Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pro Football Hall of Fame Names Finalists
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfinley88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Pro Football Hall of Fame Names Finalists Reply with quote

Larry Allen
Jonathan Ogden
Cris Carter
Warren Sapp
Kevin Greene
Dave Robinson
Aeneas Williams

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is playing 10 seasons which is around average "compiling stats?" That is just stupid. Complaining just to complain, hating just to hate.

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
PredatorPeppers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of good finalist this year for the HOF, should be interesting to see who gets in.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
How is playing 10 seasons which is around average "compiling stats?" That is just stupid. Complaining just to complain, hating just to hate.

Nah the football gods hate the Jets plenty. We don't need to hate on that team.
seriously27

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Pro Football Hall of Fame Names Finalists Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
Larry Allen
Jonathan Ogden
Cris Carter
Warren Sapp
Kevin Greene
Dave Robinson
Aeneas Williams

You have one too many modern finalists.

I think Allen and Ogden are in. Parcells is a good choice although I could switch him with Art. I think the logjam gets cleared a little with both Carter and Reed getting in this year.

I do wish Greene would get in though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Pro Football Hall of Fame Names Finalists Reply with quote

seriously27 wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
Larry Allen
Jonathan Ogden
Cris Carter
Warren Sapp
Kevin Greene
Dave Robinson
Aeneas Williams

I think Allen and Ogden are in. Parcells is a good choice although I could switch him with Art. I think the logjam gets cleared a little with both Carter and Reed getting in this year.

I would disagree that Carter and Reed are getting the votes to be enshrined together.
seriously27

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Pro Football Hall of Fame Names Finalists Reply with quote

PurpleLion wrote:
seriously27 wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
Larry Allen
Jonathan Ogden
Cris Carter
Warren Sapp
Kevin Greene
Dave Robinson
Aeneas Williams

I would disagree that Carter and Reed are getting the votes to be enshrined together.

Normally I would too but if you look at the group of fifteen modern candidates you see two owners and a coach, which I think you can take only one at the most because voters like to put in players more than them. Three offensive linemen. I think two of them are definates in the vote but they won't do all three. You have three defensive linemen and three wide receivers. One LB, RB and CB. Of the last three, I don't think it's their time to go in yet.

So that leaves two spots for the other six. The senior commitee will send in a defensive lineman. So I don't think the voters will feel like they need to send one of the three in. It's not unprecedented for two people of the same position to get voted in the same year. I just think it could happen. Although I could see Strahan getting in over one of them as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Pro Football Hall of Fame Names Finalists Reply with quote

seriously27 wrote:
Normally I would too but if you look at the group of fifteen modern candidates you see two owners and a coach, which I think you can take only one at the most because voters like to put in players more than them. Three offensive linemen. I think two of them are definates in the vote but they won't do all three. You have three defensive linemen and three wide receivers. One LB, RB and CB. Of the last three, I don't think it's their time to go in yet.

So that leaves two spots for the other six. The senior commitee will send in a defensive lineman. So I don't think the voters will feel like they need to send one of the three in. It's not unprecedented for two people of the same position to get voted in the same year. I just think it could happen. Although I could see Strahan getting in over one of them as well.
We're kind of in agreement and I agree with the first part. My guess would be something like this.
In:
Odgen
Allen,
Culp,
Robinson,
Not in:
Bettis,
Haley,
Shields-Odgen and Allen in,
Williams-not many CB in there,
Greene,
Others:
Sapp-would guess that he will be the 5th person in,
Strahan-possible and not likely if Sapp makes it there,
Parcells-maybe because he's the only coach that's on here,
Art Modell-maybe and not with Debartolo,
Debartolo-maybe and not with Modell also,
Reed-maybe,
Carter-maybe and possibly with Brown,
Brown-the likely WR to get enshrined in my opinion.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone there really needs to start nominating Chuck Howley as a senior candidate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: