www.azcardinals.com/videos-photos/videos/Ron-Wolfley-Sits-Down-With-Ray-Horton/5763a7fd-9827-4a02-b194-666f751c3495

Quote:
The highlights included his desire to have “big guys who can run, little guys who can hit” to make his defense successful as well as being a 3-4 defense on first and second downs and a 4-2 D on third downs. All of what Horton said seemed to fit right in line with what new Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski said about wanting an attack style defense. Horton’s D utilizes a variety of zone blitzes and its main goal is to put pressure on the quarterback. Given the Browns’ current personal, that will take some acquisitions in the offseason.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2013/01/a-look-into-ray-hortons-defensive-philosophy/

fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who can't watch the video, or are much too lazy to.. I'll highlight some quotes from Horton when he moved to Arizona-

Quote:
We're going to come after the qb, if they catch a pass the qb is going to get hit. The qb will get pressured, pressured, pressured. Its all about technique. We didn't have the most talented players last year, but my players understood the philosophy and by doing that allowed us to not give up a play longer than 24 yards, all season.

Quote:
It will be a 34 defense on 1st and 2nd down, or as long as they allow you to be in a 34 defense. 3rd down passing situations we're going to be a 4-2 team. We're going to be a pressure team whether we are running a 3 man front, a 1 man front, or a 4 man front.

Quote:
Regarding the fire zone blitz- the idea is to rush 4 - 3 being the linemen and the other being a mystery to the opposition. The idea is to rush 4 and drop 1 so that you don't get beat for a huge play. The idea is to disguise what guy you bring so the opposition doesn't know at any given time who is actually coming at the qb.

Quote:
My fire zone blitz it my cover 1. I like to have some people playing man underneath, and some people playing zone underneath. I Like to throw qbs off making them wonder if he is about to get an all out blitz, a zone blitz, or a cover 3?

Quote:
Idea is to make leaders out of his better players. I know what they can do on the football field, my idea is to take that to the next step, make them leaders so the guy next to them will know what to do and how to improve.

Quote:
My nose tackle has to be the man of the defense. He has to be the unsung hero. He has to dominate so that the linebackers can do all sorts of things. He is very critical of our defense having success

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
For those who can't watch the video, or are much too lazy to.. I'll highlight some quotes from Horton when he moved to Arizona-

Quote:
We're going to come after the qb, if they catch a pass the qb is going to get hit. The qb will get pressured, pressured, pressured. Its all about technique. We didn't have the most talented players last year, but my players understood the philosophy and by doing that allowed us to not give up a play longer than 24 yards, all season.

Quote:
It will be a 34 defense on 1st and 2nd down, or as long as they allow you to be in a 34 defense. 3rd down passing situations we're going to be a 4-2 team. We're going to be a pressure team whether we are running a 3 man front, a 1 man front, or a 4 man front.

Quote:
Regarding the fire zone blitz- the idea is to rush 4 - 3 being the linemen and the other being a mystery to the opposition. The idea is to rush 4 and drop 1 so that you don't get beat for a huge play. The idea is to disguise what guy you bring so the opposition doesn't know at any given time who is actually coming at the qb.

Quote:
My fire zone blitz it my cover 1. I like to have some people playing man underneath, and some people playing zone underneath. I Like to throw qbs off making them wonder if he is about to get an all out blitz, a zone blitz, or a cover 3?

Quote:
Idea is to make leaders out of his better players. I know what they can do on the football field, my idea is to take that to the next step, make them leaders so the guy next to them will know what to do and how to improve.

Quote:
My nose tackle has to be the man of the defense. He has to be the unsung hero. He has to dominate so that the linebackers can do all sorts of things. He is very critical of our defense having success

I like ray Horton Twisted Evil

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: